Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

I like Halt and Catch Fire but I'm theyre in incredibly different leagues quality wise. It's nowhere near the best Lee Pace show either

I think part of it for me is the familiarity of the time period in HCF but I think it's every bit as stylish and artful as Mad Men is, and the HCF nails the sense of place just as well (especially through music). I do think that Mad Men takes a lot more risks in its writing though, and I respect that a lot. Pizza Haus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Comic Book Men

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I do like the feel of HCF quite a bit, I wouldn't mind giving it another watch through. Pizza haus.

Cavauro posted:

Comic Book Men

Ride with Norman Reedus

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

capsule babies in cars getting coffee

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sense8 is also a fantastic show and I still haven't taken the time to watch the big feature length finale because on a certain level I don't want to accept that it's over

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/tonyhawk/status/1290472128723087361

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I remember the first Olly I ever landed, one of three i’d ever do. That moment of flying through the air has never been recaptured for me in any drug, I get why talented people dive completely into skateboarding. I wish I was one of them.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

tv shows are too big a time commitment for me

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

yea ok posted:

tv shows are too big a time commitment for me

What do you do with your time mostly I ask because I am seeking new hobbies.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I had two job interviews before the weekend, it's Monday on the East Coast now so if I'm to hear back from one it's sometime this week for sure

I hate needing money but I would like to be making it again :x

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

same as every1 else on here probably really. watch movies and play games, but i also play instruments. i'm such a movie Freak cause i can get in and out of there in like 3 hours max unless i'm watching a truly jokerfied piece of work. and games are interactive so i don't mind if they're 60 hours. plus most tv shows end up sucking stinky by the end of them. i'd recommend "reading" as a hobby, but you won't catch me dead doing that

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

I had two job interviews before the weekend, it's Monday on the East Coast now so if I'm to hear back from one it's sometime this week for sure

I hate needing money but I would like to be making it again :x

good luck. the place i work for got acquired by a "growth-oriented private equity firm" last thursday so i expect to be unemployed very soon

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

What do you do with your time mostly I ask because I am seeking new hobbies.

Watch wrestling. Watch far too much wrestling

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
a good hobby to have is fishing. everyone should learn how to fish.

here are some reasons to make fishing your next hobby:

you can fish with your friends, or by yourself.
you can either drink beer while you fish, or you can smoke weed.
fishing is always outside, except when you are ice fishing in a shack.
you can eat the fish that you catch, or you can keep them in a suitably sized aquarium.
fishing has a lot of gear and varieties of techniques for you to obsess over and nerd out about.
you can either fish in the ocean, or in the freshwater. also: brackish.
there are over 36 different kinds of fish to catch.
sometimes you will fish up treasure instead of a fish.
sometimes you will fish up a magical fish that grants wishes.
sometimes you will fish up a mermaid.
you can pretend the fishing rod is your penis and make motions like you're "jacking off."
fishing is technically exercise, and you will burn calories, even when you're drinking beer or pretending the fishing rod is your penis.
you can make friends with Eastern Europeans and Asians.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

basketball is similar

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Seth Rollins please teach me how to fish, I'm already Eastern European if that helps.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’ve gone deep sea fishing like three times, am I a fisherman?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i told my friends i was going to sleep but in reality i watched the movie inland empire. goodnight.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Went to the workplace to look at some materials in advance and met a couple of colleagues. Everyone seems very nice. Also I got a nice brand spanking new teacher’s calendar/journal. Ain’t gonna lie despite the circumstances I’m getting excited and now I’m gonna go eat some really decadent sushi before my vacation is officially OVAH tomorrow

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea ok posted:

i told my friends i was going to sleep but in reality i watched the movie inland empire. goodnight.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

season 2 of umbrella academy sucked.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Brut posted:

Seth Rollins please teach me how to fish, I'm already Eastern European if that helps.

the secret to fishing, is patience. and to not ever use a baitcaster reel.

the best way to start fishing is to find a nearby pond or lake where people fish. if you are near the coast, it may be easier for you to find a small fishing pier. once you figure out what fish are around nearby, buy a small rod and a spinner reel and a beginner's tackle kit and some small live worms. most places have sunfish species that are easy to catch. you can even technically eat them. don't tell the guy at the bait shop you are fishing for sunnies though, he will not respect you. say you are going for bass or whatever nicer species is local. you can probably get your fishing license at the bait shop, if you need one.

if you enjoy catching sunnies, you can begin researching the next skill trees you wish to unlock and progress through. you can get into artificial lures, fly fishing, surf casting, carp fishing, or ice fishing, you can be a dork and learn how to throw a cast net, or become a sociopath who stalks fish underneath the waves with a pneumatic spear gun. these are only a few of the options available to you once you begin your adventure.

this is the only fishing knot i know how to do, it comes in handy:

there is a new outdoor forum on SA with a fishing thread, that thread has a lot of detailed information and i encourage everyone to read it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

yea ok posted:

This seems like a bad choice right before going to bed but I love this movie.

I watched a samurai movie called Crazy Samurai Musashi last night. It's about this badass samurai who fought against 500 dudes (588 to be exact) and it's all shot in a single 77-minute take. I liked it, but at times it felt like watching a Twitch stream of someone playing one of those Dynasty Warriors games. Still good though, and Tak is a pretty man who has seemingly not aged since he did Versus 20 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcFfeWCMCM8

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Seth Rollins posted:

the secret to fishing, is patience. and to not ever use a baitcaster reel.

the best way to start fishing is to find a nearby pond or lake where people fish. if you are near the coast, it may be easier for you to find a small fishing pier. once you figure out what fish are around nearby, buy a small rod and a spinner reel and a beginner's tackle kit and some small live worms. most places have sunfish species that are easy to catch. you can even technically eat them. don't tell the guy at the bait shop you are fishing for sunnies though, he will not respect you. say you are going for bass or whatever nicer species is local. you can probably get your fishing license at the bait shop, if you need one.

Will this cost me more or less than a Playstation 5? Also can how can I avoid catching Lyme disease from Pennsylvania nature?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

making my way through s1 of umbrella academy and it's really annoying in some parts with poor-ish conflicts & bad pacing. i keep on watching it though

the lethal weapon did a good job all things considered

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Aug 10, 2020

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I can't stop thinking about my friends who died at work from covid. I think I'm depressed

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

yea ok posted:

Hell yeah

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shard posted:

I can't stop thinking about my friends who died at work from covid. I think I'm depressed

That's not all that surprising. I'm sure any of us would feel the same Shard. You need to stay vigilant and stay safe.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

So weird story, when the mask came out in theaters I probably saw it three times, it was my favorite movie and I loved Jim Carey. I distinctly remember a scene that was not in the streaming version I watched today in which Peggy is brutally murdered by being thrown into a printing press, the newspapers then come out red with her blood I know this scene was in the theatrical version I saw, because it scared me really bad every time to the point where I’d look
away on subsequent trips to the movies to see it. I haven’t watched the movie since then until now and the scene wasn’t there at all.

Am I losing my mind?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

So weird story, when the mask came out in theaters I probably saw it three times, it was my favorite movie and I loved Jim Carey. I distinctly remember a scene that was not in the streaming version I watched today in which Peggy is brutally murdered by being thrown into a printing press, the newspapers then come out red with her blood I know this scene was in the theatrical version I saw, because it scared me really bad every time to the point where I’d look
away on subsequent trips to the movies to see it. I haven’t watched the movie since then until now and the scene wasn’t there at all.

Am I losing my mind?

https://youtu.be/ihAczwNny-w

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Am I losing my mind?
It's on Youtube

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

This is it, but it was definitely in whatever theatrical release I saw, I wonder how many movies from
the pre streaming era are this different from
their home video versions.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Eat My Fuc posted:

Am I losing my mind?

No you're right, it was cut for the final release. You can find it on YouTube.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/A8VqdhNnwdY

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I haven’t seen the mask since I was 11 or whatever age I was when it first came out, and I bet it’s extremely not as good as I remember so I’ll just keep it that way

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's good

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

It's not as good as Liar Liar. Way better than the movie where he fucks a grandma and then implies it was better than loving Zooey Deschanel. I think that one was Batman Forever.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought the mask was better than liar liar

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Thats the power of the movies babey, everyone can like different ones by different amounts. I personally think trying to say the pen is red and beating his own rear end in the bathroom is peak Carey, but the Cuban Pete number is good too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the faces and noises in liar liar...my god. how is it even possible?? cary elwes doing the claw too. fuckin yes.