Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
DLC spoilers Where is the gong you are supposed to ring so Benkei assists you with arrows? I saw one on the boss arena but I couldnt interact with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Heavy attack it

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Also, you apparently get the one use, but the time I used it was the time I won, so I don't know if a reset would bring it back for another attempt.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Shooting it with a cannon shot also works

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
I think Benkei shoots twice per attempt (if you give him two arrows), once when you use the gong, followed by once when the boss switches phases (for me, this is always when he reactivates the dark realm.)

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Darth Walrus posted:

You can also copy all his buffs for yourself with the mujina yokai ability.

Been looking for a good enemy to try that out on, but I've never had enough trouble with a buff-heavy boss to bother. I'm sure later difficulties will take care of that eventually.

Pennfalath posted:

Heavy attack it

Anyone who wondered what the hell those big bells were in that one fire level feels this pain. To this day I don't think I've ever got to use one of them effectively :( They just clear out yokai realm for a while right?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
So I finally got Nioh 2. I ordered it off of Ebay, and got the Limited Edition copy with the artbook, the season pass, and the 'First Samurai' armor (:shrug:).

I'm still on the first mission, and...it's Nioh 2!

More seriously, the game seems fine so far. I thought I'd breeze through the first mission, but it's been pretty difficult. I'm not used to having all my skills unlocked, because I relied heavily on things like the Ki Pulse dodge and some of the miscellaneous combos. I decided to go with Dual Swords and Spears like I did with Nioh 1.

I tried to see if I could beat the big horse demon (Gozuki) you see at the start while at Level 2 with the starting gear, but I couldn't manage it.

The thing I seem to be struggling with is the Burst Counter. Either my timing is always off, or I'm not close enough. I don't know if it's supposed to be as soon as you see the red smoke, or when the attack is about to hit you. It seems like the window is when an enemy is in the middle of the attack, and you can just interrupt it, instead of dodging it. However, I feel like in a few instances, I took damage when doing the counter.

Hardest part so far was purifying the shrine in the pocket Yokai area.

I found a cute little cat thing that followed me around, but I think I accidentally got it killed, because it puffed up when I took it in the Yokai tainted area, and it disappeared when I got to the corrupted shrine.

Anything I should/shouldn't be doing?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You can start the brute counter as soon as you see the red flash and it'll work even before the attack happens, but the other two types require you to dash into or block the incoming attack while it's in motion. This might lead you to conclude the brute counter is just better but it takes so long to come out that you can end up trading hits with the enemy instead, which sounds like what you've been experiencing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The cute little cat things follow you around for a limited time. They do a minor amount of damage to enemies and distract them somewhat in fights, but their biggest draw in ordinary gameplay is that they rapidly fill the anima gauge that you use to fuel your powerful yokai abilities. Bring along a Scampuss, and you'll be obliterating everything in sight with eldritch doom.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

lets hang out posted:

You can start the brute counter as soon as you see the red flash and it'll work even before the attack happens, but the other two types require you to dash into or block the incoming attack while it's in motion. This might lead you to conclude the brute counter is just better but it takes so long to come out that you can end up trading hits with the enemy instead, which sounds like what you've been experiencing.

I don't think I've even unlocked the other counters (I'm guessing they're tied to the other Anima spirits).

Regardless, I get the impression it's something you have to master to survive a lot of the encounters.

I also picked up a core from one of the Yokai I defeated. I don't know what it does, but it was purified once I reached the shrine. I'm guessing it has something to do with the transformations.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

I don't think I've even unlocked the other counters (I'm guessing they're tied to the other Anima spirits).

Regardless, I get the impression it's something you have to master to survive a lot of the encounters.

I also picked up a core from one of the Yokai I defeated. I don't know what it does, but it was purified once I reached the shrine. I'm guessing it has something to do with the transformations.

Counter types are determined by the color of the Guardian Spirit symbol next to the Guardian Spirit. Red is Brute, blue is Feral, and purple is Phantom. They all have different timings for getting the most out of each counter and it does take some practice.

Yokai cores can be attuned to the GS you're using so you can access their powers as well as get some bonuses. These powers can either be summons or transforming to perform an attack.

A Bystander fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 18, 2020

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

The trick to Brute's burst counter is to use it as soon as you see an enemy flashing red. You just have to hit them before they hit you.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
You couldn't beat the bull demon at the start of the map. You haven't MET the horse demon yet :unsmigghh:

And yeah Burst Counters are tricky at first since they're one of the completely new mechanics in this game, along with soul core attacks, but once you start to get used to them you can tear apart enemies with ease in ways that just weren't possible in the first game. Sounds like you started out with Brute, fine since that's the easiest one, like others have said there isn't really a timing component, just trigger it as soon as you see the red smoke. Feral type is a dodge where you need to dodge into the attack itself, and Phantom is a shield thing, basically a traditional parry so you do need to learn the attack animation timings for them.

It took me way too long to learn to love soul core attacks so the best advice I can give is to never run around with a full Anima gague (purple bar below your stamina). ABBLUWYSCA, always be blowing poo poo up with your soul core attacks. The first one I really liked was Enki (spear monkey dudes) because it's ranged, and unlike a lot of others it physically moves you so you can also use it as a dodge in a pinch. Also note that picking up a soul core completely fills your Anima, so if one drops in the middle of a fight, spam all your attacks before picking it up to double dip.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I went back to Brute counter because the timing is parry-timing hard on the other two counters. Brute Counter will counter something not directed at you and you don't have to have your phantom block or feral after-image at the point of attack, you just have to hit the mob with your counter. The only time it's not as useful is on grabs like Enera's where the grab procs before the bash can hit due to hitboxes or something.

Feral counter is insane for defense, it's basically a full-iframes move-cancelling dodge that works when you're out of ki, works really no matter what is going on. I guess the main thing is with the other parries you have to know the timing of the attack, sometimes you have to wait a second after you are cued so it coincides with the actual hit. Brute counter you can just blindly hit when you see or hear the cue.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
If anyone wants a good WotD build that doesn't demand doing 5,000 save-scummed forges here is what I am doing:
Oni Shibata Feet and hatchets (-10% damage mid-attack), Veteran chest (-6.4%), Sohaya gauntlets (-3.1%), Onroyki soul core (-16%) for total of -35.5% damage taken while attacking
Kawani waist for 22% effective Yokai abilities, Tengu mask for 9.6% and Kasha with 5.2% super-effective for 14.8%,
Insanagami main spirit with Kasha/Nupeppo/Onroyki, Hyobushin secondary with Kasha/Ryomen/Gaki, all have 16% yokai ability damage (all) except Nuppeppo
Water splitstaff, ranged weapons, and 3 armor pieces are Kuzuryu's Grace, this is the only pain in the rear end part, five 1/10 forges means you'll spend 500ish divine fragments.

With all this I get Anima on Water Attack, Elemental Attack, damaging a saturated enemy, taking damage, and getting hit while guarding. I have +54% yokai damage with Insa, +79% with Hyo, plus another +18% when saturated - all with AA- life drain on yokai damage. I get 25% of my anima back when I hit something with a yokai ability and another 22% if it kills something. This +36% active skill damage and +53% melee damage on saturated enemy.

Basically spam dragon dance and kasha, this maintains fire+water (and confusion). If I don't have anima I open with a lightning feather. You will fill your anima bar with one dragon dance even with nuppeppo crushing your ki usage. You can fire off either Onroyki or Nuppeppo and have enough left for Kasha with some change. It's really designed so you can choose to have melee bonuses (Insa) or with Hyo have +100% yokai ability damage with massive anima return and healing on yokai abilities and access to 3 good cores. For melee against water-resistant enemies you'll have to slot lightning on twin phoenix high stance and keep that up.

Since the splitstaff attacks are all off guard (dragon dance is guard+triangle, twin phoenix guard+square, serpent sweep guard+x) you are guarding any time you aren't attacking so if you get hit you get either guard or damage anima, and with 103% elemental damage while guarding if you need to guard for a bit you are still generating anima and you are guarding before and after you do attacks. You're taking about 50% damage with mid-attack and regular damage bonuses, Kasha is out 90% of the time providing AA- yokai damage heals and you have life drain and amrita absorbtion. So you almost never have to back off, you can go dance+kasha and keep 2 elements running while throwing in nuppeppo as needed.

The weakness is Dragon Dance takes about a half second to start up, I don't think you are considered mid-attack during that time, and your enemy tends to do annoying crap like jump back just out of melee range in that half second before you can start hit and stun locking. But so as long as you are using mostly active skills for damage and ki break almost any weapon or stance will work. The other issue is even with that, split staff doesn't have very many skills that actually do damage.
So with the hatchets anything problematical or that moves around a lot you can use Advancing Throw, this is really good for say Tessos and Oni-Bs.

All of this is doable without :effort:, you will have slightly less skill and yokai damage but that's it. You just need one -1 attunement core, I would love to get a 2nd so I could slot Otakemaru optionally. The grace bonuses are not critical to the build but every one you can slot helps.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just have one side-mission left in the DLC (poo poo's too short :( ) but after that I really need to plow through the rest of NG+ to get that one accessory drop that lowers all set bonus requirements by 1. There's got to be some fun builds you can put together with 7 different 2-item set bonuses all stacked together :getin:

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Is this also the thread for Nioh 2?

I never did beat the first one. Got stuck on The Source of All Evil, never beat it. Decided to get into 2, anyway. I like it more, but mostly because it let's you summon friendly revenants, so the fact I have no friends works out better

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I never did beat the first one. Got stuck on The Source of All Evil, never beat it. Decided to get into 2, anyway. I like it more, but mostly because it let's you summon friendly revenants, so the fact I have no friends works out better

Yes.

Yeah NPC coop was a very good addition to the game and Nioh 2 has a lot of improvements that might not be immediately apparent.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Best advice for a new player: Anytime your Anima gague (purple bar under ki) is full, you are wasting it. ~Always~ be using your soul core attacks, as combo enders, to finish off an enemy if you run out of ki for your own attacks, or just to clown on that last half-dead gaki running around.

Also, 1.14 just dropped, though so far the notes are Moon Language only.

e: Been a while since I dumped a bunch of videos on the thread:

This dojo mission was one of the hardest in NG, was not looking forward to it at all in NG+, but this one weird trick turned it into the easiest one. YOU WON'T BELIEVE YOUR EYES:
https://twitter.com/TND669/status/1299821761614278656

Hanzo, however, remains a bastard :mad: :
https://twitter.com/TND669/status/1299812950383960065?s=20

Never messed around with the odachi parry much, and it still feels weird to use compared to other weapons. I get more use out of the move that gives you an auto-grapple when you break an enemy's ki with it:
https://twitter.com/TND669/status/1299805147116310531?s=20

Decided to go all-in on a fire build while rushing headlong into a WotDemon Twilight Mission. Did you guys know there's an armor set bonus that adds Blind to any burning enemy? And that it's the first bonus so with the yasakani magatama you get it wearing only a single item?
https://twitter.com/TND669/status/1298093732764549121?s=20

:airquote: lost kodama :rolleyes:
https://twitter.com/TND669/status/1296331823912550400?s=20

Going all dropbear on fools' heads:
https://twitter.com/TND669/status/1296323092613148672?s=20

Pretty much the entire Tale of the Tiara sub mission from the DLC. I didn't realize it was just going to be a giant revenant gauntlet, this wasn't a good first test of my idea to try pairing up spirit guardian and weapon elements and switching between them to apply discord. I kept on forgetting and would have the lightning guardian on with the water splitstaff and vice versa :downs:
https://twitter.com/TND669/status/1295981451788390400?s=20

Laddercombat:
https://twitter.com/TND669/status/1295916144755384322?s=20

This kind of attention to detail is why I love Team Ninja:
https://twitter.com/TND669/status/1295908409666146304?s=20

I was only looking for a revenant nearby because of that bloody grave:
https://twitter.com/TND669/status/1295592626662658049?s=20

Oh hey, tweets actually embed in the post preview now, good work Jeff.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Sep 4, 2020

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gematsu has decent patch note translations:

Additional Content
  • Added Picture Scrolls which contain enemies and bosses from “The Tengu’s Disciple.” These “Scroll of the Demon” Picture Scrolls can be acquired in Dream of the Demon.
Balance Adjustments
  • Adjusted the equipment dropped by enemies in the Dream of the Demon, as follows:
  • Increased the rate of occurrence of Special Effects which does not appear when using the Temper feature at the Blacksmith.
  • Increased the minimum value for the randomly determined Special Effects to make it easier for the maximum value to appear. (No changes have been made to the maximum value itself.)
  • Adjusted the Splitstaff skill, “Seesaw Strike” so that it more easily hit enemies when activated following a 2nd Quick Attack from High Stance.
  • Special Effects available during Yokai Shift are now activated when performing a grapple after a successful Burst Counter.
  • The Special Effect, “Deflect Bullets & Arrows (Timely Guard),” is now able to deflect some other projectiles. (The deflectable attacks are same as the Switchglaive skill, “Whirling Blade,” and the Onmyo Magic skill, “Gust Talisman.”)
  • Decreased the Amrita and gold rewards from Bakegani and Nuppeppo.
  • Increased the Amrita and gold rewards from Bosses in The Tengu’s Disciple.

And a bunch of bug fixes, mostly in the DLC and scroll missions.
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/nioh-2-version-1-14-update-now-available

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
lmao that they decided to make fighting Nuppeppo an even more painful experience.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Season pass is 30% off on the US play station store.

I am still chugging along through my first play through, just beat kasha. I am poison and protection talismans are carrying me.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Calidus posted:

Season pass is 30% off on the US play station store.

I am still chugging along through my first play through, just beat kasha. I am poison and protection talismans are carrying me.

Join the clan that gives you a shield every time you clear a yokai pool. Once you get used to the timing you can use it to run up and do your big slow wind-up attacks right in the enemy's face while, heh, taking no damage :smuggo:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nioh 2’s Darkness in the Capital expansion arrives October 15

quote:

Thank you guys so much for supporting our first expansion of Nioh 2, The Tengus’s Disciple. We’ve been hard at work to bring you the next exciting chapter in the Nioh 2 saga, and I’m happy to announce today that the second DLC pack, titled Darkness in the Capital will be available on October 15!

While I‘m sure many of you are engrossed in the current campaign and well on your way to becoming a formidable Yokai hunter in feudal Japan, brace yourselves as even more perilous adventures and insurmountable enemies await you within the capital of the kingdom in this thrilling new chapter.
Nioh 2

Without further ado, let’s get into the new details for the brand-new quest awaiting all of our warriors. Darkness in the Capital features new storylines, overwhelmingly powerful new bosses, tricky new Yokai, new Guardian Spirits, skills, Ninjutsu, Onmyo Magic and Soul Cores. And to top it all off, this new chapter will present electrifying new armor sets and a weapon that fans of hand-to-hand combat will surely relish.

Now I’d hate to leave you guys completely in the dark on this upcoming DLC expansion. So, let me throw out some clues and story details to give you a taste of what’s on the horizon for this next installment.

In order to unravel the mysteries surrounding the history of the Sohayamaru, our protagonist ventures to Kyoto City and discovers a shrine furnished with an old worn-out box. Upon inspection, the Sohayamaru once again shines brilliantly and the protagonist is whisked away to the middle of the Heian Period, landing in an ancient version of the capital.

Contrary to its name “Heian Palace,” which means peace and tranquility, ancient Kyoto was terrorized by countless Yokai during this time period. However, there existed many heroes who were brave enough to oppose these demons. Among them were the most preeminent demon slayer and the strongest sorcerer in history, along with their subordinates and colleagues fighting at their side.

Our protagonist joins forces with these famous heroes in order to quell the unrest and destruction caused by the Yokai hordes, while learning more about the connections between an even more distant past and the present time period from which they came.

Well, there you have it. A brief overview of what’s to come. Please be on the look-out for more exciting details in the near future as we hope to shed even more light on Darkness in the Capital. Until that time, best of luck battling all of the fearsome Yokai in the Tengu’s Disciple and crafting a unique build that best suits your own playstyle. As many of you are well aware, you’ll need every advantage you can get to take on the menacing enemies lurking in the distant past. So, stay strong and stay safe out there samurai!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

quote:

And to top it all off, this new chapter will present electrifying new armor sets and a weapon that fans of hand-to-hand combat will surely relish.

:bubblewoop:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It’s gotta be gauntlets right?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I wonder if they'll do a sober Shuten-Doji boss fight, or if that's a functional impossibility.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Please let the new weapon be the crazy Wolverine claws from Ninja Gaiden 2

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Bah. Punching crap is so last year. Have it be kicking-based.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Let's hope it's longer than Tengus.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
They said the DLC would be two weapons total despite it being three episodes, right?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Imo Tengu's Disciple was really disappointing. Didn't like the new weapon at all, the story ended before it even started and even the bosses were only so and so.

Maybe 2nd one is better?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
With the specific mention of new magic skills and 'electrifying' armors, maybe this DLC will have a more magical focus?

WaltherFeng posted:

Imo Tengu's Disciple was really disappointing. Didn't like the new weapon at all, the story ended before it even started and even the bosses were only so and so.

Maybe 2nd one is better?

Maybe it's because it was new, but splitstaff is one of my favorite weapons. However when I go back to it now I find myself using the same few moves all the time (shin crusher until ki is gone, then switch up to one of the big spinny moves while they're stunlocked, repeat), and DLC1 did seem to end pretty abruptly. It felt like Benkei getting got was going to be a mid-arc motivator, but nope we're just done now. The first boss being Umi-bozu 2: Electric Boogaloo was also not great, but worth it for the soul core (it can still one-shot some of the bigger enemies in WotDemon if you can get them stuck in a corner with it, and applies Confusion to anything that survives).

Azran posted:

They said the DLC would be two weapons total despite it being three episodes, right?

I don't remember seeing it specified, but Nioh 1 was like that. DLC1 had odachi, 2 was tonfa and 3 was just additional level content.

Crowetron posted:

:ninja:

:ninja:

They better make those 'barehanded damage+' Samurai skills apply to this, I haven't even bothered to get them yet because right now unarmed fighting is like 2 moves total.

But at least this means I should still have time to clear the Demon Scroll I've been stuck on for a week. It's the highest level scroll I've got (high 200s) and I'm pretty sure it dropped somewhere in WotDemon because I'm dying in 2 hits to everything, but my warrior's pride refuses to let me just leave and come back later. Most of the enemies are fire based, and the boss is a souped-up perma-cursed Kasha. I'm trying a poison build, hoping I can proc it and then just dodge around and wait for the DoT to help me out. I've gotten her down to around 1/3 HP a few times, but then she summons 2 cursed gaki that can oneshot me and welp :( On the plus side, I am also accidentally power leveling my character. Even a few failed attempts gets me ~millions~ of amrita, so there's that. I want this superKasha soul core so bad :supaburn:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Takes No Damage posted:

With the specific mention of new magic skills and 'electrifying' armors, maybe this DLC will have a more magical focus?

Makes sense since the master Omnyo teacher is a main character.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember anybody's name, but in that case yeah it's a good bet. Also 1.15 just dropped, but it's just some light housecleaning this time:

patch notes posted:

Fixed an issue where a particular procedure caused the screen to freeze and become unresponsive when 10 different set bonuses were equipped.

Fixed an issue Where the “Filter” function sometimes caused an application error.

Fixed an issue in Dream of the Strong, where equipment with a particular special effect would appear in the “Kexiama’s Bazar’ at a higher than intended rate.

Fixed an issue in the Picture Scroll missions Where the Nue Sometimes fell off the Stage.

Fixed an issue which prevented some equipment from being restored in the 1.14 fix which addressed the loss of information from Smithing Texts handed to the Blacksmith.

Would have liked to see that falling nue once tho :science:

e:
Finally got that Demon Scroll, level 286+20 :stare: I just dumped the whole file for maximum pain, but this should be timestamped to the beginning of my winning run. More conservative and attrition-y than my usual style, but I was getting pretty tired of getting twoshot by every single enemy :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDuk1YNF16M&t=1070s

I had living weapon at the end and didn't notice :smith:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Sep 26, 2020

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Crowetron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhhcZAlcGTE

You rang?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Oh hell yes!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i just want this plush

https://www.siliconera.com/nioh-2-scampuss-plush/

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jimbot posted:

Bah. Punching crap is so last year. Have it be kicking-based.

At least the low stance combo has a kick mixed in, and apparently one of the high stance moves is just a leaping forward heel drop :krad:

Low stance dodge is a cartwheel :xd:

In the gameplay video there's some kind of red aura the character is doing while dodging, some kind of tonfa Devil's Dance variant?

Also this fool is running around with 219 skill points :lol: I know they probably just respecc'd and dumped everything into claws for the demo, it just looks funny.

They made it 1:1 scale from that one cutscene in the game, extremely :same:

e:
vvv Hmm, maybe that hiragi move is what was making that red flash. I think it was during a block each time, maybe something like absorbing the enemy's offense then putting it back to them?

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Sep 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

mid stance
l1 + triangle: hiragi - take a stance to block the enemy's attack. After blocking an attack, input square to release a punch (mid stance only)
rolling drop - parry an enemy's attack, breaking their stance while rounding behind them (mid stance only)

l1 + square: ringing stomp - stamp the ground with enough force to make it ring, increase the damage of your next active skill
on ki pulse: valley wind - on successful ki pulse tilt left stick forward to move forward quickly
hold triangle: bow force fist - back away and charge then quickly dash forward to release a punch (mid and low stance)

low stance
triangle after combo: pilebunker - follow a quick attack up with a kick and an elbow strike
square after combo: draw in - follow a strong attack up with grabbing the enemy
l1 + triangle: spin kick - quickly let out a spinning kick
l1 + square: creek wind - quickly dodge toward the direction you input (low stance only)
forward + x after combo: heaven fist - follow normal attacks up with kicking the enemy to jump up and smash down with your fist. After the attack follow up with square to move backward while kicking the enemy (low stance only)
on ki pulse: valley wind - on successful ki pulse tilt left stick forward to move forward quickly
hold triangle: bow force fist - back away and charge then quickly dash forward to release a punch (mid and low stance)

Stolen from the nioh 2 discord. Someone translated some of the skills when they were briefly on screen.