Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Tilt is real when their Shivarra clears your board and doesn't touch theirs to give them the win. Goddammit, this was a great Arena deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
You know with all the shenanigans every class can get up to now, the galakrond rogue nerf just feels like a personal insult.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Beasteh posted:

here's the best demon hunter list i've seen so far, orange was winning 100% of the games he played with it

### Aggro
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Battlefiend
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 2x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
# 2x (1) Demon Companion
# 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Mana Burn
# 2x (1) Twin Slice
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
# 2x (2) Umberwing
# 2x (2) Voracious Reader
# 1x (4) Altruis the Outcast
# 1x (4) Kayn Sunfury
# 1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 1x (4) Marrowslicer
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
#
AAECAZvoAwTMugPaxgPRzQP21gMN/acD+a4Di7oD4LwDusYD2cYD98gD8skD3MwD+84DgtADxtEDi9UDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

it turns out that disruption and a low curve get you there

not if your opponent guardian animals on turn 2 :(

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
That Big Warrior deck is something!!! Think it'll be Tier 1?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mayveena posted:

That Big Warrior deck is something!!! Think it'll be Tier 1?

Probably 3 tbh. Folds too hard to aggro and doesn't outvalue control, it's pretty much highroll or bust.

Anyways my advice if you want to get casting:

Network whenever possible
Advertise the hell out of yourself. Be utterly shameless about it, tell people to like and subscribe and all that poo poo.
Put out regular content

Some stuff will depend on if you want to do live streamed games or put up stuff on youtube. Like if you're new and doing live streams, prepare backup conversational topics to avoid too much dead air. You don't want to be talking 100% of the time but you don't want to go a minute without talking even if the guy you're casting for is just roping, because that's time for someone to tune in, decide you're boring, and leave. It's less of an issue for putting up videos though, where you'll mostly want to hook people in at the start since most people are going to start at the start.

If you are doing youtube videos, don't spend too much time mucking around in intros. Videos with intros at the start always have lower viewer retention than ones without, even if they're only a few seconds.

I don't think being black will make much of a difference, with the average person not much caring, but the loudmouths will be extra loud so you'll need thick skin and some people you can trust to mod if you do live casting, but if you knew anything I've said you probably knew that.

I never made it (or tried to get into) the big leagues for streaming, but when I did making sure I did that religiously was what got me a modest following I was happy with.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Big Demon Hunter is not "good" or particularly "effective", but there is something so god drat satisfying about coining out a Mage Hunter on turn 2 against a Paladin who opened Aldor/Libram/Libram

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Chalk up another goon legend to war crimes priest this month. I also earned my King Anduin portrait somewhere in my games between rank 2 and legend.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Devo posted:

Big Demon Hunter is not "good" or particularly "effective", but there is something so god drat satisfying about coining out a Mage Hunter on turn 2 against a Paladin who opened Aldor/Libram/Libram

Also curving a felscreamer into a priestess on turn 5. It feels fantastic. I want big demon hunter to be good so badly :(

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

ran into a druid tonight who did the whatever song and dance bullshit to get themselves up to 7 mana so they could do the two beasts with rush play.

...but the beasts never came.

opponent sat there for a good 15 seconds i'm assuming in stunned embarrassment before they conceded.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I may regret it later but drat Doctor Krastinov is great with Self-Sharpening Sword.

NURSE! CLEAVER!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

minor update: I like Manafeeder Panthara because it gives you the option to not draw a card if you're trying to combo a big Altruis, while give more midgame gas if needed.

So this is the non-disruptive version of the deck, which is all board control/face damage:

### Polkelt Tempo
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Battlefiend
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 2x (1) Demon Companion
# 2x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Twin Slice
# 2x (2) Bonechewer Brawler
# 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
# 2x (2) Umberwing
# 2x (2) Voracious Reader
# 1x (3) Ace Hunter Kreen
# 1x (4) Altruis the Outcast
# 1x (4) Kayn Sunfury
# 1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 1x (4) Marrowslicer
# 1x (5) Glaivebound Adept
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
#
AAECAea5AwbMugPaxgP+yAPRzQPj1AP21gMM/acD+a4Di7oD4LwD174D3r4D2cYD98gD3MwD+84DgtADxtEDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
I am so happy that my war crimes priest grew up to be a dream, and not just a meme.

In other news, I've been loving around with terrible decks in Legend now (lost 1k rank!) and have moved on to this beauty, which has actually been not terrible:

### No Minions
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 1x (1) Evocation
# 2x (1) Font of Power
# 2x (1) Learn Draconic
# 2x (1) Magic Trick
# 1x (1) Primordial Studies
# 2x (1) Ray of Frost
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (3) Flame Ward
# 2x (3) Frost Nova
# 1x (3) Ice Barrier
# 2x (5) Apexis Blast
# 2x (6) Blizzard
# 1x (8) Deep Freeze
# 1x (8) Power of Creation
# 1x (10) Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron
# 1x (10) The Amazing Reno
#
AAECAf0ECu0EoJsDwqEDv6QDjLYDxbgD3sQD4MwDj84Dzc4DCskDqwTLBJYFn5sD/50D8a8DwbgDjLkDgb8DAA==
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Seems like it's actually pretty solid. My bet is that it's a worse Mage deck than the Highlander and value/control hybrids out there, but better than the terrible combo attempts and pure spell damage trash. If I owned Combustion I'd probably try to get at least one copy in there, probably over the Flame Ward or even the second Incanter's Flow.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Anyone know if there is a website that has updated voice files for all the cards? It seems like every rotation one site goes down/stops updating and another (maybe) pops up.

ElectronicOldMen
Jun 18, 2018
Just went under rank 1000 in legend for the first time in my hearthstone career.

So far the only thing that gives me the occasional bit of grief is when a pure paladin manages to outvalue me, or when a rogue with that new 3 mana weapon just starts going to town. Probably need to swap in some weapon removal, perhaps for one of the Shadow Word:Pains?

Luckily though my last 4 opponents have been big druid and I have a roughly 70% win rate vs them.

### Custom Priest2
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lazul's Scheme
# 1x (0) Silence
# 2x (1) Disciple of Galakrond
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 1x (2) Mindrender Illucia
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Breath of the Infinite
# 1x (3) Shadow Madness
# 2x (4) Cabal Acolyte
# 2x (4) Wretched Tutor
# 1x (5) Convincing Infiltrator
# 2x (5) Time Rip
# 2x (6) Cabal Shadow Priest
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unspeakable
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
#
AAECAa0GCNwBpQmClAPjtAOvugPIvgPIwAP70QMLkALXCrCRA9qsA/KsA82vA5O6A5u6A5zNA8vNA+PRAwA=
#

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
I think I beat hearthstone today. Got lethal with an 11/5 enraged chicken. First day of school is great.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Too Many Birds posted:

ran into a druid tonight who did the whatever song and dance bullshit to get themselves up to 7 mana so they could do the two beasts with rush play.

...but the beasts never came.

opponent sat there for a good 15 seconds i'm assuming in stunned embarrassment before they conceded.

Either forgot the beasts or played Embiggen to push their cost over 5, making them ineligible to be summoned.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
literally hadn't caught that guardian animals was dualclass until I just ran into a hunter using it

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

peer posted:

literally hadn't caught that guardian animals was dualclass until I just ran into a hunter using it

Yeah Twilight Runner+Lightning Bloom is why that's played in Druid. It's not quite good enough without those. I guess a Hunter could run it with Teacher's Pet and Lake Thresher.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Good or not, Glide as predicted is dumb as gently caress. It’s always +draw for them, -draw for you, and it fucks up anything you were holding in favour of Pachinko. What a dumb loving thing that is.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Played 5 games today so far, every single time vs Paladin. Nice meta...

Edit: 6 in a row, jesus

Flayer fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Aug 12, 2020

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Flayer posted:

Played 5 games today so far, every single time vs Paladin. Nice meta...

Edit: 6 in a row, jesus

It's a pretty braindead deck to pilot and doesnt rely on a ton of legendaries, so I see why its played so much.

Sure would be cool if they didnt automatically start with first day of school in their opening hands though.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

That 1/3 libram discounter is the new northshire cleric. I've never seen an opponent not have it in their opening hand.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

First day of school needs to be 1 mana.
Libram of Wisdom needs to be 3 mana.

I think those two nerfs would be Enough.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

If rogues can't have 0 mana draws then librams should have a 1 mana floor.

SAVE-LISP-AND-DIE
Nov 4, 2010
I'm really enjoying the self-damage Warlock deck. It's like playing Nomi priest but with health instead of your remaining deck. Does this style of deck have a name in card game lingo?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
how badly (or not at all) would it gently caress up the game if they introduced a blanket rule that says "any card with a mana cost above 0 cannot be discounted to 0 mana"?

of the top of my head it would completely end OTK Mage, really hurt Libram Paladin, make Druids a bit more vulnerable to aggro if they can't play Anubisath for 0, and stop Wand being the pick 99% of the time in Gala Rogue

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Either of those nerfs would be fine, I think. It would probably be better to have it so Librams couldn’t be reduced to 0. Definitely put first day of school to 1 mana, though.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Nerf predictions:

Raise Dead 1 mana

Sorcerer’s Apprentice effect can’t stack with itself

Secret Passage to 4 cards

Argent Braggart to 3 mana

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

how badly (or not at all) would it gently caress up the game if they introduced a blanket rule that says "any card with a mana cost above 0 cannot be discounted to 0 mana"?

of the top of my head it would completely end OTK Mage, really hurt Libram Paladin, make Druids a bit more vulnerable to aggro if they can't play Anubisath for 0, and stop Wand being the pick 99% of the time in Gala Rogue

If HS had a public test server, it'd probably be worth testing at the least. Think it's something that's crossed the Devs minds though with the Echo + Galakrond changes, so it might be something we see in say a year or two's time.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Nerf predictions:

If this happened, think they'd also hit Radiant Elemental?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
How the gently caress did potion of illusion get printed? Having that deck go off sure is fun, you get to sit there for a thousand turns and cant play anything, good job HS team.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Blooming Brilliant posted:

If this happened, think they'd also hit Radiant Elemental?

I don’t see why not, if only for consistency’s sake

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'm sure they would, except it would be nowhere near as impactful a nerf since the only potential Priest spell OTK would be a terrible Mind Blast deck in Wild

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Spell Damage Shaman is probably one of the most fun decks I've played in a while, but just isn't quite there.

You either play the version that vomits your hand and hope you draw Voracious Reader or you play the infinitely more fun version with bigger top-ends and hope you draw really, really well.

Semper Fudge fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 12, 2020

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, Reno Priest doesn’t really need the discount, and Rez/Big priest doesn’t want it clogging up their Rez pool.

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Paladin was trash tier for a long long time and is now merely very good. I can see nerfing braggart to 3 mana but a nerf to wisdom or first day of school is overkill this early in the expansion. It's not oppressive by any means and a zero mana spell in paladin is not comparable to the nonsense that rogue was/is capable of.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Soiled Meat

adamarama posted:

Paladin was trash tier for a long long time and is now merely very good. I can see nerfing braggart to 3 mana but a nerf to wisdom or first day of school is overkill this early in the expansion. It's not oppressive by any means and a zero mana spell in paladin is not comparable to the nonsense that rogue was/is capable of.

Wisdom isn't the back breaker in Paladin. It's that Power of Authority dropping on 5 Mana and reduced costed 8/8 divine shield heal right after that.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

KirbyKhan posted:

Wisdom isn't the back breaker in Paladin. It's that Power of Authority dropping on 5 Mana and reduced costed 8/8 divine shield heal right after that.

Most lists have taken out one or both authorities

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
I just put together a budget-ish version of the Guardian Druid deck and lost like 7 or 8 in a row. Maybe I'm unlucky or maybe the deck just doesn't function without the cards I don't have (Gidra, Ysera Unleashed, Anubisath Defenders) or maybe slower decks just aren't for me.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

been playing galakrond priest for fun the last couple of days on standard ladder and holy poo poo the number of "Your opponent has left the game" messages makes me irrationally happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Nerf predictions:

Raise Dead 1 mana

Secret Passage to 4 cards

Argent Braggart to 3 mana

That tortollan dude probably needs to be changed to expend the spell.