Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sonderval posted:

They ain’t pretty but they last.

Grenfel at least stayed up which is better than your “towers”.

lmao you tell em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Moon Slayer posted:

Okay, heads I just shake my head and go "oof," tales I give it a sixer. Stand by.

Moon Slayer for admin, IMO.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Inceltown posted:

Would setting the post to Yakety Sax help?

This implies there is such a situation where Yakety Sax doesn’t help...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That towers joke is the only funny thing that's been posted in pages lol

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

That towers joke is the only funny thing that's been posted in pages lol

Thank you for not making it two funny things.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Where's "12 hours later"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

a whole lotta brains broke that day, huh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Moon Slayer posted:

Thank you for not making it two funny things.

What're you gonna do, shoot me?

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Meta as gently caress if a head on collision causes the twin towers to fly through the truck, killing the passengers

Seriously though, the towers have to be able to tolerate a variety of forces. They're minimalist but that still must be a significant mass of metal.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I knew those towers were no good

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

There's actually been no documented cases where a .22 caliber weapon has killed a grown human. It's just a myth that TV/film likes to spin. They're like wolf attacks, there's never been a documented fatal wolf attack on a human being since the 1600's.

Necro'ing this just to say *cough* Night Stalker *cough* RIchard Ramirez killed many people with a .22 caliber handgun *cough*

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

That "Well rested" slice is way to big. I'm 37 loving years old, ain't no way I ever wake up well rested!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Shai-Hulud posted:

That "Well rested" slice is way to big. I'm 37 loving years old, ain't no way I ever wake up well rested!

Sure you did. You just used them all up before you were 10. Classic mistake.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It’s entirely possible to wake up well-rested provided that it involves sleeping though something important.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Mmm Ohio Valley style pizza

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Shai-Hulud posted:

It's also missing "Just a brief nap - 5 hours later" which also happens a lot more once you hit your mid 30s.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Facebook Aunt posted:

Sure you did. You just used them all up before you were 10. Classic mistake.

...so that's how it works!
I guess that why parents always made us get up and go to school. Otherwise we'd completely max out our SleepTally and be unable to even doze from the age of 33 onwards.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

I mean, this isn’t falling down, but I wouldn’t rush to have the same people build something for me: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-30811889

Ronan Point was the classic “where’d that building go?” in the UK, but it didn’t exactly fall over. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronan_Point

E: looks like things might not be a lot better now for some towers, though: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tower-blocks-collapse-risk-grenfell-safety-government-a8592436.html

Thank god boris is tearing up the planning regs so famed charlatans G4S and capita can subcontract our building literally tens of thousands of dangerous flats using load bearing drywall and special concrete which is 65% polystyrene, and of course, cladding that is installed because the designer doesn’t know what “inflammable” means.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Werewolves have excellent hearing, so whatever sound device you use to disable the symbiote would also be extremely disorienting to the werewolf.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Beachcomber posted:

Werewolves have excellent hearing, so whatever sound device you use to disable the symbiote would also be extremely disorienting to the werewolf.

Like the man said: SILENCE!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Beachcomber posted:

Werewolves have excellent hearing

This is stereotyping and erasure of disabled werecreatures. I will not stand for this lycanthro-ableism.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Is a were bat a batman

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is a were bat a batman

I believe it has been already established that is in fact a MAN-BAT.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Tree Bucket posted:

...so that's how it works!
I guess that why parents always made us get up and go to school. Otherwise we'd completely max out our SleepTally and be unable to even doze from the age of 33 onwards.

This must be what happened to me. I cannot nap, not ever, not even during the 32 hours of flight/stopovers it took to get back from new Zealand. I'd love to be able to just have a little nap now and then :sigh:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pookah posted:

This must be what happened to me. I cannot nap, not ever, not even during the 32 hours of flight/stopovers it took to get back from new Zealand. I'd love to be able to just have a little nap now and then :sigh:

Have you heard the wonders of slamming down a whole bunch of whisky really fast and passing out?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Inceltown posted:

Have you heard the wonders of slamming down a whole bunch of whisky really fast and passing out?

Oh yeah, tried that on another flight- drank a shitload of red wine and miraculously managed to semi-drowse for about 15 minutes, then I got a hangover which lasted the rest of the flight. The universe really doesn't want me to get any sleep on planes.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Pookah posted:

Oh yeah, tried that on another flight- drank a shitload of red wine and miraculously managed to semi-drowse for about 15 minutes, then I got a hangover which lasted the rest of the flight. The universe really doesn't want me to get any sleep on planes.

Glad it's not just me. I was once upgraded to first class and even with the full flat bed I couldn't sleep for a second on an overnight flight.

Funny pic:

hungry for crepes n shit
Aug 17, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

Ronan Point was the classic “where’d that building go?” in the UK, but it didn’t exactly fall over. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronan_Point

“At approximately 5:45 am on 16 May 1968, resident Ivy Hodge went into her kitchen in flat 90, a corner flat on the 18th floor of the building, and lit a match to light the gas stove for a cup of tea.”

“Four of the 260 residents were killed immediately and seventeen were injured, including a young mother who was stranded on a narrow ledge when the rest of her living room disappeared. Hodge survived, despite being blown across the room by the explosion — as did her gas stove, which she took to her new address.[5]”

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Just ask someone to choke you out. Then, when you wake up, they just choke you out again until the flight is done

It's a win-win

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Just pretend you have motion sickness and take some Dramamine 15 minutes before boarding.

Or do the same thing, but allergies, and take Benadryl.

agrielaios
Dec 25, 2009

hungry for crepes n poo poo posted:

as did her gas stove, which she took to her new address”

Smart, "Me and my stove, we've been through things, walls.."

agrielaios has a new favorite as of 14:09 on Aug 17, 2020

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
https://i.imgur.com/BHmRf7x.gifv

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

jojoinnit posted:

Glad it's not just me. I was once upgraded to first class and even with the full flat bed I couldn't sleep for a second on an overnight flight.

Funny pic:

Finally the man is tackling some of the issues that concern me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyZ41rgC07o

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

what is it with bad hair and racists?

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Agents are GO! posted:

Are you perhaps the protagonist in an Award-Winning Canadian novel from 1976?

What is the name of this book? Or the name of the series? As soon as you said this, the plot and illustrations leapt into my mind, but I can't find it on google anywhere. There was definitely a whole series of books about teenagers in dangerous visitations like this. There was another one about gangs fighting I remember as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Colder, colder, cold, ice cold.

Polar.