Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

V. Illych L. posted:

deaths of despair

V. Illych L. posted:

significant evolutionary pressure
:piss:

A soul-destroying snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

If the US didnt invade every country then what would we do with allcthis tax money?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

bedpan posted:

there are 1,000,000+ terrible ways to monetize eugenics

Epstein had significant interest in futurist concepts, and an ideological interest in eugenics. We all also know in this thread that transhumanism as an ideology is significantly backed by MIC money outside this lot, as much as they can be separated.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

StratGoatCom posted:

Epstein had significant interest in futurist concepts, and an ideological interest in eugenics. We all also know in this thread that transhumanism as an ideology is significantly backed by MIC money outside this lot, as much as they can be separated.

i see epstein as not just a spook connected blackmail pedo but as operating at the vanguard of a new kind of techno fascism. the similarity between what john of god was doing with the baby farms in brazil and what epstein wanted to do w more tech and on a much bigger scale at his new mexico ranch is quite haunting really.

in fact everything about that ranch, its location, its design, etc creeps me the gently caress out.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
that sounds like formal dark enlightenment stuff to me, like moldbug. or maybe epstein just helps me make better sense of it

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

gh0stpinballa posted:

i see epstein as not just a spook connected blackmail pedo but as operating at the vanguard of a new kind of techno fascism. the similarity between what john of god was doing with the baby farms in brazil and what epstein wanted to do w more tech and on a much bigger scale at his new mexico ranch is quite haunting really.

in fact everything about that ranch, its location, its design, etc creeps me the gently caress out.

are there any write ups on this ranch?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Squizzle posted:

theyre trying to decode the True Name of humanity so they can at long last work the great spell that unmakes all humankind and all the fruit of its work

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

Wish my reference was something cooler but this transhumanism poo poo really reminds me of the whole SEELE plan in Evangelion.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 07:49 on Aug 7, 2020

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Wasabi the J posted:

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

ask yourself: is there something sinister in moralism?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
We have footage of the shirt Dersh took off for the massage. No word yet on whether the underwear that was left on was Spider-Man themed.

jojoinnit has issued a correction as of 09:18 on Aug 7, 2020

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

please dont post children in this thread, dershes shirt is a crime too holy FUKCK

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Centrist Committee posted:

that sounds like formal dark enlightenment stuff to me, like moldbug. or maybe epstein just helps me make better sense of it

Nah, the dark enlightment are clowns - potentially dangerous ones, mind you, but clowns.

I don't think it a coincidence that genetically designed or cybernetically enhanced ubermech are being rehabilitated in modern media - it's useful to make folks think 'cool future' or character when MIC types want to be able to put bits of semiconductor in folks or fill them with drugs that make Panzerschokolade look like sugar pills to make them better at killing poor fuckers in whatever post-colonial place we've turned into a shitehole this time, let alone wanting folks to tolerate the idea of the rich paying to speciate their offspring - and that is the end game of these concepts of designer babies that are attempting to return to the mainstream, albeit probably by reproductive isolation, rather then genetic incompatibility. It's not that garbage like altered carbon or the rest of that poo poo in the current SF fandom are MIC psyops, just that they're useful bits of stupid nerd idiocy to signal boost to achieve those ends, or inspire shitheads to think they can be achieved.

The rest is explicable by rich assholes having an endless fear of limits and their mortality.

What really annoys me of course, is anarcho-transhumanists or other transhumanist 'leftists'; what kind of excuse for a 'black cat' sees the origins of all that poo poo and tries to reclaim something liberatory out of tech born to create better oppressors or ways of thinking about living systems born of our societies never-really-finally-dealt-with eugenicism issue? It's complete brain worms.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 14:20 on Aug 7, 2020

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

StratGoatCom posted:

What really annoys me of course, is anarcho-transhumanists or other transhumanist 'leftists'; what kind of excuse for a 'black cat' sees the origins of all that poo poo and tries to reclaim something liberatory out of tech born to create better oppressors or ways of thinking about living systems born of our societies never-really-finally-dealt-with eugenicism issue? It's complete brain worms.

We just had a massive derail about Blade Runner in another thread. Tl;dr, Machines that act with humanity are more human than "humans" that act without humanity. Technology itself is morally neutral unless it's deployed to harm the vulnerable. I wouldn't go creating artificial life (or biological life, for that matter) but wouldn't be a dick to someone just because they didn't born out no 'giner.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Suplex Liberace posted:

please dont post children in this thread, dershes shirt is a crime too holy FUKCK

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Tubgoat posted:

We just had a massive derail about Blade Runner in another thread. Tl;dr, Machines that act with humanity are more human than "humans" that act without humanity. Technology itself is morally neutral unless it's deployed to harm the vulnerable. I wouldn't go creating artificial life (or biological life, for that matter) but wouldn't be a dick to someone just because they didn't born out no 'giner.

Technology has logics of it's own, it's not as neutral it would seem; a society puts it's imprint on the technology it builds, yes, but it goes the other way as well.

And anyone who'd gently caress with the genetics of their kids like that out of desire for superiority, or who'd clone themselves... well, I don't want it happening even after the revolution, because I don't want to be getting called out of bed for militia duty to back up the community's Child Services Department, because anyone narcissistic enough to do that is probably gonna end up having their kids removed from the home for their own safety. There is only one kosher application of that tech, and thats dealing with genetic conditions incompatible with life.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 15:00 on Aug 7, 2020

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I support folks' rights to gently caress with their own genes for sure, not with their kids' though.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

StratGoatCom posted:

Nah, the dark enlightment are clowns - potentially dangerous ones, mind you, but clowns.
The Epstein Ranch stuff is in line with DE/NRx and pretty much what Nick Land's hyper-racism calls for. Or all of Peter Thiel's wacky bullshit.

quote:

Elimination of oppression and reclamation of that technology for the public good are inextricably connected.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

all that molecular biology supported with government grants will def provide widely accessible and affordable solutions to medical health 2 normal citizens who paid for the research

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

nut posted:

all that molecular biology supported with government grants will def provide widely accessible and affordable solutions to medical health 2 normal citizens who paid for the research

all what molecular biology supported with government grants? so much research has been poisoned by the publish or perish treadmill. just endless fields of data massaged into meaningless to get p<.05

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Saw this on my timeline getting thrown around as evidence the satanic childkillers/toymakers getting emboldened. https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1291773663239458816?s=19
Am I nuts for thinking it's obviously just a button on the dolls butt that makes it say something when you sit it down? Nobody else seems to think so.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Rookoo posted:

Saw this on my timeline getting thrown around as evidence the satanic childkillers/toymakers getting emboldened. https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1291773663239458816?s=19
Am I nuts for thinking it's obviously just a button on the dolls butt that makes it say something when you sit it down? Nobody else seems to think so.

https://twitter.com/SamParkerSenate/status/1290986237315039232?s=20

Bro what the fucj

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

That isn’t exactly a vibrating broomstick. the doll isn’t cumming. good god parents are crazy.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Loucks posted:

That isn’t exactly a vibrating broomstick. the doll isn’t cumming. good god parents are crazy.

a secret crotch button that gasps on a child's toy is weird my guy

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i sense this troll doll subtopic is about to engulf this thread for at least the next 4 pages

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

that's definitely a little weird and probably in poor taste, so obviously hasbro is part of a child sex trafficking ring search qanon on youtube sheeple wwgowga

gh0stpinballa posted:

i sense this troll doll subtopic is about to engulf this thread for at least the next 4 pages

troll doll trolls cspam thread

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

can you buy a life size one on wayfair?

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Google Butt posted:

a secret crotch button that gasps on a child's toy is weird my guy

It’s weird, but it’s not grooming children. all sorts of poorly-thought out stuff is produced and makes it to market. worth a laugh and an eyeroll, but that’s it.

I’m not defending the dumb doll, just making fun of the people who think it’s definitely designed to groom kids.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Loucks posted:

It’s weird, but it’s not grooming children. all sorts of poorly-thought out stuff is produced and makes it to market. worth a laugh and an eyeroll, but that’s it.

I’m not defending the dumb doll, just making fun of the people who think it’s definitely designed to groom kids.

hmmm how can u be so sure though???

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
the de facto standard location for "button that makes doll do something" has always been either the belly or the back, so at best this is thoughtless & clueless toy design.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I believe in an international ring of child abusers/sex traffickers but “lemme give this doll a crotch button so kids are easier to molest” is really galaxy brained thinking

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

back in my day the trolls were naked

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

back in my day the trolls were naked

i've been married too

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

Loucks posted:

it shows a shocking lack of awareness from a company that makes children’s toys though. I assumed that every toy has to pass a “is this somehow perverted” test. guess not.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

the intent can be questioned but the functionality cant

it makes for a grooming tool

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy
If there's more noises/sayings etc that it'll make that were left out of the mom's video when the button is pressed I'd maybe be thinking eh weird but whatever gotta work with the space you have etc.
But if that's it and when viewing the video and how it looks when the doll is on it's back with legs up, bit of a skeevy vibe.

Edit: from post above, yeah can definitely see it from that angle of things with using doll to normalize or what have you, when the noises aren't like "ouch" or something say related to some kind of funny fell on my rear end gag.

Probably a tad too crack-pinged but it's fishy.

Jack Ketch has issued a correction as of 19:18 on Aug 7, 2020

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m 100% not dying on any “the doll is good, actually” hill. just my thought after looking at the video and having been around kids and their toys.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

the intent can be questioned but the functionality cant

it makes for a grooming tool

valid

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
That's just part of the toy line associated with the xrated directors cut.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
lol. bananacakes

https://twitter.com/SamParkerSenate/status/1291062852493533185?s=20

back in my day the dolls only tried to convert you to Islam. world's gone mad.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Henry Weinstein presents Trolls: World Tuourp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

uber_stoat posted:

lol. bananacakes

https://twitter.com/SamParkerSenate/status/1291062852493533185?s=20

back in my day the dolls only tried to convert you to Islam. world's gone mad.

lol i actually saw that doll on some clearance deal websites and it's gone too. there's definitely a level of product recall that's something like 'holy gently caress this is killing kids get it off shelves NOW!!' and it has absolutely been activated