Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
can anybody tell me the fuelsaving situation in these sessions because thats all i hear anyone talking about here is the fuel saving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

track day bro! posted:

can anybody tell me the fuelsaving situation in these sessions because thats all i hear anyone talking about here is the fuel saving

The cars are hybrids, op.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

theres battery saving op

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Fuel savings is my turn on

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Fuel is heavy so if you put less in and drive a bit more carefully you can sometimes go faster overall. This is new for 2020 and completely unprecedented in the history of Formula 1.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Can't wait to watch an hour of Alonso narrating "deep" lines from his favourite samurai anime with a couple of racing clips spliced in

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

my birthday is on saturday and i hope i am too hungover the next day to watch the spanish gp

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/joesaward/status/1294242812679147521

Even a broke-brained clock occasionally lands a zinger.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

net work error posted:

Haas make it to q3

Isn't qualifying tomorrow?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

Fuel is heavy so if you put less in and drive a bit more carefully you can sometimes go faster overall. This is new for 2020 and completely unprecedented in the history of Formula 1.

but apparently this is the aspect of the sport everyone enjoys the most!

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

The Big Jesus posted:

Haas make it to FP3 without anyone crashing?

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

I've just noticed Alex Brundle sounds like a Dalek.

Also I watched the Polanski/JYS thing 'Weekend of a Champion' which is a glorious little time capsule. The film quality is excellent, and the audio has had some great work too. Was there ever a time a Ferrari V12 didn't sound great?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I think he meant Vettel makes to t3

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

ugh fuckin 6AM FP3

Will be worth it to watch Max/Seb/HAAS bin it live

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

NtotheTC posted:

I found a list of notable Enzo Ferrari achievements

1) Hired Nigel Mansell

so there you go, not all bad.

This is an awful list OP

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
il lione was cool

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ne...da34ce0e2d434c8

quote:

Lewis Hamilton’s pet bulldog, Roscoe, has been letting Valtteri Bottas know he’s Mercedes’ No. 2 driver.

The curious pooch has been sniffing around Bottas’s motorhome and last weekend at Silverstone left a special deposit for the Finn, The Sun reports.

Bottas, who is turd in the championship — sorry, third — said he did not offer the dog any meat as like Hamilton he is on a strict plant-based diet.

He said: “Lewis and I have actually been neighbours the last few weeks and Roscoe dropped a big turd right outside my door last Saturday.

“I was doing some barbecues in the evenings and Roscoe always came to smell it, but I never gave anything to him.”

Mercedes' Finnish driver Valtteri Bottas could smell something was up. Source: AFP
Hamilton replied: “I don’t believe that because he did some real stinky stuff after that!”
Sky Sports Formula 1 commentator Karun Chandhok later tweeted Hamilton went and picked up the steaming leavings.
“To be fair Ben, I saw Lewis follow Roscoe with a bin bag and pick it up himself,” he posted on Twitter.
Hamilton, 35, revealed he has been staying in his plush motorhome for this season’s F1 races as he tries to minimise the risks of catching Covid-19.

He stays at the racetracks in his motorhome with Roscoe and his performance coach, Angella.

And Hamilton says his pad features a special space that he uses as a mini-recording studio for when he is away from home.
He added: “The motorhome expands out and I have my own room and my own section. I have my recording kit I take with me, so I can do music.
“I have my PlayStation and I like to play online. Last weekend I played against Pierre Gasly and we played Call Of Duty together.
“Other times I watch movies. I have physio in the evenings and usually Roscoe goes second.
“I don’t hang with anybody, particularly during these times.
“Perhaps last year, if you were in a campsite with everyone, you might have had a barbecue together.”
Meanwhile, Bottas, who stays in a motorhome with his girlfriend, Aussie cyclist, Tiffany Cromwell, added: “I really like it, it’s like camping.

“In European races I always used to stay in hotels but for the future I think I’ll keep the motorhome.
“That’s what I used to do back in karting, so I have some good memories.
“Obviously it’s a bit different now, but I’m really enjoying it, staying in the motorhome with my girlfriend.
“She makes food in the evening, I can do some barbecues and it’s nice and pleasant.
“We can watch movies and wind down, which is important, because the race weekends can be quite hectic.
“The other good thing is that you minimise traveling time to and from the paddock.”

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

ugh why hasn't the sun collapsed already

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

tuo posted:

What's a furrie?

Its when you get dressed up as a tank and wish the movie was about Matt Damon instead.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Nico is a massive twerp and pretty insufferable but his videos where he goes through the circuit and explains all the turns and poo poo are actually a pretty good watch before a race.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

andyf posted:

ugh why hasn't the sun collapsed already

Maybe it has!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

SocksAndSandals posted:

ugh fuckin 6AM FP3

Will be worth it to watch Max/Seb/HAAS bin it live

No, don't wake up for FP, it's not worth it.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BWV posted:

Nico is a massive twerp and pretty insufferable but his videos where he goes through the circuit and explains all the turns and poo poo are actually a pretty good watch before a race.

just remember to not actually watch the race because racing is bad and poo poo.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

BurgerQuest posted:

just remember to not actually watch the race because racing is bad and poo poo.

They're called racing point

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Good job Ocon

Edit: And Magnussen :xd:

Classic Haas

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

that was on kmags right there.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Ocon is a complete idiot

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It was going to happen to someone, they're going 2:30+ out and in laps with a 1:18 fast lap. Verstappen was going too slowly to actually fill his battery up.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

The contempt in the engineers voice to ocon. What actually happened there (you festering idiot)?

Mercedes don't seem to have been affected by the party mode ban, maybe they just build better race cars and don't cheat like failrarri?

Perez recovers from the modern plague and batters his team mate, some guy I have never heard of.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Party mode ban is next race

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
with this heat mercedes is going to trash their tyres tomorrow, magnussen is a loving moron and haas shoud get rhe gently caress out of froomula one

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Hulkenberg still only 4 points behind Vettel

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The Big Jesus posted:

It was a prediction OP

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol K-mag gets away with it because he was slowing because of harvesting and didn’t hit the brakes.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

learnincurve posted:

Lol K-mag gets away with it because he was slowing because of harvesting and didn’t hit the brakes.

It's kinda like fuel saving

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Well done Kimi

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Gio, the Nazi, is exceptionally slow.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Is it already time in the season for Kimi to earn his drive for next year?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

lol george beaten by a retiree and haas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
sha has to beat both the mclaren and tracing points and he will have a pretty good year driving the sf1000