Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

sportsgenius86 posted:

They should let Hulk control the trophybot so he can finally find a podium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Serperoth posted:

Hulk has had plenty of drives (more than 180 starts) and managed to get zero podiums.
Here is a list of drivers with more podiums than Hulk: https://www.statsf1.com/en/statistiques/pilote/podium/nombre.aspx

Notable names: STROLL Lance, MONTEIRO TIAGO, PETROV Vitaly, GLOCK Timo, KVYAT Daniil, WURZ Alexander, BLUNDELL Mark

Tiago Monteiro’s podium was fortuitous, Stroll got fairly lucky, the rest are decent to good drivers.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

is there a chart with the #drives of all the other drivers with no podiums?

Edit: theres a table

SocksAndSandals fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 11, 2020

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SocksAndSandals posted:

is there a chart with the #drives of all the other drivers with no podiums?

https://www.statsf1.com/en/statistiques/pilote/gp/sans-podium.aspx

Powershift fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 11, 2020

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
get in there nico

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

What ever happened to Charles Pic?

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

i'm rooting for ocon on this one

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Hall of Shame

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Paul Di Resta had 59 starts?!?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

RIP the Palmers, father son team. They never Podiumed

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
For a comparison:
Podiums by Sutil's team mates: 1
Podiums by Hulkenberg's team mates: 4

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Some real stinkers in this list

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Jean-Éric Vergne won 2 Formula E championships, lol

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Griefor posted:

Jean-Éric Vergne won 2 Formula E championships, lol

Vettel won 4 F1 WDCs

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Max Chilton went on to go 66 races and counting without a podium in IndyCar, as well.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Frond posted:

Tiago Monteiro’s podium was fortuitous, Stroll got fairly lucky, the rest are decent to good drivers.

I'll give you Monteiro, that was an absolute freak incident. I wouldn't call Petrov a decent driver, and the rest don't really have shining records either. Let's see some others. MORENO Roberto, MORBIDELLI Gianni, GUGELMIN Mauricio, BRAMBILLA Vittorio, GIACOMELLI Bruno, SUZUKI Aguri, and PIQUET Nelsinho.

If, by the time that you've done 180 races, you haven't even lucked into a podium, a feat which has been managed in cars such as the Larousse (Lola) LC90 and the Scuderia Italia (Dallara) F191, maybe you're just not meant for it. There's only four drivers who have less than 1% podium finishes per race, and two of them are Sainz and KMag. If Hulk got a podium this season (say race start 180, for ease of numbers), he'd be at 0,55%, just about half of the illustrious Takuma Sato.

I wish Hulk no ill, but all the talk about him getting his podium is just rooting for the joke character rather than anything based on legitimate "skill" (by whatever definition). And I just love having a driver do 50% more races than the next one (Sutil) and still have 0 podiums.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Powershift posted:

Max Chilton went on to go 66 races and counting without a podium in IndyCar, as well.

I have a theory- it's a little outlandish but I'm not entirely convinced Max Chilton is a very good racing driver at all.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Special Mention: Marcus Eriksson having done nearly 100 races and never getting higher than 8th

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Serperoth posted:

If, by the time that you've done 180 races, you haven't even lucked into a podium, a feat which has been managed in cars such as the Larousse (Lola) LC90 and the Scuderia Italia (Dallara) F191, maybe you're just not meant for it.
Not saying Hulk is good or anything but there is zero point comparing his record to anything to do with early 90s cars aka the "2 cars finish on the lead lap and anyone left standing gets a podium" era.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

But enough about Khablams elders list

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Let’s remember some guys, F1 Edition

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I remember Fernando Alonso

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Sorry We Lost Sebastian Vettel the Neweymobile driver

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Serperoth posted:

I'll give you Monteiro, that was an absolute freak incident. I wouldn't call Petrov a decent driver, and the rest don't really have shining records either. Let's see some others. MORENO Roberto, MORBIDELLI Gianni, GUGELMIN Mauricio, BRAMBILLA Vittorio, GIACOMELLI Bruno, SUZUKI Aguri, and PIQUET Nelsinho.

If, by the time that you've done 180 races, you haven't even lucked into a podium, a feat which has been managed in cars such as the Larousse (Lola) LC90 and the Scuderia Italia (Dallara) F191, maybe you're just not meant for it. There's only four drivers who have less than 1% podium finishes per race, and two of them are Sainz and KMag. If Hulk got a podium this season (say race start 180, for ease of numbers), he'd be at 0,55%, just about half of the illustrious Takuma Sato.

I wish Hulk no ill, but all the talk about him getting his podium is just rooting for the joke character rather than anything based on legitimate "skill" (by whatever definition). And I just love having a driver do 50% more races than the next one (Sutil) and still have 0 podiums.

1. Roberto Moreno is a good driver that managed to qualify an Andrea Moda.
2. Morbidelli is a decent driver.
3. Gugelmin is also a decent driver. Plus 1989 had a ton of attrition.
4. Brambilla owns.
5. Giacomelli is also decent.
6. Aguri Suzuki was probably the best Japanese driver until Sato came on the scene.

The Lola LC90 was a good car, as was the F191.

Also, aside from like 1989 (and even then) it was extremely difficult to get a podium. You don’t “luck” into them. It also fails to take into account that prior to about the late 1990s attrition was a major factor - one that Hulkenberg hasn’t benefitted from.

I personally think he’s overrated.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bye bye Lil Sébastien

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
no respect for F1 race winner Vittorio Brambilla itt, mods??

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

regretfully noting the failure of binotto's quest to bully vettel into suicide

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

FAUXTON posted:

regretfully noting the failure of binotto's quest to bully vettel into suicide
Is there nothing Ferrari can't fail at?

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

there was a youtube compilation of funny Vettel moments and I can't possibly imagine any other driver having a similar video made

Carteret posted:

Dan is my favorite driver. He'd be my favorite even if he was dead last in every race.

Same.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

EYY YA GOTTA TRUSTA DA PROCESS

*gets informed draft picks aren't a thing in F1*

AHHH MI FAMIGLIAH SCUDERIA WE NOW DO IT FOR DA FIRE FLOWERS, DA SOUL OF ITALIA

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Roy Nissany is going to drive in FP1 in Spain for Williams, taking over Russel’s seat.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Minto Took posted:

What ever happened to Charles Pic?

He retired.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I tried to Google him but all I got was a bunch of photos of the Prince of Wales and Leclerc

Pacinamac
Jun 15, 2001
I CAN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO READ ANY FORUM SPECIFIC RULES BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE TOO MUCH TIME TAKEN AWAY FROM STICKING THINGS UP MY ASS
You know what I'd like to see?

A midseason swap between Ferrari and Yamaha.

Valentino Rossi at the scuderia for just one race. C'mon, get in there Valley.

Then Vettel could complete the final solution on a MotoGP bike. He and Schumi going out together.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Pacinamac posted:

You know what I'd like to see?

A midseason swap between Ferrari and Yamaha.

Valentino Rossi at the scuderia for just one race. C'mon, get in there Valley.

Then Vettel could complete the final solution on a MotoGP bike. He and Schumi going out together.

Interesting red text, dude :catstare:

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bye bye Lil Sébastien

You're 10,000 candles in the bin.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Stop writing weird fanfics about killing or putting drivers into vegetative states.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53735718

Say what you like about Putin, he knows how to make his people do Science way faster than everyone else!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The only F1 vegetable I care about is when Racing Point asked the FIA to "Lettuce keep using Mercede's brake ducts."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

NtotheTC posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53735718

Say what you like about Putin, he knows how to make his people do Science way faster than everyone else!

Ah the Microsoft windows approach to testing