Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Okay, coaches challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Is it just me or were both of those blue line passes offsides

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

refreshed too soon and this post spoiled it for me

oh well

amazing game

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Lightning are going crazy. They have finally done it. They have won a playoff game

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Do it again in 2 more days!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Boo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

It took the Bolts 6 1/2 games to beat the CBJ in 5.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Stretch Marx posted:

lol This game.

What a way to end.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

mono posted:

They looked like it to me

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

mono posted:

No one gives a poo poo at this point, the refs did not bother calling any penalty until they were absolutely forced, whomst care

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
It's me, I'm the guy who just now turned on the game ready to enjoy chaos overtime. :(

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Covid cup hockey rules, lets not find a cure for next year too.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

taking the overtime loser point into account, Columbus leads the series 5-2

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mono posted:

the second one looked real loving close

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Series should be 2-0

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
"we now take you back live to the arena, where a successful coach's challenge from John Tortorella means this one isn't over yet!!!!"

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Let that show you that no one can stop 89 shots on goal from the tampa bay lightning.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

mono posted:

Just went back and looked. I don't think so.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Korpisalo deserves better :(

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

rip

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chad Sexington posted:

Just went back and looked. I don't think so.

CBJ is pretty on the money with that stuff upstairs. If it was close, they would’ve challenged

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Wonderllama posted:

Let that show you that no one can stop 89 shots on goal from the tampa bay lightning.

It really was a Tampa shooting gallery for like 60 minutes

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
I knew I shoulda made that "someone will make 60+ saves, win the game, but lose star of the game to the other team's goalie" prop bet.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I thought that puck just crossed the blue line and was thinking Tampa will score now and it'll be called back for offsides. Disappointed.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

CBJ is pretty on the money with that stuff upstairs. If it was close, they would’ve challenged

this, but also EVERY goal is immediately reviewed in the playoffs. There is no way it stands if there was actually something wrong.

antiga
Jan 16, 2013

Nice celebration to not getting swept

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Milli posted:

Korpisalo deserves better :(

I so badly wanted CBJ to win this game, but holy poo poo that man couldn’t possibly have done more.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I only picked it up in like 4OT but from what I watched, Tampa seemed pretty much totally in control of that.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Honestly if there's a team that can say "okay all of that and we're down just 1-0 in the series," it's probably this specific Torts team. Tough loss but it could just as easily mean nothing in the end

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Oh well. At least hockey's over for tonight.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
They should call it back, just on principle. That would be the funniest outcome. "You thought you got to go home now. You were wrong."

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Its only 9:30 the ice is fine just put Boston and Carolina out there and hope for 5 more overtimes.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

They should call it back, just on principle. That would be the funniest outcome. "You thought you got to go home now. You were wrong."

Drag the players back onto the ice kicking and screaming and make them keep going

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I was going to run some errands. Welp.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

i am the bird posted:

Honestly if there's a team that can say "okay all of that and we're down just 1-0 in the series," it's probably this specific Torts team. Tough loss but it could just as easily mean nothing in the end

We just came back from being shut-out then reverse swept to beat the Leafs, there is no way Torts doesnt use this to rally the troops.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
CBJ staff and players all drink the cleanest tasting filtered water. I'm sure they will be fine.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
It was an uncalled penalty.

:geno:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I'm looking forward to either leaving work early tomorrow or streaming the game and locking the door to my office.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Seth Jones looks pissed and tired and has to answer questions about Gatorade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Lmao seth Jones botching at refs