Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

Ah good, another reason not to vote for him.

Vote for whoever you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Do most states not have ballot dropboxes for mail votes? In Oregon, that's where I always drop off my mail-in ballots. It seems like that would be the easiest solution if the USPS is getting hosed with.

Same with Colorado. They're usually by a library or DMV where it's relatively convenient to drop it off. Now I'm googling to see if they are operated by the post office.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
sucks that it wasnt duckworth or rice but whatever. it could be alot worse.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Certainly not excited about Top Cop, but its not like it changes anything about the fundamentals of this race. Ah well, let's see what happens.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I was waiting for the call but it never came. :smith:

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1293278705284939777?s=20

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Well thats a deeply uninspiring pick, but I guess that fits Joe Biden's entire campaign :geno:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery

TwoQuestions posted:

Why do you think this? There's no reason to believe Florida will count mail-in ballots from unfriendly counties, and they already have a history of making sure the right guy wins.

As far as the rest of the States go, there's enough Trump cultists to do whatever the President says to delay "Bad, Fraudulent votes!" on the 5th.

Predicting anything but the worst is dangerously naive.

There are 278 EC's in blue states or swing states with Dem governors and Secretaries of State, not including North Carolina (who would make it 293).

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Well I guess the one good outcome is that if they win, we can hopefully get a better senator

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
It was always going to be Kamala Harris. How many people tick the boxes of being a black or brown female and is a Senator or Governor?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Kamala Harris strolling on to the stage wearing her "That little girl was me" shirt.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Yep, there it is.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1293280411150217219

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"a fearless fighter for the little guy" way to twist the knife Joe lmao

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well, if literally nothing else you're gonna get a real banger VP debate between Harris and Mike Pence, so you can look forward that at least.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I think she will decimate Pence

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

Can we find this little guy, and get him to pick a new fighter?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
My very lib family is excited for Kamala, so whatever

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The cop got picked.

Welp, better set disappointment levels to "extreme".

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

Xombie posted:

There are 278 EC's in blue states or swing states with Dem governors and Secretaries of State, not including North Carolina (who would make it 293).

I was more referring to yohoos who are glued to Fox and OANN for 16 hours/day slashing tires and calling in bomb threats and the like.

His cult isn't enough to win on votes, but it can win in other ways.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

So when is Donny gonna spring a surprise press conference on us to try and steal the attention from Biden/Harris?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

refleks posted:

So when is Donny gonna spring a surprise press conference on us to try and steal the attention from Biden/Harris?

He’s going to ban Microsoft for trying to buy TikTok from China

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

At least Maya Rudolph is funnier than Alec Baldwin

Xombie
May 22, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

My very lib family is excited for Kamala, so whatever

No doubt this is what tipped her against Rice. Also Rice will probably just get some other position in the administration while Kamala gets sent to the WH voicemail from Naval Observatory.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

The Glumslinger posted:

Well thats a deeply uninspiring pick, but I guess that fits Joe Biden's entire campaign :geno:

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Donnie spends 10 minutes of the daily complaining rambling about how Kamala can't run because he just died.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
Is there any chance people have been holding onto hit pieces for Kamala until she got the nomination?

How can we expect any systemic change when the top cop is in office?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I think she will decimate Pence

Pretty much the only thing I'm interested in seeing is this. Think I might unplug from politics for a bit and check back in once this starts off because these threads are tenuously bearable on not big announcement days.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Willie Horton comin back in style.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

refleks posted:

Biden isn't doing a press conference today. Also, Trump doesn't really have that kind of pull over the media anymore. CNN and MSNBC doesn't cut to his press conferences until the Q&A, and there would be more viewership interest in the VP unveiling than the umpteenth Trump press conference - probably even on Fox.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Shrecknet posted:

At least Maya Rudolph is funnier than Alec Baldwin

This and seeing her eviscerate Pence in the debates are going to be my consolation.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/LOLGOP/status/1293283086717849606

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Oh Christ he literally picked a goddamned cop in the year of the Black Lives Matter movement.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nonsense posted:

Willie Horton comin back in style.

state violence against poor minorities is back, and it's woke now, awooo *dogs being unleashed on protesters sound*

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Xombie posted:

No doubt this is what tipped her against Rice. Also Rice will probably just get some other position in the administration while Kamala gets sent to the WH voicemail from Naval Observatory.

Rice hasn't run for anything before has she? Can't have someone on the ticket who may not be campaign ready.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

TwoQuestions posted:

I was more referring to yohoos who are glued to Fox and OANN for 16 hours/day slashing tires and calling in bomb threats and the like.

His cult isn't enough to win on votes, but it can win in other ways.

Ok? I'm not really concerned with your vague personal wildest fantasies.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

TyrantWD posted:

It was always going to be Kamala Harris. How many people tick the boxes of being a black or brown female and is a Senator or Governor?

Seriously, this was obvious since the moment Biden took the lead. I'm fine with it.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Dunite posted:

Is there any chance people have been holding onto hit pieces for Kamala until she got the nomination?

How can we expect any systemic change when the top cop is in office?

Vice President is an office that only has as much power as the President deems to give them. I don't think there's any reason to believe that Biden will defer to Harris on anything.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
Quick you loving nerds, tell me why this is bad

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

I was hoping it would be Rice and not KamaCop but I'm also not surprised. Oh well no one will care in 24 hours when Trump burps up a racial slur at a reporter again and announces his entire staff will take the Russian Vaccine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Cervix-A-Lot posted:

Quick you loving nerds, tell me why this is bad

It's good and you should try and get rich.