Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

If 25% of the total laps have gone by with no safety car, random safety car within the next 5 laps.

Nah nevermind they’d just figure out an algorithm to strategize for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Guys!

Lando Norris is cool and good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFkvEDr-KNY

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Sounds extremely fraudulent. I hope this Alonso fellow never comes near a Formula Car.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
folks, he's simply the best

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/1294012764655157248

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mission spinnow

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

daslog posted:

Ban wings.

I agree, ban Red Bull from everything.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Crashes the car and immediately brings it into pit lane for his team to start repairs. Phwoar what a top lad :allears:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MustardFacial posted:

Wouldn't you say it's long enough now that she's no longer your "former ex"?

I think it's something to do with how Access stores records in a table - I can't change the value.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I don't understand why the FIA would want to ban engine maps? Fuel management and all that poo poo is a very important part of a race's entertainment

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Spaced God posted:

I don't understand why the FIA would want to ban engine maps? Fuel management and all that poo poo is a very important part of a race's entertainment

oh yes thats what everyone loves about formula 1, fuel management

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
me watching le epic formula 1 race: OH WIOW I CANT BELIEVE HOW LEGENDAREY FRAUD POOIS SHAMILTON IS MANAGING HIS FUEL

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
*watches an epic battle between charlse leclerc and smax vestappen* but how much fuel did they save??!?!?!?!?!?!?! mods?????

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Stroll fuel saver of the day

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Vettel trying to save the most fuel by spinning out of the first turn

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Griefor posted:

Vettel trying to save the most fuel by spinning out of the first turn

Max extends the courtesy by saving not only his own fuel, but that of his fellow racers, by crashing into them. Great for the environment too

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Is it possible to make a machine learning neural net ai bippity boopy browser plugin that automatically mutes audio whenever it detects croftys voice?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

bippity boopy browser plugins have feelings too, you know

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

andyf posted:

Is it possible to make a machine learning neural net ai bippity boopy browser plugin that automatically mutes audio whenever it detects croftys voice?

This but Christian Horner

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Give me a Black Mirror-style neural implant that blocks out all Red Bull employees and replaces them with static.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Spaced God posted:

They're trying everything they can to keep Lewis from getting in there

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

track day bro! posted:

I'm still suprised when people say perez is poo poo, he had his career trajectory go off the rails after being mismanaged at McLaren and has pretty much outperformed his teammates in whatever the force india is called now

"Outperforms Lance Stroll" isn't really indicative of his abilities as a driver in any way

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

NtotheTC posted:

Give me a Black Mirror-style neural implant that blocks out all Red Bull employees and replaces them with static.

Unironically this, but also make sure it does that with Lance Stroll too

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

quote:

Sat alongside each other in the latest FIA press conference at the Spanish Grand Prix, Brown had something to say in response.

Brown said: “A lot of what Otmar said is true, I’m not an engineer but as CEO I’ve never been fined a dollar let alone €400,000, and Otmar thought it was 7.5 points until Sky told him differently.

“I’d invite him to come and join me [historic racing]. He’s got a historic car that he’s currently racing.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/brown-szafnauer-rp20-row/

:blastu:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
gently caress it have all the poo poo teams copy the old Mercedes. Would make the sport much more interesting

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

The Big Jesus posted:

gently caress it have all the poo poo teams copy the old Mercedes. Would make the sport much more interesting

the budget cap pushes them towards more a spec series i guess? :shrug: i think that's what haas is counting on. if guenther can't come up with the goods gene will pull out.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Today we remember Enzo Ferrari on the 32th anniversary of his death.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Zeta Acosta posted:

Why?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Spaced God posted:

The actual reason is that the FIA is worried that teams (read Mercedes) are cheating in the engine maps but they lack the technology, engineers, brainpower to actually find out. So they're banning it outright.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

bottle nico rosberg commentating that catalunya practice and sell it as a sleep aid imo

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Zeta Acosta posted:

Salute

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
why is legend forming a weird black spot on his forehead also ferrari owns

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

POCKET CHOMP posted:

why is legend forming a weird black spot on his forehead

Its because Ferrari is racist OP and our one true legend is Lewis Hamilton #blessed

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
GROSS JEANS LOOKING MINT SO FAR LETS GOOO

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Anything notable from practice sessions today?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The Big Jesus posted:

vettel seems happy with the chassis change and no real drama there, albon seems like he's still off the pace, nissany skidded off the track, sainz got a warning about using the motogp long lap penalty route since that was only supposed to be if he was going to be impeding traffic but he took it twice to get more of a gap to one of the toro rossos. snaufzer got very upset at croft when he read the stewards report to otto in response to otto saying the rules don't say what they did was wrong.

so no very very boring hopefully some engines pop sunday

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Bottas splattered a bird.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I was a year old when Enzo Ferrari died, I am literally incapable of remembering him. Also I don't give a poo poo about him.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I found a list of notable Enzo Ferrari achievements

1) Hired Nigel Mansell

so there you go, not all bad.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The Big Jesus posted:

Haas make it to q3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NtotheTC posted:

I found a list of notable Enzo Ferrari achievements

1) Hired Nigel Mansell

so there you go, not all bad.

He also hired John Surtees OP, so he did occasionally hire good English lads who mean well.