Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

In HoI4 do land-based naval bombers still destroy 2/3 of the world's navies?

yes. did an axis multiplayer game a little while ago and the reich player annihilated the UK's navy solely with bombers. easiest operation sealion

playing south africa now and the anti-colonialist crusader tree loving whips. the cape commune is coming for you, eurotrash :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

smarxist posted:

i save scummed the gun battle after losing it hard because I tried for a peaceful end but that's not possible so i reloaded and iced that one motherfucker to get the "best" outcome

What happens when you try any of the options in that fight, I saw that he was drunk and I immediately shot him, assuming that anything I tried would get him belligerent and more aggressive

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

You distract him enough to make rolls easier. But eventually even Empathy agrees there will be bloodshed.

You can also complete your tie's character arc with a sufficiently high Inland Empire.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

smarxist posted:

i save scummed the gun battle after losing it hard because I tried for a peaceful end but that's not possible so i reloaded and iced that one motherfucker to get the "best" outcome

Look @ this shameful post

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

quote:

The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel that was orange.
lmao perfect

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
playing halo 3 has made me want to activate the halos and wipe out all life, just to get back at everybody involved

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the level asset reuse is the most legendary i can ever imagine. that bridge part was mind blowing. the ai girlfriend, them not wanting to pay for VA on the last half of the game. loving lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
we need a pyschopass sort of scheme where people who liked halo 3 story are hunted down and killed for the good of society, they're sickos

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
imagine playing Halo and thinking "I want to read books based on this game to learn more about this universe"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoubleDonut posted:

imagine playing Halo and thinking "I want to read books based on this game to learn more about this universe"

I was a teenage boy too once and those books were fun. As a teenage boy.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

DoubleDonut posted:

i read the novelization of halo 1 and the chapter on "the library" is about as good as the level is to play

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i'll say one thing for halo. the remasters went a long way toward making the plot-relevant aliens into actual characters because they don't look like a third grader's pottery project anymore. it really helps in letting you actually pay attention to their meaningless rambling

DoubleDonut posted:

imagine playing halo 2 and not wanting someone to explain what the gently caress everyone is talking about. nowadays you could just wiki it if you really give a poo poo, but back then you had to read a tie-in book to understand anything about that game

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
When this happened the first time i was like alright this underground poo poo sort makes sense. Then it happened a second time and I was amazed, then it happened a third, a fourth, and a fifth lmao. It's the brazenness that gets me, there isn't even an attempt to hide it. It's breathtaking. The previous game reused assets but to simplify it by only having to use it once? It's just genius.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I dont remember which one it was but was watching a speed run marathon while super high and it was a halo game and I got really confused at what I was watching because it was like a solid 15 minutes of going from one identical room to the next over and over

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

l i t e r a l s c r i p

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I dont remember which one it was but was watching a speed run marathon while super high and it was a halo game and I got really confused at what I was watching because it was like a solid 15 minutes of going from one identical room to the next over and over

one of the greatest problems in the halo 2 is that there are segments where if you did a 180 inadvertently you wouldn't even know you were going the wrong way lol

time to download the 3 day pto dlc

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
halo is a very efficient litmus test to judge tastes in FPS. if they like halo you can safely ignore all their recommendations

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

time to download the 3 day pto dlc

you didn't work enough OT that's a 50dkp minus

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
My favorite part of Halo 3 was watching right at the beginning. It intros with the master chief dropping in from orbit and Sergeant Johnson finding him. He wakes up about almost shoots the Arbiter but Johnson holds him back and saves him. Right after this moment the cutscene ends and I, as the co-op player (arbiter), walked up to him and as the game gave me control and headshotted him. His hat was sent sailing as he let forth a death-rending scream and dropped to the floor, apparently dead. Shoulda quit right there tbh.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I got to mountain knot city and the way the missions get you to all the way around the mountain and then finally through and on top of it is genius, the more I play the more it puts a smile on my face

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Professorjuggalo posted:

I got to mountain knot city and the way the missions get you to all the way around the mountain and then finally through and on top of it is genius, the more I play the more it puts a smile on my face

I'm so jealous of all the people experiencing the game for the first time, I wish I could recreate that experience again so badly, it's an incredible amount of fun for something so weird and different

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Professorjuggalo posted:

yeah i've got an overly extensive network of ziplines going and now i'm trying to optimize it because its a very roundabout ineffectient ringy maze, but then i think the snowfall is going to disintegrate them anyways so maybe i won't worry about it. i've finally got all the roads built now

i went back to the starting area and 5-starred everything and then realized I missed 2 NPCs in that area, one of which gives you an harmonica. you mean i could have been playing this whole time singing an harmonica? loving kojima. also that BT route to the port is still tense as gently caress even with a bunch of gadgets.

still can't level up the first prepper and veteran porter much though and the collector is stuck at 4-star, gently caress those guys.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 243 days!

Mercrom posted:

you can find problematic readings of anything you dipshit. just dont actively try to find in a basically realistic story about saving people from one of the absolute worst crimes in history. complaining that the saviour is more privileged than the victim is the most cheap and inane leftist criticism you could possibly throw at something. save it for a future hollywood movie about well of white doctors saving covid patients, dont apply it to the loving holocaust

in band of brothers, the jewish guy ices captured german soldiers. life is beautiful is a comedy about a jewish dad and his son in the holocaust.

you can literally tell any story, there are a ton of stories, even limiting yourself to poo poo that actually happened, you can tell about WWII. the choice of what story to tell and how matters, and frankly acting like it's some vague mystical crap is just reactionary bs that dismisses basic literacy skills and paying more than superficial attention to culture as mystical woo.

like, in 2010 i might have tried to engage with you; now i'll just tell you to gently caress off and stop trying to pass off your ignorance of the subject as a virtue

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 10:51 on Aug 10, 2020

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

even tarantino had a story where the 'bear jew' wrecked nazis and literally eviscerated hitler. tarantino.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

it's not even my argument but "what, so you want oppressed minorities to just pull themselves up by their bootstraps, huh? obsessed with handouts like a liberal, huh???" is definitely one of the most objectively stupid responses to a white savior critique i've ever heard, regardless of whether the critique is valid or not
why. believing those things makes the argument that a story about saving vulnerable people is gross actually coherent. do you not believe there are people who believe those things

Hodgepodge posted:

in band of brothers, the jewish guy ices captured german soldiers. life is beautiful is a comedy about a jewish dad and his son in the holocaust.

you can literally tell any story, there are a ton of stories, even limiting yourself to poo poo that actually happened, you can tell about WWII. the choice of what story to tell and how matters, and frankly acting like it's some vague mystical crap is just reactionary bs that dismisses basic literacy skills and paying more than superficial attention to culture as mystical woo.

like, in 2010 i might have tried to engage with you; now i'll just tell you to gently caress off and stop trying to pass off your ignorance of the subject as a virtue

did you read my post

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Halo was out around the same time as Metroid Prime which I played first and I compared them due to aesthetic similarities and was so disappointed when I finally got around to Halo.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 243 days!

Mercrom posted:

did you read my post

yeah, it was almost bad enough for cspam. keep working at it.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Halo are fun, floaty shooters. I like any game that lets me jump 3x my characters height

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

lowgrav instagib ut 99

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

i will never forgive fortnite for killing the newest ut

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

yeah, it was almost bad enough for cspam. keep working at it.

ok so what is your point. theres nothing in your post that i can think to disagree with so i wonder why you posted it at me or why you posted it in this thread.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

dex_sda posted:

i will never forgive fortnite for killing the newest ut

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

dex_sda posted:

even tarantino had a story where the 'bear jew' wrecked nazis and literally eviscerated hitler. tarantino.

oh ok I guess the Jews who died in the holocaust just didn’t wreck enough nazis

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

BBJoey posted:

oh ok I guess the Jews who died in the holocaust just didn’t wreck enough nazis

Tbf this is the message of Django Unchained

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
hodgepodge im guessing you have a problem with my claim that "you can find problematic readings of anything" and i want to use the above two posts to defend that statement and to say that the primary component of a problematic reading is negative view of the authors intent or character

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

dex_sda posted:

i will never forgive fortnite

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

really starting to dread that chirp that means Die Hardman is about to explain something to me I already know.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

relish it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

really starting to dread that chirp that means Die Hardman is about to explain something to me I already know.

Sam, you'll need to put one foot in front of the other if you want to walk successfully.