Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Warcry would be AMAZING on Baruuk, if not for the fact that Baruuk dumpsters duration as a rule. 13% duration is no bueno for that one, same deal for Roar.

If Eternal War refreshes the duration based off the waves (not just the fisticuffs) from Baruuk's 4, you might be able to make that workable, sacrificing strength (and thus gaining some duration) for insane attack speed... but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

A good alternative would be Hildy's Pillage. Baruuk already stacks strength in order to lower duration, and he doesn't explicitly NEED Blazing Pillage to make it work (although that mod is amazing). My Hildryn's build has 84% armor/shield reduction from Pillage. Anything close to that on Baruuk would be absolutely loving ridiculous.

The primary concern would be energy, but there's pizzas for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
I'm thinking Pillage or Condemn to replace Baruuk 1. Pillage gains range based on duration like nova 4, but the base range + what you get from stretch and augur reach could be good enough since it's blocked by LoS anyways. The augment would be useless because it requires Haven active to work.

Low duration cuts off Condemn's CC but it still makes shields fine. It's more spammable than Pillage and doesn't need armor or shields on the enemy to work. Either way the overshield generation will skyrocket Baruuk's already laughably high eHP.

I don't see the Warcry appeal since I run Berserker, Primed Fury, Arcane Strike already. I'd go for the helminth speed + parkour buff in an instant if duration wasn't an issue.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Gonkish posted:

Warcry would be AMAZING on Baruuk, if not for the fact that Baruuk dumpsters duration as a rule. 13% duration is no bueno for that one, same deal for Roar.

If Eternal War refreshes the duration based off the waves (not just the fisticuffs) from Baruuk's 4, you might be able to make that workable, sacrificing strength (and thus gaining some duration) for insane attack speed... but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

A good alternative would be Hildy's Pillage. Baruuk already stacks strength in order to lower duration, and he doesn't explicitly NEED Blazing Pillage to make it work (although that mod is amazing). My Hildryn's build has 84% armor/shield reduction from Pillage. Anything close to that on Baruuk would be absolutely loving ridiculous.

The primary concern would be energy, but there's pizzas for that.

Yeah, Pillage and Larva could work with Baruuk. Pillage because it plus Stretch already covers a decent chunk of the room, and enemy defences get succ'd into you very quickly. Plus you have very high Strength. Larva because it can work with very low duration to reposition enemies to you. Fire Blast could also work.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Problem with Pillage is that only it's initial range is affected by Range, it's expansion is by Duration.
With unmodified stats, it's 8m initial range and then expanding 20 m/s over 2s so depending on how much Range you are stacking, you are looking at something like 15-20m bubble. Not worthless but fairly situational at that point.

I would personally suggest Larva or Blood Altar if you want to smack dudes, Larva for grouping everyone up and Blood Altar for mobility.
If you really want armor strip, Fire Blast is probably the best choice, it's only 50% (plus Heat proc) but it also doesn't require augment to work.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Personally, I'm really excited for Wisp's Breach Surge being a thing I can put on other frames.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I never got much use out of Breach Surge. Is that a flat damage multiplier?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Take a look.

She felt really snug doing Steel Path Defence and It really helped with the x2 damage for sparks, plus the stealth damage bonus for the enemies who are blinded, plus all of the disruption thanks to the rad procs.

Note that I do not play optimally and just use what I find fun.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Aug 13, 2020

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

genericnick posted:

I never got much use out of Breach Surge. Is that a flat damage multiplier?

The sparks do multiplied damage, but it's not a damage buff in the same way as Roar or Eclipse, if that's what you're wondering.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Could I replace wukongs 4 with firewalker and double up the firewalk with my twin? Not that its probably that good or anything, but :toot:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The real bonus of Breach Surge is it gives you a massive stun plus stealth damage multipliers.

It's kind of strange, a typical Wisp build isn't good for her Breach Surge skill. She wants very high strength: not that great for Breach Surge, as strength only affect the damage of the sparks released after you hit the enemy. She wants high duration: little benefit to BS. She de-prioritizes efficiency, which reduces her ability to cast BS. And she often runs low or even negative range, which reduces the BS area.

The only thing that benefits BS in Wisp's kit is that it has a ton of weird little interactions that result in increases to BS coverage. But deracinate BS from Wisp? Put it on a frame with high range and better efficiency? Well, that skill just got a whole lot better!

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Breach Surge has it's range doubled for free when cast on a mote. Skip narrow minded and run a single ranged mod and breach hits an entire room. Narrow minded is excessive anyways. The only downside of the ability is it requires line of sight.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Trinity got an undocumented buff to the amount of damage EV does and it's... pretty fuckin good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZagicqVYEk&t=193s

e: according to the comments on the video it might be just a change to the way they display EV's damage? either way it's sick

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 13, 2020

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

are you ready for infinite damage Garuda? because I know I am :unsmigghh:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Malloc Voidstar posted:

According to a dataminer Oxylus is getting a precept named "Botanize" that will cause it to scan plants
And while looking at the items added in the patch I noticed the "Carrion Domestik Drone", which is chat-linkable:

I will at last build Titania

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Victory Position posted:

are you ready for infinite damage Garuda? because I know I am :unsmigghh:
I always was, teach me

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I always was, teach me

Replace Blood Altar (or maybe Bloodletting I guess) with Breach Surge. Hit a group with your 4, jump in with your 1, Breach Surge. Bleed procs will make sparks which will make more bleed procs which will make more sparks and the cycle continues until inevitable doom is achieved.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

What will break first? Garuda... or the game?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Garuda... good? :unsmith:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Goodruda

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i really hate this system because nidus prime isn't coming out for a while and larva on any frame is enough to make me do the hell grind of infested salvage again.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Infested Salvage is trivial on the correct tile with the correct team.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's not difficult, but it takes ages and the rng is rarely kind to me.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Nidus twitch drops next week or I'll riot

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Honestly wouldn't surprise me. DE knows these frames are the hellgrindiest, but someone won't let them make it less painful.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm doing the Harrow kuva spy grind for his helmet and I want to eat a loving bullet.

I can't do soy missions quickly with Wukong but the layout is abysmal.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Aren't all of the old Warframe parts going to be purchaseable from simaris anyways?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Guilty posted:

Aren't all of the old Warframe parts going to be purchaseable from simaris anyways?

Nah, just the blueprints, and not even all of those. Simaris only stocks items that are normally one-time quest rewards.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It'd be cool if Simaris stocked complete warframe sets for any you've already built yourself. Lets people skip grinds they've already been through.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao cool stream DE

I think twitch is loving up

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Imagine toiling away at the kuva fort for kuva :smug:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Tylana posted:

:siren: Giveaway Alert :siren:

Thanks much! I just made 236k credits in 4.5 minutes at Seimeini.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I spent some time thinking how cool it would be to stick Ore Gaze on Nekros for double the loot boosting.
but then I realized I have no idea what I would actually farm for. What do people use lootframes for nowadays anyway?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I spent some time thinking how cool it would be to stick Ore Gaze on Nekros for double the loot boosting.
but then I realized I have no idea what I would actually farm for. What do people use lootframes for nowadays anyway?

Kuva via Steel Essence!
Helping lowbie friends out via plastids/orokin cell farms.

Also, reminder that frost is low key loot frame by himself now:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Cold_Damage
"When targets are killed while under the effects of a Cold proc they will turn into ice statues which can be shattered or left to melt. The frozen enemy will be dismembered into multiple body parts, regardless whether or not they are shattered, which is considerably valuable for a Nekros using Desecrate as each part can spawn a Health Orb and some loot. "

You might want to consider, like, a Cold spec ogris or frost's ice wave on nekros.

Part of my double affinity weekend was forma-in up a Ripkas for use as a stat stick with the gore (read: extra loot) augment and a pyrana prime for slash farming.

The real answer is endo farming in the arena maps on sedna though. Apparently if you get a mod drop chance booster (not in store for some reason?) you can make hilarious bank

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 14, 2020

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Also, today's 'this is funnier than it should be': Googly eyes for helminth.

If someone can make them look better/better positioned with the minor sway/movements, please show me your moves.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Tallgeese posted:

Infested Salvage is trivial on the correct tile with the correct team.

Infested Sludge

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

TheParadigm posted:

Also, today's 'this is funnier than it should be': Googly eyes for helminth.

If someone can make them look better/better positioned with the minor sway/movements, please show me your moves.

LordOfTheNoobs
Sep 7, 2009

I also had the idea for hearts as eyes.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I'm using the globes from the red dick event.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Warframe on this coming Games Done Quick.
boss showcase? ok then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
New Pedestal Umbra is pretty cool.

On an unrelated note, where'd all my credits go?