Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Rarity posted:

The Nexus invasion was 10 years ago what the gently caress

And it was over 9 years 51 weeks ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Easily the best thing WWE has done since Raw Underground.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

WWE is definitely more fun to read about the stupider they get

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I like how the guy with the chainsaw gingerly touches each ring rope while the group encourages him.

I also like how that could have been done with bolt cutters or something instead of having a actual chainsaw around a bunch of people

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

I'm the group of anarchist outsiders politely emailing the company we're targeting to let them know who we are
they’re a nostalgia act from when terrorists gave you the courtesy of a warning call

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Andrast posted:

WWE is definitely more fun to read about the stupider they get

Jerusalem doesn't get enough praise for his usual weekly recap summaries. I kept track of reading about each weekly show one time, and the most coherent sounding thing in 7 hours of programming over the span of 5 days was "Keith Lee won a match"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

All you have to do is compare this bullshit to the Nexus invasion and it's night and loving day.

When Aces and 8s did their first major attack, I remember a week later Hogan was cutting a promo in the ring and briefly referenced it, refusing to dignify the situation by claiming that they wouldn't be showing a replay of the incident. People complimented this because it came off as a semi-realistic reaction.

So there you go. Worse than Aces and 8s.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You'd think that after a group of anarchists tried to sabotage your show on Monday that you'd do something about it to stop it from happening again like calling in the cops or beefing up security but nope, WWE just gonna sit holding their dicks all week and let it keep happening

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Rarity posted:

You'd think that after a group of anarchists tried to sabotage your show on Monday that you'd do something about it to stop it from happening again like calling in the cops or beefing up security but nope, WWE just gonna sit holding their dicks all week and let it keep happening

I think by this point its canon that the Performance Centre is the Wild West. I mean their car park alone must be the most dangerous piece of land on earth.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the depiction of Florida parking lots is the most realistic part of WWE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Croc posted:

I think by this point its canon that the Performance Centre is the Wild West. I mean their car park alone must be the most dangerous piece of land on earth.

The Full Sail car park is not the PC car park!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

My favorite part was that although a terrifying group in all black with masks and weapons are breaking into the show Cole takes the time to read out clearly (and badly) scripted lines like IS THAT RETRIBUTION?!?! and continuing to parrot Vince lines ruining any tension the event could have had instead of throwing off his headset and getting the gently caress out of there like what would happen in a real situation. Mix that with the awful drunk drone shake shots and bad production and it all just seems so cringey.

WWE physically can't stop themselves from over-scripting EVERYTHING lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1.956 million

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Almost 2 full months with under 2mil viewers

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How dare we give people money to support themselves and their families during a pandemic

Fightful posted:

We’re told that some of the coaches were frustrated that the trainees were getting paid in full to not train, and that some of them were opting out of the audience tapings as well.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://twitter.com/pmoneythebos/status/1291919133135831040?s=20

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

The winningest wrestler in Kent State history The Shooter Dolph Ziggler is forever burned in my memory

Kent State Fun Fact: There is a grilled cheese sandwich restaurant in the town's central business district that has a gimmick of naming each sandwich after prominent Kent State alumni and the Dolph Ziggler is potato and cheese pierogis, bacon, onions, sour cream and cheddar cheese. I remember it being fine.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Critical posted:

I like how the guy with the chainsaw gingerly touches each ring rope while the group encourages him.

I also like how that could have been done with bolt cutters or something instead of having a actual chainsaw around a bunch of people

I like how they broke out a chainsaw but you never actually saw it cutting a rope since the rope would have ricocheted back and killed someone. So instead we get terrible editing.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

karmicknight posted:

Kent State Fun Fact: There is a grilled cheese sandwich restaurant in the town's central business district that has a gimmick of naming each sandwich after prominent Kent State alumni and the Dolph Ziggler is potato and cheese pierogis, bacon, onions, sour cream and cheddar cheese. I remember it being fine.

who the hell looks at a grilled cheese and decides what it needs is more carbs

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Julio Cruz posted:

who the hell looks at a grilled cheese and decides what it needs is more carbs

It's a Connecticut Western Reserve tradition.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Who the hell looks at a grilled cheese and decides to make their decisions for them?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Who the hell

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Ohio

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://411mania.com/wrestling/judge-denies-wwes-motion-to-dismiss-saudi-arabia-lawsuit/

quote:

“Ultimately, none of defendants’ numerous arguments succeeds. Basically, this is because the complaint, while not a model of clarity, adequately alleges an overall claim of securities fraud that is not only plausible, but also complies with the relevant heightened pleading requirements applicable to this kind of action. While defendants have trotted out a virtual herd of objections to the (lawsuit), on close inspection, none is a winner.“

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

I like how they broke out a chainsaw but you never actually saw it cutting a rope since the rope would have ricocheted back and killed someone. So instead we get terrible editing.

You see it cutting ropes a few times.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That was the ropesaw

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i thought the ropes were steel cables

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i thought the ropes were steel cables

that was WCW, they used elevator cables wrapped in rubber

WWE uses legitimate ropes wrapped in tape

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember how Rhea losing to Charlotte was a key part of her storyline?

Rhea Ripley posted:

I feel like [the spotlight on me] diminished a little bit, but we all have to share the spotlight. I had my time to shine and it will come again, but right now Io is the NXT Women's Champion and I'm working my way back up to be in that spotlight again. Whether that comes or not, we'll see. I've got to try other things and face other people as well. I had my time and everyone is going to have their time and I'm just happy to be here and wrestling and kicking butt."

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Just happy to be here.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's funny but the NXT women's division is too good and too crowded. They should be able to go back and forth from NXT to Raw or Smackdown as needed. I mean, the brand split should just be done away with period, but Rhea would be a good opponent for Bayley. So maybe she's winning that match. Tegan would be another good choice. Or Io if she drops the belt to Dakota.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan just posted on The Board that the Dexter Lumis injury is real and he was told he was injured on the stupid flip spot to the outside that they had to retape.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

and people say they can't write good storylines

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MassRafTer posted:

lmao

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

MassRafTer posted:

So we can rule out that this particular terrorist is Dexter Lumis.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

I keep visualising a "ypu must be this tall to ride" sign next to him. Hes reaching up like he cant reach the top shelf so hard.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan just posted on The Board that the Dexter Lumis injury is real and he was told he was injured on the stupid flip spot to the outside that they had to retape.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1288653725200986112

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Dexter can draw funny pictures on his cast now.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

lol remember when Ricochet did this and it didn't suck poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Who?