Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
It's the worst encounter in DS3, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

By far yeah, the bites are really weird to dodge and any enemy that does damage just by touching you (his ribcage) that stuns you for his main attack always feels unbelievably lame and cheap. Easily the worst enemy design across all the games imo. I'v spent two hours beating two of them lmfao and pontiff only took me 1.5 hours in comparison but felt like it should be harder than two random enemies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The ds3 teleporting dogs lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

glad bloodborne let me get my revenge on the dogs by chikage-ing them off a cliff

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 30, 2020

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I'm pretty sure the covenant area with the two pontiff dogs was made by the same angry guy that did the Bloodborne shark well.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
*showing my .wad of two cyberdemons locked in a tiny room to fromsoft's HR department* Oh, this?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sivek posted:

I'm pretty sure the covenant area with the two pontiff dogs was made by the same angry guy that did the Bloodborne shark well.

Lol ya.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’ve loved an6 areas that feel like bb ones but enemies less so, or at least 5hose dogs. Feel like they’d be way better in bb it’s the gun and rallying.

loving around with the covenan5 now though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the wheel skeletons st*mp the c*cks because they are one of the few enemies that you cannot simply press awesome button [shield] and circle strafe [holding awesome button{awesome stick} up left or up right]

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

the wheel skeletons st*mp the c*cks because they are one of the few enemies that you cannot simply press awesome button [shield] and circle strafe [holding awesome button{awesome stick} up left or up right]

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

how angry I am at bosses until I win and admit it was a cool fight and quite fair actually!

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

how angry I am at bosses until I win and admit it was a cool fight and quite fair actually!

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

finally got the Moonlight Greatsword on a build that cn use it and it's epic. 100% worth building for. hits like a truck and has an amazing moveset. 100% worth going pure int for

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

playing dark souls iii for the first time and just beat boreal dancer. cool boss design + good music imo

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I can just about parry Champ Gundyr but I can never get the timing on Pontiff right and he is brutal on my sorcery run

at least I remembered to take the Dusk Crown off for his magic sword

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

amenbrotep posted:

playing dark souls iii for the first time and just beat boreal dancer. cool boss design + good music imo

Dancer is probably my favorite boss in the base game because of this. The sound effect for her footsteps is burned into my brain.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Apparently all the bosses in DS3 are synched up to the music so you associate the tempo of the music with the moves of the boss... up until Dancer where it's desynched and that throws you off

No idea if it's true or just cool sounding bullshit though

Also got Pontiff on the third try today, I like the Heysel Pick more than I thought I would

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
the music is definitely interactive, they have different parts for each phase. i first noticed when i spent longer than normal on the first phase of the dancer

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

soul of cinder done. little bit disappointing as a final boss tbh but cool seeing some of the early design approach that became more pronounced in sekiro with the different phases shifting pretty fluidly throughout.

dlc next and then maybe ng+ if i don't go back to redo sekiro

Panty Saluter posted:

the music is definitely interactive, they have different parts for each phase. i first noticed when i spent longer than normal on the first phase of the dancer

that's cool, i don't have a clear enough head to pay much attention to the boss theme music but the pace of boreal dancer really draws attention to it.

PONEYBOY fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 8, 2020

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Dlc is probably best part of dark souls 3. The bosses at least

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

a Loving Dog posted:

Dlc is probably best part of dark souls 3. The bosses at least

gael ftw..

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I had so much fun with the church covenant too...just wrecking noobs + 2 phantoms with my great mace

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The ice DLC is mostly just "there" but the boss fuckin owns. Ringed City is a bit daft because it's clearly just a Souls Greatest Hits but it's so good, and lmao at Earthern Peak being turned into a toilet swamp

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
painted world dlc has my favorite weapon, valorheart

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

I like the 2H sword that ignites with dark/fire damage

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

Sounds like a steampunk self published novel. Not for me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The ice DLC is mostly just "there" but the boss fuckin owns. Ringed City is a bit daft because it's clearly just a Souls Greatest Hits but it's so good, and lmao at Earthern Peak being turned into a toilet swamp

the big mislead and the final cutscrne in lapp's quest is fuckin great too

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the camera zooms out and it turns out The Hot Spicey Firey One is standing within a giant turd log atop a giant pair of pig testicles. miyazaki is truely a god

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

the big mislead and the final cutscrne in lapp's quest is fuckin great too
Honestly "and a fine dark soul to you" was the point where we were clearly into gently caress it territory and I loved and hated it in equal measure

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Honestly "and a fine dark soul to you" was the point where we were clearly into gently caress it territory and I loved and hated it in equal measure

lol yeah that was a little silly, meant more the whole quest making you think it was siegward and then patches booting you in the rear end one last time. that felt like a good sendoff

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fungah! posted:

lol yeah that was a little silly, meant more the whole quest making you think it was siegward and then patches booting you in the rear end one last time. that felt like a good sendoff

err.....it was clearly patches voice actor from his first line

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

i'm voice actor stupid and couldnt tell

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the let the feast begin dude was pretty cool. neat voice lines and design

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The best voice actor has gotta be the rat king from DS2

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

ashes of ariandel is really pretty so far + timing a roll and seeing a charging viking cosplayer careen off a cliff is ftw. sir vilhelm was a fun miniboss too, probably my favourite npc fight so far

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the slapstick bird village was really funny the first time around

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Maya Fey posted:

the slapstick bird village was really funny the first time around

the shinobi crow flying in out of nowhere and brutally spearing the shuffling line of bird people was a great moment.

beat friede :cool::cool::cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

scary ghost dog posted: