Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Aphrodite posted:

1OT - hell yeah bonus hockey
first half of 2OT - this rules
second half of 2OT - okay nobody can move anymore this kind of sucks
3OT - please just end this
4OT - there has been 2 SOGs since Sunday this is the worst
5OT - hell yeah bonus hockey

5OT - hell yeah we ruined the bruins game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wonderllama posted:

5OT - hell yeah we ruined the bruins game

It's important to focus on the positive things in life.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

The last decade of Dallas ruining/losing its prospects has been impressive, but this may hurt the worst:

https://twitter.com/Bischoff_Tyler/status/1293410749218357248

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/Canes/status/1293544747580231680

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

Wait, that's not the parody account? That has to be the parody account.

I had to check elsewhere on the web to find sources for confirmation since he’s not verified for some reason.

I assume it’s because he’s so bad the NBC social media people don’t want to vouch for him.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I think Milbury understands trolling.

It's one of like two things he actually understands, sure, but I think he knows that one.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Good morning

https://twitter.com/delcodelphia/status/1293532695083929601?s=21

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Vancouver Canucks are participating in a playoff game today. Didn't think I'd be typing those words anytime soon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Milbury was saying the same thing during the broadcast.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao throwing in the "MONTREAL TYPICAL!" clip at the end was great

EDIT
Wysh has a pretty cool article up about the soundboard operation making the crowd noise and everything

DJExile fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 12, 2020

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1293557919364132874

e: wrong thread but w/e

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We about to see the first team burn it all the ground in the offseason? Couldn’t have happened to a better team.

:allears:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

DOOMocrat posted:

I think Milbury understands trolling.

It's one of like two things he actually understands, sure, but I think he knows that one.

When the crux of the troll is "look at how stupid and wrong I am" it kind of falls flat when coming from someone who is very stupid and always wrong.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

We about to see the first team burn it all the ground in the offseason? Couldn’t have happened to a better team.

:allears:

The pens still have a very good core. Their issue was very much coaching and defensive depth.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I think you don't fire EVERY assistant when you have a top half PP and a top half PK. The main albatross here is named Jack and it's nobody's fault but the guy that signed the deal.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

DOOMocrat posted:

I think you don't fire EVERY assistant when you have a top half PP and a top half PK. The main albatross here is named Jack and it's nobody's fault but the guy that signed the deal.

What's the gm going to do, admit he's a moron that signed one of the worst contract in the league, or blame some lackeys and move on?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Preferably die or retire, but I know I'm asking a lot.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
They should buy JJ out or bury him in the minors, but the Pens have historically been unwilling to do that with bad players. JJ is an anchor though and they'd be better off with dead cap space than having him on the roster. He's that bad.

That said, I don't mind these coaching changes. They haven't looked right the past few playoff series and I'm fine with them shaking up the coaching staff (while keeping Sullivan, who is a very good coach) to see if that changes anything.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I'm not sure the remedy is firing one of the best defensive development coaches for one player in the league, though. The sore thumb's just going to stick out more.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Have you all 85 saves in an NHL game:

https://twitter.com/JacketsInsider/status/1293576748077129728

MJeff posted:

I dunno, I'd kinda like to see how long 3v3 OT can go in the playoffs.

3 on 3 with a bunch of dead players skating through mud would be a thing. I'd love to hear Gord Miller say "Long lead pass and it's a 2-on-0 the other way!"

(15 minutes later) "aaaaand he whistles it wide!"

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 12, 2020

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I wonder if after a game like that, do you hate the other team more or less. At some point you have to start identifying with the other guys dogging it around their end super tired just like you are.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Scaramouche posted:

I wonder if after a game like that, do you hate the other team more or less. At some point you have to start identifying with the other guys dogging it around their end super tired just like you are.

I could see hate coming in if it was a chippy game but it didn't seem to be. Columbus was the 2nd least penalized team in the league this year. Yanni Gorde was being a bit of a dick in game 1 but there wasn't a lot of chippy stuff overall.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I'm pretty sure anyone who was on TB last year already hates Columbus.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Firing every assistant coach at the end of the season is basically just saying “the head coach will be fired sometime next year” and I don’t understand why NHL GMs don’t just do what they want in the first place.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Firing every assistant coach at the end of the season is basically just saying “the head coach will be fired sometime next year” and I don’t understand why NHL GMs don’t just do what they want in the first place.

Sullivan just got a contract extension I think last year and JR has been pretty huge in his praise of him.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

DJExile posted:

Sullivan just got a contract extension I think last year and JR has been pretty huge in his praise of him.

I mean, no GM will ever publicly criticize their coach. Sunk cost probably plays a large part of it but it’s pretty clear what the message is when you fire all the special teams guys when those things weren’t actually issues.

The Leafs have done this exact thing twice in recent memory and both times they would have been better off just firing the head coach when they wanted to.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Koopa Kid posted:

Sullivan is a good coach so I don't have a problem with giving him another shot at turning things around.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Nothing says "I'm responding to the fans cries for change but I don't want to do anything meaningful" quite like firing the assistant coaches.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Sullivan is a good coach so I don't have a problem with giving him another shot at turning things around.

I'm not saying Sullivan needs to go. But publicly signalling that your team underperformed because of coaching and then firing everyone else but the person ultimately responsible is a pretty clear message of what the GM thinks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Excuse me this is the playoffs thread, not the loser birds thread.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

I'm so hype

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
https://twitter.com/SaraCivian/status/1293639400115572737?s=20

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

That call was such blatant bullshit. Of course it's the Bruins.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Good call, the puck was knocked out of the glove by a Canes player.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

About that

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1293672103250735105?s=21

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 12, 2020

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Well that was a wet loving fart of a 3rd period. Hope Nicky is okay :smith:

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Caps got 7 power plays and the isles still out shot them and won, neat

Would be nice to not give them 7 power plays a game going forward though because that would be a pretty hard series to win

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Holtby blew it on two goals and the rest of the Caps were rear end except Oshi. When Nick went out everything got hosed up. A lot has been said about Coach Reirden, he couldn’t rally them at all. Ovechkin looked lost.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Good to see that Ovi's controller still has disconnection issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Well the Caps sure blew that