Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Once the ink is dry for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Every week there's something to make you go "why is WWE doing this?"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

cody took the lashes and that was popular therefore let's have our theoretical biggest star mercilessly beat a large adult child on television

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pylons posted:

Is anyone expecting different?

:lmao: I ain't even expecting them to have Adam Cole win his own match he's been embarrassed in the whole feud of, and 1) that's a guy they claim to see a world of potential in, And 2) it's even HHH booking that one

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1292995594743681025
Lmao this is so so lame.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I want Seth v Dom to have the exact ending of Triple H v Booker

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did they kill off raw underground yet

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Ok this is literally TISM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHdpAVIHgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwI2NrVYqIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG4janHITY8

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

why did they throw a second block through the already broken window?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Because the other windows aren't sugar glass.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

WWE wishes it could be as good

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

terrifying

they've created the foot clan and think it's edge of your seat entertainment

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Seams posted:

WWE wishes it could be as good

We all do

I'm on the drug,
I'm on the drug,
I'm on the drug that killed River Phoenix.
I saw his body thrashing round.
I saw his pulse rate going down.
I saw him in convulsive throes.
I said "I'll have one of those."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

cody took the lashes and that was popular therefore let's have our theoretical biggest star mercilessly beat a large adult child on television

he's an adult.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
AEW vs WWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuJEeAVWG4o

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I know they haven't even begun to think of a payoff to this Retribution thing yet but the only possible way they could make a payoff even remotely worth it is if they use it to debut some new (to the main roster) talent, right?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Who the hell can they even debut that won't be hurt by associating with them? The Dark Order were a bunch of faceless dorks until Brodie Lee came in and gave the group its own direction and personality. They're not going to do that with Retribution because they'd have done so already, and whoever is the "leader" isn't going to have that much creative control!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

explosivo posted:

I know they haven't even begun to think of a payoff to this Retribution thing yet but the only possible way they could make a payoff even remotely worth it is if they use it to debut some new (to the main roster) talent, right?

i bring a prophecy from the future

*clears throat*

ahem

COULD IT BE?!?!?!?!!?!?!

IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Lid posted:

i bring a prophecy from the future

*clears throat*

ahem

COULD IT BE?!?!?!?!!?!?!

IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renee runs back down to commentary to yell WHOA!!!!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
John Cena your team of Stupid loving Idiots is needed now more than ever

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
"Now, Rey, if you don't sign a new contract, things could get even worse for Dominick."

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Critical posted:

terrifying

they've created the foot clan and think it's edge of your seat entertainment

This is unfair to the foot clan :colbert:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's Retribution Time!

A large masked man appears holding a caricature of Calvin peeing on a police department

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They needed help to get down off the car!

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1293010500784214016

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Seams posted:

John Cena your team of Stupid loving Idiots is needed now more than ever

Just checked and Jericho is the only Team of Stupid Idiots member no longer available so I now want this to happen.

edit: Just in time for their ten-year reunion too!

Seams fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 11, 2020

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pylons posted:

They needed help to get down off the car!

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1293010500784214016

dont show this to the president, he'll think vince is dead again

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

dont show this to the president, he'll think vince is dead again

our big wet boy is gonna fire off a tweet about vince once of these days

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Why is WWEtifa wrecking cars and windows, things that Austin did all the time in the 90's and countless faces have done since, a scary or radical act

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
kayfabe whenever they stop showing up i'm going to assume it was some petty infighting squabble about if they should engage in electoralism that caused an irreconcilable rift and they broke up

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

flashy_mcflash posted:

Why is WWEtifa wrecking cars and windows, things that Austin did all the time in the 90's and countless faces have done since, a scary or radical act

well Austin did it asn anti-authority boss-hating babyface, but this is an anti-authority boss-hating heel group who sow chaos for the sake of chaos! ANARCHIST NIHILIST COMMUNIST NAZIS!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Everything they do is so painfully uncool

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Much like my posting, monitor is off etc

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raw Results 8/10:

• Detailed results here
  • Raw starts with a contract signing between Seth Rollins and Dominick; Samoa Joe loses his job if he gets in a physical altercation. The contracts are signed, Dominick signs a second one making him an official superstar. Seth congratulates him on the job, and warns of what's next
  • Seth defeats Humberto Carrillo. Post-match Murphy immediately attacks Dominick, he and Seth take Dominick's kendo stick, grab another, and hit him at least 30 times, including with him stripped shirtless and tied up in the ropes (Seth hitting him in the chest, Murphy hitting him in the back). They finally stop after his :nms: chest and back :nms: are bruised and bloody. Seth attempts a curbstomp but Dominick passes out unable to stay in position
  • Angelo Dawkins defeats Andrade after an attempted distraction from Zelina Vega is foiled by Bianca Belair. Post-match Bianca tries to attack Zelina some more
  • Bianca defeats Zelina
  • MVP on the VIP Lounge brags about not being wrong about a conspiracy with the lights last week. Apollo Crews comes out with the new US title and brags about carrying it despite MVP paying a lot of money to have it made. Apollo accepts MVP's challenge for a rematch at Summerslam, decks MVP, then destroys a couch
  • Shelton Benjamin defeats Apollo after a distraction from Lashley. Post-match Lashley tries to put the full nelson on Apollo again; MVP stops him, saying he needs Apollo healthy so there's no excuses when he takes the US title. Apollo cheap-shots MVP and runs away
  • Footage plays from moments ago when Retribution the antifa group threw a cinder block through a glass window at the Performance Center
  • Mickie James is back and is interrupted by Natalya and Lana wearing a matching rainbow technicolor dreamcoat outfit because I have no other way of comprehending how to describe this.
  • Cedric Alexander, Ricochet and the Viking Raiders defeat Akira Tozawa and his ninjas, with the 24/7 title rules officially suspended. Post-match, with the 24/7 title rules officially unsuspended, one of the ninjas wins the 24/7 title via rolling up Tozawa, then unmasks to reveal it's R-Truth. Truth runs away
  • Peyton Royce defeats Liv Morgan; Billie Kay tries to distract the ref, Ruby Riott intervenes, but Liv is distracted by only seeing the ref and Ruby. Post-match Ruby tries to explain but Liv brushes her off
  • Shane McMahon is back with Raw Underground which is still a thing, where Riddick Moss barely defeats a scrub. Don't worry though, he had less trouble beating Mustafa Ali on Main Event last week
  • Asuka defeats Bayley in a match where if Asuka won, she'd get a rematch against Sasha Banks for the Raw women's title at Summerslam. The lights flicker numerous times during the match. Post-match Sasha chases Asuka out of the ring
  • Shane goes back to Raw Underground, where Arturo Ruas (signed since 2015, mostly been in either EVOLVE or NXT house shows; made his main roster debut on Main Event last week apparently) sqaushes a scrub. After a commercial break, Dabba-Kato, the guy who squashed three people in a row last week, KOs a dude after clawing his dick for thirty seconds. Shayna Baszler immediately steps up; Dabba leaves. Shayna drags in a woman from the audience and beats her up. Multiple other women try to stop her but each get squashed. They then try triple-teaming her but she still dominates
  • Camera cuts to the parking lot where Retribution the antifa group tipped over a car that's starting to smoke
  • Randy Orton defeats Kevin Owens. Post-match Orton yells at Flair for getting him into the match in the first place and being a liability. Flair gives an emotional speech about how much he loves Orton and how sorry he is; Orton hugs him, then lowblows him. The lights flicker repeatedly. Orton punts Flair as the lights go out. Drew McIntyre chases Orton out, and Raw ends as refs attend to Flair
  • GDT discussion here

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 11, 2020

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
The first and last half hours of the show were almost entirely about the humiliation and/or attempted murder of the youngest and oldest guy on the roster, and they wonder why people don't enjoy these shows.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

was it a good punt

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Chris James 2 posted:

:lmao: I ain't even expecting them to have Adam Cole win his own match he's been embarrassed in the whole feud of, and 1) that's a guy they claim to see a world of potential in, And 2) it's even HHH booking that one

Cole should win since he’s the more experienced wrestler and they are going to be wrestling but who knows with the WWE.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Asking the important questions

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
judging from the reduction in posts from last week to this week we can surmise raws rating might drop off a cliff into the ocean

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Everybody is posting in the secret WWE Raw Underground thread, Lid. Sorry nobody told you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

did they kill off raw underground yet

What was already dead may never die.