Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Twobirds posted:

That's the thing that snapped Simon Cowell in half, right?

And here I am thinking that thing sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Twobirds posted:

That's the thing that snapped Simon Cowell in half, right?

That thing was cool, if you were looking for an electric dirt bike
https://thearsenale.com/products/swind-eb-01

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME
twofer post

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Definitely going to camp here one night

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
I keep going out and getting my gravel bike nice and dirty on some trails and forgetting my phone at home for taking pictures. It's a dark green toughroad, so not the prettiest of bikes, but still fun as hell.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Mauser posted:

I keep going out and getting my gravel bike nice and dirty on some trails and forgetting my phone at home for taking pictures. It's a dark green toughroad, so not the prettiest of bikes, but still fun as hell.

Any boring or ugly bike can be dramatically improved in aesthetic by getting it dirty as gently caress.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Levitate posted:

twofer post

You got the gravel bike where the trail is and the trail bike where the gravel is.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME

Koth posted:

You got the gravel bike where the trail is and the trail bike where the gravel is.

I was taking the fire road to a trail while on the MTB and taking a fire road from a trail on the gravel bike :ssh:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Levitate posted:

I was taking the fire road to a trail while on the MTB and taking a fire road from a trail on the gravel bike :ssh:

:galaxybrain:

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
hi this is my kona minUte with a bunch of freeloaders in a trailer. I shouldn’t be out gulping down this ashy Denver air but oh well

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Still a little dirt from the weekend. Need to hose it off today and grease it up. This is the biggest sunflower I've ever seen, with the stem being about 2" thick and just growing out of the sidewalk for the last month or so.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
These are my bikes:

Fixie town bike (needs a front rack still):

Road bike, doesn't get ridden much tbh:

Mountain Bike, gets ridden the most. New pedals since photo was taken:

In use:

My buddy has the same bike, getting ready to drop into something on an after work ride this spring:

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

I found a wall with a slightly creepy Bart.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

"slightly"

just gonna throw this up here too, since this is the thread:

One of my tomatoes is getting ripe finally!

Mauser fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 22, 2020

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

These are my bikes:

Fixie town bike (needs a front rack still):

Road bike, doesn't get ridden much tbh:

Mountain Bike, gets ridden the most. New pedals since photo was taken:

In use:

My buddy has the same bike, getting ready to drop into something on an after work ride this spring:

dang gimme that Vitus 992, I love those to hell

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
New wheels. First shot at building myself. DT XR331 rims on Novatec. Seem pretty stable on a quick test ride today.

Pretty sure that smoke is actually aerosolized California redwoods that has been up the coast to Canada and back south to Colorado via Montana.
:tif:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I’ve been enjoying watching the evolution of that bike.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

sweat poteto posted:

New wheels. First shot at building myself. DT XR331 rims on Novatec. Seem pretty stable on a quick test ride today.

Pretty sure that smoke is actually aerosolized California redwoods that has been up the coast to Canada and back south to Colorado via Montana.
:tif:

How are those rims and what pressures are you running?? They seemed a bit shallow for road but should be plenty fine for dirt/gravel–been considering a set as well.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime

Suicide Watch posted:

How are those rims and what pressures are you running?? They seemed a bit shallow for road but should be plenty fine for dirt/gravel–been considering a set as well.

I had Stans crest rims before this which are similarly shallow, only swapped for the wheelbuilding experience. 40 psi seems good for a mix of road and fine gravel / dry dirt. The rims are very light (380g?) so will have to put a lot of miles on them to comment on reliability. Using very light spokes too.

zXzC0C0zXz
Dec 18, 2019
Not sure what year my Tricross is but i love it just had new breaks put on it and i love it.

i need to get out and ride it more before the New England winter hits

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

zXzC0C0zXz posted:

Not sure what year my Tricross is but i love it just had new breaks put on it and i love it.

i need to get out and ride it more before the New England winter hits
Mine's a 2008, I use it for all kinds of things with 42s - road, dirt and gravel paths, and light singletrack with the kiddo on his MTB.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

hi tgo, i am visiting from byob and thought i would participate in your local customs by sharing a pic of my bike parked in front of a thing

i removed the handlebar streamers and safety flag to comply with your bike photo rules, but the dork disk stays put :colbert:

zXzC0C0zXz
Dec 18, 2019

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Mine's a 2008, I use it for all kinds of things with 42s - road, dirt and gravel paths, and light singletrack with the kiddo on his MTB.

I mostly use it for road. I didn't think it could do all of that.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

zXzC0C0zXz posted:

I mostly use it for road. I didn't think it could do all of that.

Not the same bike, but I've done light gravel, some singletrack and some unmaintained roads with my road bikes that have far smaller tires. You can do a lot more exploring if you want to with your ride.

zXzC0C0zXz
Dec 18, 2019

BeastPussy posted:

Not the same bike, but I've done light gravel, some singletrack and some unmaintained roads with my road bikes that have far smaller tires. You can do a lot more exploring if you want to with your ride.

I’ll keep that in mind for my next ride. I have had the bike for a few years and I wanted to get into racking this year but obviously that isn’t gonna happen this year. Oh well maybe I can race next year!

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
BIke + borrowed rear wheel

Since last image way back when I got it I've changed out the crankset (and bottom bracket) handlebars+bar tape, and bottle cages. I wish that wheel and it's mate were mine. Mostly just because I think deep wheels look really cool.

Looking at it, I could maybe stand to rotate those bars a bit further forward/down.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

2.6s make everything so comfy to crush

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Sold both of these recently. The De Rosa was a pretty good fit but I just wasn't riding it enough. The Land Shark was always a bit too small, I just bought it because it's a cool bike.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

jet sanchEz posted:

Sold both of these recently. The De Rosa was a pretty good fit but I just wasn't riding it enough. The Land Shark was always a bit too small, I just bought it because it's a cool bike.

hnnnnnng

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

jet sanchEz posted:

v cool whips

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Prof. Crocodile posted:

hi tgo, i am visiting from byob and thought i would participate in your local customs by sharing a pic of my bike parked in front of a thing

i removed the handlebar streamers and safety flag to comply with your bike photo rules, but the dork disk stays put :colbert:

Dork Disc are ok™

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Is there some sort of clean way to remove them? I've always just spent 10 minutes hacking away at them with industrial strength scissors or garden shears

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Mauser posted:

Is there some sort of clean way to remove them? I've always just spent 10 minutes hacking away at them with industrial strength scissors or garden shears

Take rear wheel off, remove cassette, remove dork disc.

Assembly is reverse of removal.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Mauser posted:

eventually they will just crack and start rattling around and the sound drives you nuts and then you snap and smash them off with a rock, or maybe that's just me.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Just clip 'em with snips, no need to remove the cassette.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Teh squad

feelix fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 26, 2020

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Art.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Barrel Of Bicycles looks a lot harder than Barrel of Monkeys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I feel like normal people probably see spaghetti wheels and tubes, but that's a pretty intelligible blob if you're keying on frame triangles and cassettes like an actual bike nerd.