Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Its that south park poo poo all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Julius CSAR posted:

I just keep clicking “randomize” and laughing

This is who I am now.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Big Beef City posted:

This is who I am now.

Now?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
That dog's gonna have health problems.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Big Beef City posted:

Exactly. I prefer USEFUL figures, such as for my wargaming. Perchance not as LAMESTREAM as your CRAP-O pops, but infinitely more useful, and dare I say, adult? Alongside their infinitely more useful nature, they allow you to express your own artistic mastery.

For example, this miniature giant robot horse that has a laser coming out of its rear end

Now THAT is something useful, artistic, and a real conversation starter. Something you can proudly display in your home and show off a MEANINGFUL side of your persona.

Lmao at nerd whataboutism. Both things are lame, but funkos all looking the same makes them objectively one degree lamer.

BRB, gonna buy 100 palette swaps of the same painting to decorate my walls.

Jeremiah Flintwick fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 8, 2020

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Ultra Carp

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Big Beef City posted:

This is who I am now.

Oh deer

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Big Beef City posted:

This is who I am now.

That is who you have always been. Now you are able to express it via Funko Pops(TM).

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I didn’t realize how many of these had been gifted to my husband over the years until his office closed and he had to bring all of his desk trinkets home. Now there is a loving pickle rick funko pop on my mantelpiece.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Ghost Leviathan posted:

My usual actually serious answer is; they're dirt cheap below the impulse buy threshold for most people, and they're often the cheapest and most easily available merchandise for a lot of franchises. For things like Steven Universe, they're sometimes the only merchandise you can actually find, period. Since they'll take literally any license and pump out something cheaply. (The same company also makes higher-quality and more accurate figurines for certain franchises, like Cuphead, with different branding)

For some people they turn into basically pogs/pokemon to collect em all, for others they become beanie babies where they're dead-eyed certain they'll be a retirement nest egg. And some just buy them because everyone else is.

These threads always bring out the worst in GBS. People not getting why they are so popular and then other people coming in and sniping at them for making fun of something so trivial. I think a fun idea for a thread like this might be to find some nerdy pop-culture thing that hasn't been made into a funkopop.

*google image searching*

Aha! Sealab 2021 has plenty of action figures but no funkopops! Score one for me!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Funko Pop fanatic spotted

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Valko posted:

These threads always bring out the worst in GBS. People not getting why they are so popular and then other people coming in and sniping at them for making fun of something so trivial. I think a fun idea for a thread like this might be to find some nerdy pop-culture thing that hasn't been made into a funkopop.

*google image searching*

Aha! Sealab 2021 has plenty of action figures but no funkopops! Score one for me!

All consumerism is wrong, op

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

remigious posted:

I didn’t realize how many of these had been gifted to my husband over the years until his office closed and he had to bring all of his desk trinkets home. Now there is a loving pickle rick funko pop on my mantelpiece.

I am so sorry. You should really :sever:

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

lol

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Valko posted:

I think a fun idea for a thread like this might be to find some nerdy pop-culture thing that hasn't been made into a funkopop.

They would not enjoy the thread. I considered it once. I did just make Moss from IT Crowd for fun and he is kinda cute imo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Zartosht posted:

Lmao at nerd whataboutism.

I've never personally encountered an insufferable Funko Pop collector in my life but I've never encountered a Warhammer guy who wasn't insufferable. Like a lot of things the internet is weirdly passionate about hating for an extended period of time it seems like it's mostly nerds who are insecure about their own weird fixations and hangups defensively lashing out a "normie" thing while telling on themselves. Watching tabletop gaming dudes smirk about the existence of funkos is like watching hardcore WoW addicts smirk about the idea of going out to a bar after work.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

I wonder if anyone ever shoved one up their butt hole??? Could you imagine?????????

Another thing I'm wondering is what do you think the Funko smells like haha i'm just curious for laughs haha i would like to smell them

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Without a doubt, someone, somewhere is putting a funkopop up their rear end right now. I've read stories about the things getting removed from peoples asses. I mean turnips? Really? I should note that what we here on the other side of the atlantic call turnips are better known as rutabagas.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

They are garbage, kidrobot's stuff looks much nicer. Still overpriced vinyl but at least some of it can be called art.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There’s no Johnny 5 funko pop. :smith:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Valko posted:

Without a doubt, someone, somewhere is putting a funkopop up their rear end right now. I've read stories about the things getting removed from peoples asses. I mean turnips? Really? I should note that what we here on the other side of the atlantic call turnips are better known as rutabagas.

What do you call rutabagas?

The Rutabaga Mk II?

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I bought this for a chick, and then we had sex. Funkos are okay by me

i don't know if this works in every situation. it was her birthday, at least

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Crow is the King Prong of anal funkopops

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

What do you call rutabagas?

The Rutabaga Mk II?

We call rutabagas turnips or 'swedes'. I have never seen an actual turnip - the small round hard white and purple things - for sale anywhere.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Valko posted:

We call rutabagas turnips or 'swedes'. I have never seen an actual turnip - the small round hard white and purple things - for sale anywhere.

I

I don't understand

What do you do when you want the flavor of daikon radish with the texture of extremely hard squash, all dipped in wax?

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

There’s no Johnny 5 funko pop. :smith:

Thats because pops are for fake-rear end poo poo, and Johnny 5 is ALIVE

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

I'm imagining this relationship and it's seriously bumming me out. Two sad nerds drifting through life living looking for little hits of nostalgia to make themselves feel something until finally the wife decides to try polyamory and the whole house of cards comes down

wasn't that the goon who had his kids taken away by child protective services because they were living in abject poverty? Or was it just from an ancient version of the r/relationships thread? I know I saw that image on SA years ago and was mortified. IT also was before r/relationships was entirely fake stories too

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

blight rhino posted:

I bought this for a chick, and then we had sex. Funkos are okay by me

i don't know if this works in every situation. it was her birthday, at least

I kinda like this one. Mostly because it doesn't look like a Funko Pop.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Sleeveless posted:

I've never personally encountered an insufferable Funko Pop collector in my life but I've never encountered a Warhammer guy who wasn't insufferable. Like a lot of things the internet is weirdly passionate about hating for an extended period of time it seems like it's mostly nerds who are insecure about their own weird fixations and hangups defensively lashing out a "normie" thing while telling on themselves. Watching tabletop gaming dudes smirk about the existence of funkos is like watching hardcore WoW addicts smirk about the idea of going out to a bar after work.

lol yeah it's totally the people mocking a thing on the forum dedicated to mocking things who are defensive, not the ones literally being defensive about fuckin' funkos of all things.

e: I have never warhammed and never will, just for the record.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

They Have No Mouth And I Must Buy Them

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Spinz posted:

They would not enjoy the thread. I considered it once. I did just make Moss from IT Crowd for fun and he is kinda cute imo

noted beautiful man Richard Ayoade is 'kinda cute' or TV character Moss is 'kinda cute'?
either way the answer is yes so i'm not sure why i asked. probably so i can post this.

e: i see now you meant your spinsterpop rendition was kinda cute to which i say ehhh. (it's the hair that does it)

Strumpie fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 8, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Please STOP mocking Funko Pops they are VERY normal and QUITE fun

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Ever since last night I've had this Russian woman in my head saying "They have big head. Like baby."

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Ultra Carp

Strumpie posted:

noted beautiful man Richard Ayoade is 'kinda cute' or TV character Moss is 'kinda cute'?
either way the answer is yes so i'm not sure why i asked. probably so i can post this.

e: i see now you meant your spinsterpop rendition was kinda cute to which is say ehhh. (it's the hair that does it)

Spinz posted:

He's gorgeous

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Strumpie posted:

e: i see now you meant your spinsterpop rendition was kinda cute to which is say ehhh. (it's the hair that does it)

He's gorgeous

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

i live in horny jail

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I am the warden of horny jail

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

New Rule: If you like Funko Pops, gently caress YOU!

ILY Dead Gay Forum
Mar 15, 2019

Away all Goats posted:

They Have No Mouth And I Must Buy Them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i’m honestly surprised they aren’t running some collectible card app to go along with the physical toys