Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Gearhead posted:

Those rare boss rooms are a double edged doublesaber. There's poo poo that drops off rare enemies that you almost never see, but the bosses themselves are always a little higher level than normal for your difficulty. This can be a pain in the rear end when you're up against a boss or boss combo that particularly sucks.

In JP I believe it's possible to wind up with Odin as your rare boss too. I stopped playing JP before Odin became a thing, but I've been told that he can show up as a Code Duel once you've fought him, and failing his enrage mechanics can nuke an entire area.

I checked it out afterward and I got the rare Chrome Dragon. Didn't get anything special aside from a bunch of high-level PA discs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Jade Rider posted:

I checked it out afterward and I got the rare Chrome Dragon. Didn't get anything special aside from a bunch of high-level PA discs.

Which zone did it send you to? The ??? areas are some of the prettiest in the game and I really wish I could set my room or the guild hall to the floating city ruins.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Jade Rider posted:

Usually, the big thing are PA discs, rare enemies often drop oddball PAs or have a boosted loot table. There was a time, before we started to casually go above 11* equipment, that rare enemy armor and weapon sets were A Thing, but it didn't last long.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I definitely remember Haze Draal's gun being worth a pretty penny.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah he'll murder everyone if he gets Zantetsuken off. It's funny to see him with a space elf of robot head though, and he's real fun fight, especially on Gunner and Bouncer.

Even here he gets visual characteristics of the last player to defeat him? I love it

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

AweStriker posted:

Even here he gets visual characteristics of the last player to defeat him? I love it

Nah, he actually just has a small set of default heads that he can use when he shows up rarely in free fields (which gives the FATE notification when he does so)

This is all in JP of course, NA hasn't gotten the FF14 event yet.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah it's basically the heads for the first couple of default charagen setups.

Friend's screenshot because it's all I have on hand:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Well I just got to the first real quest of Episode 4, and we went full meta so fast it gave me whiplash.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Oh god, please give me the Bouncer guys nagging each other over Pietro gushing about his pets.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/1291716011482202112
Gunslash/Gunblade Successor/Scion class is named "Luster"

You can use one of three styles: Fomel-style, Zandia-style, or Barant-style, based on the element of your Gunblade (fire or dark, wind or lightning, and ice or light; respectively)
  • Fomel-style is offense-oriented; and will passively grant a boost to Perfect Attacks
  • Zandia-style is speed-based; it'll boost your step iframes and make it easier to do counters
  • Barant-style is defensive; You'll gain guard points on a lot of your moves, and will enhance your Stay-arts
Luster's PAs will change depending on your style, and if you are standing (Stay-arts) or moving (Move-arts)
There's counters, gear/focus charges to use bigger attacks, and a Gunslash/blade Time (not the right name) skill with a finishing move (like Hero Time and Phantom Time)
Luster also features a "Smart PA" button, which will make you use the move the game thinks is best for the current situation.

The rest of the PSO2 Station +:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5a_MiO6d3k

New NGS Information will not be announced during PSO2 Station, as they want to announce anything new NGS-related globally.

SSSS.GRIDMAN Collab announced for a future update:
https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/1291711110735790080

End-of-stream teaser: New pet based on Synchro's moveset; and a new, harder Armada EQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ-7XwKUJgQ

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 7, 2020

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Saagonsa posted:

They should've made Euclyta Australian too

Lol did they seriously not give her an accent? Or does she have one after being de-Apprentice’d? Having siblings with 2 different accents is kinda a strange oversight

Also he’ll yeah Gridman! Not sure why now of all times but better than never I guess

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

Oh god, please give me the Bouncer guys nagging each other over Pietro gushing about his pets.

what if you could have both

https://twitter.com/Kirbysuperstar/status/1291750995639152641

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Lol did they seriously not give her an accent? Or does she have one after being de-Apprentice’d? Having siblings with 2 different accents is kinda a strange oversight

They grew up pretty separate, after all and Afin doesn't have much of an accent when he's a kid.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008
If I got all the classes to 75 before episode 4 for the stat boosts, is there any reason to put them up to 80? There's probably a title, but unless it comes with another stat boost I'm not really interested in doing that much grind again.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

NextTime000 posted:

New NGS Information will not be announced during PSO2 Station, as they want to announce anything new NGS-related globally.

That's really good and makes me hopeful for the future. It shows that they are committed to other regions for this new game right off the bat.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

kirbysuperstar posted:

what if you could have both

https://twitter.com/Kirbysuperstar/status/1291750995639152641

They grew up pretty separate, after all and Afin doesn't have much of an accent when he's a kid.

Katori is good, so I could deal with that.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Does anyone have a link to a resource on how BP is gained in PvP matches and how much rank affects it?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Frush posted:

If I got all the classes to 75 before episode 4 for the stat boosts, is there any reason to put them up to 80? There's probably a title, but unless it comes with another stat boost I'm not really interested in doing that much grind again.

I wanna know this too, is the level for class bonuses still 75?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
If you didn't get the title for completing the 10 class excubes for the extra star gems at 75, you'll have to get them to 80 to get class excubes again for those quests.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

THE loving MOON posted:

I wanna know this too, is the level for class bonuses still 75?

Yes. You don't have to level classes past 75 to get title bonus stats.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Alright cool, thanks. Thats much less tedious than it could be. :v:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hyper Inferno posted:

If you didn't get the title for completing the 10 class excubes for the extra star gems at 75, you'll have to get them to 80 to get class excubes again for those quests.

Doesn't really seem worth it with how slow 75-80 is. Maybe sometime in the future when I have nothing else to do and bonus keys to burn.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Is 1 Tokyo Gold Bonus worth more than 5 Tokyo Silver bonus?

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Hypocrisy posted:

Is 1 Tokyo Gold Bonus worth more than 5 Tokyo Silver bonus?

No that's more of a handy thing for if you forgot about some keys and they expired on you so you're not entirely empty handed.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
For the record, I'm pretty sure the experience on the silver keys is where it should be now. I got ~1,000,000 each from the ones I did yesterday.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
How do i get gold and silver keys?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
There's 1 silver key in your dailies, 1 gold key in your weekly. You can also get keys from the daily presents from the recommended quests. You can convert 5 silver keys into 1 gold key, but this is a net loss of experience.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

So what's the deal with the Circuray armor? They were the most recommended items you could buy from the independence day badges and word is they got really good once crafting was introduced but I don't know what I need to do

edit: found the answer, I was thinking about the ability to equip rings to them which apparently hasn't been added yet

Fawf fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 8, 2020

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Getting classes to 80 is 40x2 star gems a piece for the title so it's not exactly the worst investment eventually if you're stacking up bonus keys.

EDIT: correction of gems

Stanos fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 8, 2020

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It's actually 40×2 stargems. The distribution is weird :v:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Yeah you're right there, so definitely worth doing just from a benefit standpoint.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
So what the hell, I just saw this pop up on steam and had no idea it was actually coming out here.

1. I realise it's free but how F2P friendly is it?
2. Is it solo friendly, I have no friends
3. What game is this closest to? does it have good loot

I realise google exists but it's just a bunch of dumb ign reviews and I trust you more

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Extremely F2P friendly. Arguably, the only thing worth ever spending money on, is MAGs and you can get a set of 3 for $9. Beyond that you might want to buy, like, inventory slots or something. The game wrings the gently caress out of whales for cosmetics that they can sell for meseta (used to buy mostly cosmetics). It is not a good game to play if you have a predilection for whaling and cosmetics, especially if you do not like trying to make in-game bucks (meseta).

Soloing is cool and fun, but it's funner with others. The big fights (urgent quests) and AQs are easily and often preferably puggable.

Maybe, like, Diablo? I don't know.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

teacup posted:

1. I realise it's free but how F2P friendly is it?
You start out with 50 inventory slots, which is frustratingly few. 20-40 more is fine, though, and that'll run you ~$10-$20. Aside from that, the big attraction is a monthly premium subscription (~$12) that offers all kinds of appealing perks, but none of them really feel mandatory. Aside from my initial slot buy, I haven't spent a dime, and it hasn't caused me any problems so far.

e: if you want to play a class that does a different type of damage than the one you've built your mag (pet) for, your DPS will suffer a little unless you buy a second mag. they cost like $3 though

quote:

2. Is it solo friendly, I have no friends
Not entirely. Running with a full party of four gives you a +40% boost to EXP, money, and rare drops, which is pretty significant; you can get a +25% boost with a party of NPCs, though, so it isn't a huge deal. The NPCs themselves are useless, though, so for high-end content you'll want an actual party on your side. There's a matchmaking function, though, along with a fairly active goon guild, so that shouldn't be a huge problem.

quote:

3. What game is this closest to? does it have good loot
Uhhh it honestly plays pretty differently from anything I've ever seen. It's an MMO with really fast action combat, basically? The loot is kind of disappointing, IMO; lots of junk items and crafting materials, few actual upgrades. It probably gets better once you hit endgame, but I haven't yet.

Elephant Parade fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 8, 2020

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Elephant Parade posted:

You start out with 50 inventory slots, which is frustratingly few. 20-40 more is fine, though, and that'll run you ~$10-$20. Aside from that, the big attraction is a monthly premium subscription (~$12) that offers all kinds of appealing perks, but none of them really feel mandatory. Aside from my initial slot buy, I haven't spent a dime, and it hasn't caused me any problems so far.

I've increased my inventory up to 110 slots, and it's still easy to fill that up during an urgent quest. Thankfully it's quick and easy to dump everything to your storage until you get back to the ship to sort it out. You'll definitely want to get material storage ASAP though, but that can be bought with in-game currency (or real money if you're desperate).

Premium definitely feels a little more worth it thanks to how crafting works, though for me the real value was doubling the number of client orders I could be on at one time. I agree it's not mandatory though.

Elephant Parade posted:

Not entirely. Running with a full party of four gives you a +40% boost to EXP, money, and rare drops, which is pretty significant; you can get a +25% boost with a party of NPCs, though, so it isn't a huge deal. The NPCs themselves are useless, though, so for high-end content you'll want an actual party on your side. There's a matchmaking function, though, along with a fairly active goon guild, so that shouldn't be a huge problem.

As a counterpoint, I've never managed to catch the goon guild but there's been a couple hundred hours worth of content just doing the story, leveling, and goofing around with UQs that I've never really had to care about "high-end" content that needs an organized group.

The matchmaking works well enough for grabbing a little bonus XP from UQs or running the odd advance quest.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Game's fun. The only real forced investment is the hefty 70GB install.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I found out the issue with my steam, turns out the steam version is region locked out of my country but the windows version is available lol.

So now that’s the case, what should I do to make the windows install as smooth as possible? Will I be able to play with people who are playing on steam if I’m playing on windows?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Use the tweaker to install fresh and follow their instructions to link the install to your xbox/ms-store account. Its at arks-layer.com or something like

Yes you can play with steam users

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

So far this is "Phantasy Star Online, but better", which is fine by me. Do Rangers still get long rifles? I liked the ability to snipe from range in the original.

So far my only gripe about PSO2 is that the soundtrack is utterly forgettable. PSO's music made that game, and even Universe had some pretty good tunes from what I remember (not much). PSO2's is just so. . . muted most of the time.

I'll have to give the Gunblade more of a lookover. As far as I can see it seems like an emergency melee weapon, but why even use it when the Rifle has a shotgun PA (and a drat good one at that)?

Grimthwacker fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 8, 2020

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Grimthwacker posted:

So far this is "Phantasy Star Online, but better", which is fine by me. Do Rangers still get long rifles? I liked the ability to snipe from range in the original.

So far my only gripe about PSO2 is that the soundtrack is utterly forgettable. PSO's music made that game, and even Universe had some pretty good tunes from what I remember (not much). PSO2's is just so. . . muted most of the time.

I'll have to give the Gunblade more of a lookover. As far as I can see it seems like an emergency melee weapon, but why even use it when the Rifle has a shotgun PA (and a drat good one at that)?

The game really wants you to like Gunblades and I don't know why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Gunblades are just universal weapons, they aren't super useful outside of some utility. Ranged PP restore is nice if you don't have that option and they have a decent movement ability.