Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bad Parenting posted:

My goonfleet forum account seems to be active, but when I tried following the steps in the OP to restore my account I get a 404 error when logging into https://esi.goonfleet.com/
I was also just trying this and getting the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Looks like we defended the Y-2ANO keepstar. :toot:

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Damnit, I’m out of town with my kids and because pidgin is the worst I have to rely on reddit for information. Goonfleet.com is pretty dead for anything real-time too. I heard local was 4500? Did it just rep on its own through tidi? That seems like a crippling thing given we haven’t even reached Delve yet.

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

gently caress me - YouTube recommended me World War Bee II video for some reason and now I'm watching videos and reading battle reports from the last 3 weeks.

Not played since 2009 - I don't understand 70% of what's being talked about but gently caress does it itch...

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Here's a stream for the end of the Y-2ANO: https://twitch.tv/imperiumnews

I assume video might come up later.

And for a general slow rolling overview imperium.news itself is quite decent.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Here's a summary on how the fight went

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Velius posted:

Damnit, I’m out of town with my kids and because pidgin is the worst I have to rely on reddit for information. Goonfleet.com is pretty dead for anything real-time too. I heard local was 4500? Did it just rep on its own through tidi? That seems like a crippling thing given we haven’t even reached Delve yet.

I was in the baltec fleet which was being FC'd by Elo. Before we undocked he had us fit MJD's because they had at least two fleets camped on the ZXB gate and bubbled all to hell. From what I saw, instead of controlling the keepstar grid they were more interested in getting frags and all warped to the ZXB gate and dropped some dreads.

We all got in and off the gate. Tidi was crippling and we bounced off a fortizar before getting to the keepstar. TEST had a long-range Raven fleet which was keeping the timer paused until it was promptly deleted by a DBRB bomb run. Their fighters from carriers parked on an asshouse never really made it to the keep en masse.

Hexel fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 15, 2020

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
man 10% tidi is brutal. I just watched it from my perch in my cloaky ceptor though, I still can't fly anything that can really help, but it was pretty amazing to see that bombing run.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Guys I have a great idea: Drone ammunition

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Stereotype posted:

man 10% tidi is brutal. I just watched it from my perch in my cloaky ceptor though, I still can't fly anything that can really help, but it was pretty amazing to see that bombing run.

Ceptors are great for fleets. I mostly flew one with an offline cyno. If the FC trusts you, you can do a lot for them even if he never uses you but he knows that you can be relied upon to be there for the fleet. . Bounces, align bounces, intel such as being ahead of the main fleet a few jumps. Even snagging some expensive ship or two while hostiles are bailing. Fleet ceptors are heavily under rated and never enough of them and most are bad.

I got a good rep for a ceptor pilot and for the multiple fleet stuff, I would bounce between fleets who needed something. Its a lot of fun playing a ceptor and I highly recommend it.

Don't fit for damage or tank. Go max speed. Speed is your defense. Carry 1 lovely gun if you want to whore on KM's.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
drat missed page 420

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

dialhforhero posted:

"Loky11 posted:

Eve Online: The Fun Starts When You Press Logoff

Every time I log in I remember this and then log off to play other games.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Stereotype posted:

Training into a Jackdaw and a Confessor is something i'd recommend as those are probably some of our most useful and universal ships at the moment

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

froody guy posted:

Every time I log in I remember this and then log off to play other games.

[/quote]

Add the EVE logo on top of the rear end and fix the text to say “Don’t play EVE Online” and put that poo poo top center in the OP.

:kiss:

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Tai posted:

Ceptors are great for fleets. I mostly flew one with an offline cyno.

Can’t do the ceptor cyno anymore which is very sad. I used to love doing that too.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

lmao

SnoochtotheNooch fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 16, 2020

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Why so much white space in those images?

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

wilderthanmild posted:

This is why these forums have turned to poo poo. bc of posts like this.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

wilderthanmild posted:

Pushing the Windows Key, Shift and 'S' at the same time is just too much for some people.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Xolve posted:

Pushing the Windows Key, Shift and 'S' at the same time is just too much for some people.

you understand technology exists to produce an operating system that isnt windows, or keyboard that isnt qwrty, or microsoft fuckin paint lmao

by all means, lets ignore the content and bitch about the white space.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

you understand technology exists to produce an operating system that isnt windows, or keyboard that isnt qwrty, or microsoft fuckin paint lmao

Someone who plays nothing but even on an non-windows OS is like textbook definition of masochism.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Sickening posted:

Someone who plays nothing but even on an non-windows OS is like textbook definition of masochism.

I just made up excuses for myself. I paste everything into MS paint. I dont loving care.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Even I know its a bad plan to go afk on a trek to Jita, and I'm a dumbass.

Afk from Jita if you're empty is usually slightly safer, but even then I am still nervous about it.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Xolve posted:

I use greenshot, you can edit the snip or shoot it directly to imgur

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
lmbo @ this OPSEC wizard censoring names on his high sec salt post

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

finally.... the year of Linux on the desktop

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Inglonias posted:

Even I know its a bad plan to go afk on a trek to Jita, and I'm a dumbass.

Afk from Jita if you're empty is usually slightly safer, but even then I am still nervous about it.

I still can't imagine loading up a ship with anything of value and going AFK.

I once had multiple billions worth of ships and blue loot in an Orca that I was moving around and you can loving bet I spent every minute paying close attention.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I use ShareX for that, which is probably very, very similar.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I was addressing the lowest common denominator in this instance, which of course is comprised entirely of people still playing EVE: Online (noted bad game) in TYOOL 2020.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I press CMD + shift + 4 and then select the area I want to screenie

It Just Works

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I press CMD + shift + 4 and then select the area I want to screenie

It Just Works

this is how god intended screenshots to be taken

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Hmm, apparently the trig invasion has hit Niarja which is a chokepoint between the two biggest high sec trading hubs of Jita and Amarr.

I'm guessing this will annoy a lot of people and probably kill a lot of bot traders.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

My keyboard has a "print"-key. If I press that one, it makes a screenshot.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

wilderthanmild posted:

Hmm, apparently the trig invasion has hit Niarja which is a chokepoint between the two biggest high sec trading hubs of Jita and Amarr.

I'm guessing this will annoy a lot of people and probably kill a lot of bot traders.

Trigs just wanted to take over freighter ganking from CODE

(Amarr is 9 jumps from Jita. The shortest Highsec route that ignores Niarja is 45 jumps... I think a lot of freighters are going to take the Niarja gambit. Truly a Kobayashi Maru scenario)

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Otacon posted:

Trigs just wanted to take over freighter ganking from CODE

(Amarr is 9 jumps from Jita. The shortest Highsec route that ignores Niarja is 45 jumps... I think a lot of freighters are going to take the Niarja gambit. Truly a Kobayashi Maru scenario)

Changing the terrain is cool and good. I also like the incoming weather. As long as the dame terrain applies to everyone, it keeps things interesting and keeps things from getting stagnant. This is how Age of ~Chaos~ should have been implemented.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I think that route is roughly half the distance if you are willing to risk low sec.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Make all pilots participants of faction warfare initially based off of race and changeable after a waiting period where in that in between time you are KoS to all factions.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

dialhforhero posted:

Make all pilots participants of faction warfare initially based off of race and changeable after a waiting period where in that in between time you are KoS to all factions.

Sounds too close to something approaching 'fun', can't have that.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I downloaded echoes and all it did was make me want to play regular eve again

A million years ago I was in The Greater Goon for a while. Is there anything similar nowadays where I can just get high and shoot rocks and not wake up at 6am for an extremely important POS battle?

Wizard of Wang
Aug 8, 2004
Hey guys, I just finally got into eve about 15 years too late. I am looking for an invite to a Goon run Corp.

I followed the directions, just waiting for an ingame invite.

I haven't posted for a long time, but I just got into Eve, and I remember that goons have a huge presence in this game, and you guys were the reason I even looked into it. I just want to play with a big ol group of Goons.

Wizard of Wang fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Wizard of Wang posted:

Hey guys, I just finally got into eve about 15 years too late. I am looking for an invite to a Goon run Corp.

I followed the directions, just waiting for an ingame invite.

I haven't posted for a long time, but I just got into Eve, and I remember that goons have a huge presence in this game, and you guys were the reason I even looked into it. I just want to play with a big ol group of Goons.

You choose a good time. I just came back after 7 years and was on 2 war fleets today that kicked rear end and took names. Both are relatively low skill builds, and even then you can always bring a free tackle or cheap logi (healer).

Being the newbee in a free tackle is a great way to get money showered on you too.