Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

If you're 'okay' right now, you have brain damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/tomgauld/status/1292407532611407883

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Methanar posted:

I scheduled a big meeting with like 12 people on tuesday, or wednesday cant remember, to go over as a group my runbook of steps for how I'm going carry out a non trivial migration.

It's all scripted out with exact commands to be copy and pasted in order the day of the cutover. I've already ran it through with somebody else on my team - its a well-understood procedure even if its ridiculously widely scoped and potentially impacting.

Feeling a lot of dread for this meeting now. Didn't think much about it until just now when I looked at the clock and saw that its somehow 8pm on a sunday.

just make sure there will be a handful of people with a variety of specialties available should anything go wrong

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
made it to page 219 big dawgs

Methanar posted:

definitely no

mate wish we could hang out

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's the yospos page and I'm a yospos kinda guy

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
working from yospos

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
tested pos for yos

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
pos my yos rear end

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

this pos isn’t a pos.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
now done with one week out of six weeks of iso lockdown. luckily this week this guy has started visiting us and has been making poo poo okay:

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
my sister is still having her wedding in Miami in 2 months because she ‘wants to get it over with and all the venues are booked out for 2021 anyways’.

when I told her I was concerned about going because my GF has had on-and-off bronchitis and pneumonia for the last 6 months and would probably die if she got The COVID, the response was ‘no you come here and leave her home and quarantine when you get back this is important’.

Now I’m just gonna send a case of wine their way and just take the vacation time to go to like Big Sur.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jimmy Carter posted:

my sister is still having her wedding in Miami in 2 months because she ‘wants to get it over with and all the venues are booked out for 2021 anyways’.

when I told her I was concerned about going because my GF has had on-and-off bronchitis and pneumonia for the last 6 months and would probably die if she got The COVID, the response was ‘no you come here and leave her home and quarantine when you get back this is important’.

Now I’m just gonna send a case of wine their way and just take the vacation time to go to like Big Sur.

my sister delayed hers until late 2021

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Just got notice my buddies wedding is back on next week after getting indefinitely postponed.

Went from a big party with an awesome reception to just their parents and immediate family having the ceremony on his folks porch with everyone else having the option to watch via zoom.

I was really looking forward to going before the pandemic hit.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
There is no way good enough to spend time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAIZ36GI4p8

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Methanar posted:

There is no way good enough to spend time.

listen to this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pziWSPwsnzw

time is going to pass no matter what you do. you can choose to get something out of it or not. it's up to you

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 10, 2020

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
man I really do want a loving hair cut

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
learn to cut it yourself

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Achmed Jones posted:

it's the yospos page and I'm a yospos kinda guy

hell same!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
c wfh s: too tired to do poo poo today so imma post and maybe watch some youtubes idk

i'm ahead of my workload so vOv

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i'll probably end up working a 12 hour day tomorrow when i'm more awake and the fear grips me

broke brain can't pace myself oh well

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jimmy Carter posted:

‘no you come here and leave her home and quarantine when you get back this is important’.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Cold on a Cob posted:

i'll probably end up working a 12 hour day tomorrow when i'm more awake and the fear grips me

broke brain can't pace myself oh well

i learned yesterday that “taking the day off” and not flogging myself doing home improvement projects/house chores like i have for the past few months results in terrible anxiety come evening time along with an urgent compulsion to be productive.

:thumbsup:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

uncurable mlady posted:

man I really do want a loving hair cut

I #6ed my whole head, feels good man. I think I'll just keep doing the back and sides every couple weeks

as a bonus I learned that my skull is extremely round, looking very ready to fight some royalists

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cold on a Cob posted:

learn to cut it yourself

for real. i dug out my oddly still functional clippers from college and can do a passable standard mens cut with a decent taper to the sides now

not my dream skill to learn in 2020 but it made me feel better to have a way to look like 'myself' regularly again. id rather get a regular cut but its safe and convenient and if i make any mistakes i can always clip to a basic buzz

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

graph posted:

my cousins bride is demanding the wedding happen this week. sent out a 'you dont have to wear a mask if you dont want to :)' super cool

a wedding remains the largest known covid cluster in nz, with 98 positive cases traced to the one event

the father of the groom was in his 80s and was the fourth death of covid in the country

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
attend via one of those ipad segway things

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I haven't had a haircut in over a year.

I can't pull off long hair, my hair density is way too low.

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

Methanar posted:

I haven't had a haircut in over a year.

I can't pull off long hair, my hair density is way too low.

Sure you can!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
if your hair is thin just shave it imo

even if you've got a weird lumpy egghead you'll still look better

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I buzz my head and face with a #4

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

haveblue posted:

attend via one of those ipad segway things

do it and keep wheeling around saying 'wow its almost like im there' loudly

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

tell them to repeat the vows because there was some noise

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

haha, classic

haveblue posted:

don't watch any of the ones about industrial food production though

"the butter is now flavored with 30 pounds of salt"

what's wrong with that? salt's good.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I watched a how it's made about a bologna factory and it made me feel ill

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

yeah, if you understand how commercial meat is produced and not bothered by it, your brain is broken

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i was thinking i'd just let my hair keep growing out this year but i'm finding out that beyond a certain length (plus w/ the beard) i start to resemble my father and i am not liking it. bleh

probably going to have to just deal w/ it and run the clippers over my head.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i can tuck some behind my ears now and i'm enjoying it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i hate hate hate having hair longer than a few inches. feels bad and gross.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

idk, if i lived an a place that didn't somehow turn into southeast asia in the summer it might not bother me that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

now done with one week out of six weeks of iso lockdown. luckily this week this guy has started visiting us and has been making poo poo okay:

throwin shade on the neighbour's solar panels