Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

goethe.cx posted:

oh come on, the only real opportunity to expand voting rights under obama was the few months they had 60 votes in the senate. they should have done it but we have the benefit of hindsight

hey remind me what did a democratic trifecta do to a voter registration program after a republican said "HEY THEY MIGHT BE REGISTERING BLACK PEOPLE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

hey remind me what did a democratic trifecta do to a voter registration program after a republican said "HEY THEY MIGHT BE REGISTERING BLACK PEOPLE"

Falling for O'Keefe's scam will one day be looked at as the most embarrassing thing a government ever did. It's clownish to look at now. It's basically all loving Kuleshov effect where they show him walking down the STREET in a pimp coat and so you infer that he's obviously wearing it in the office and yet look at how these people are talking him seriously

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

so just to be clear, the own here is 'actually the lady that protected Floyd's killer spoke earlier than you're assuming, even closer to when his family spoke'?

dont bother replying to pick

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
God forbid someone listens to what was apparently one of the only people here who actually watched the loving thing.

If you're willing to spend thousands of posts talking about the election, it seems bizarre not to watch the convention speeches. This is literally the Democratic Party laying out its platform, it was pretty clear what they stood for. They made it very clear they care about the post office, the health impacts of the pandemic, wanton murders of Black people, and whether kids have food. They mentioned these things so often it was almost annoying, but God help me if I don't support kids getting food.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1295562738400362497?s=20

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Pick posted:

God forbid someone listens to what was apparently one of the only people here who actually watched the loving thing.

If you're willing to spend thousands of posts talking about the election, it seems bizarre not to watch the convention speeches. This is literally the Democratic Party laying out its platform, it was pretty clear what they stood for. They made it very clear they care about the post office, the health impacts of the pandemic, wanton murders of Black people, and whether kids have food. They mentioned these things so often it was almost annoying, but God help me if I don't support kids getting food.

That was Amy's message, yes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Not a road I would go down, Donald.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I actually think a lot of you were too intimidated by the idea that you might agree with these people to actually watch the stream. In 2016, I remember a lot of the Dnd people got together to watch the conventions, so I really don't know what happened. I assumed that this thread would be incredibly busy today.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

My Cuomo Number is 3.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1295557119098454016

Such posting :swoon:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Pick posted:

please tell me that lori lightfoot said something about how awful it is when black kids get killed, pick

it will make me so happy, you have no idea

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's weird when you're hyper sensitive to Kasich Reaching out to Republicans, but you literally didn't recognize when Michelle Obama was directly reaching out to you. And weirdly, I think the former governor of Ohio was more effective in his entreaty than the former First Lady was to you. Which kind of goes to show why they took a certain approach?

I figured I might be one of the only people who took the day off to watch the council sessions, but I am legitimately surprised that I appear to be one of the only people who actually watched the core programming.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also I'm pretty sure I was, because otherwise I would've seen more people complaining about Pete being in the Black council web conference earlier today. And Rice in the ethnic council (their council titles).

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Kennel posted:

When you think about it, Trump is basically Job.

i mean, god did give Job a new wife and new kids after the first set didn't work out

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/anniekarni/status/1295564683164950529

hahhaha hahahahaha

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

I watched the whole thing. Don't let Pick con you into wasting 2 hours of your life.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Television is for old people, Pick.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The future of the party.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Television is for old people, Pick.

I'm an LGBT woman with severe hereditary health problems, the outcome of this election affects me.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Way more people have died under my watch than I am given credit for. Some people say it's twice as many. You wouldn't believe how many.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The future of the party.

Congratulations to Congressman-elect Sandmann on his walk-off victory because all his opponents and their voters knifed eachother to death for being impure.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

Congratulations to Congressman-elect Sandmann on his walk-off victory because all his opponents and their voters knifed eachother to death for being impure.

if only we'd had a couple more anti-abortion and pro-cops murdering black people speakers at the DNC, this tragic outcome could have been prevented

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

it really is just a sad red meat jerk off sessions for the base and no one else.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Setec_Astronomy posted:

I watched the whole thing. Don't let Pick con you into wasting 2 hours of your life.

Most of it was pretty quick and forgettable, including Kasich, but if you didn't tune in and want to see the only good stuff just watch Bernie + Michelle.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

How are u posted:

Most of it was pretty quick and forgettable, including Kasich, but if you didn't tune in and want to see the only good stuff just watch Bernie + Michelle.

Honestly Michelle Obama seemed like suicidally depressed I thought.

The line about packing food for dinner and breakfast if necessary to stand in line to vote was... oof.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think there's any amount of context that would make putting Amy "Derek Chauvin did nothing wrong" (Disclaimer: This is not an actual quotation and is not intended to be represented as such) Klobuchar on stage the same night they had George Floyd's family speak about police brutality not an utterly disgusting act on the DNC's part.

Though, honestly, between this and them picking Harris, I don't think Klob letting Chauvin and all those other cops off the hook for murder when she was county attorney actually hurt her chances of being picked for VP. That literally did not matter to them; it was either always going to be Harris, or Klobuchar actually still had a shot and blew it by backing down when her record was getting attention. The Democrats just do not see the problem there, which is why the current VP choice is someone who's going to have that same problem except many times worse because she was DA for San Francisco and AG for California for more time total than Klob was a county attorney.

Also what the gently caress is this.
https://twitter.com/b8tch_updates/status/1295562551250448385

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

My Pillow guys is gonna do 30 minutes at the RNC, follow by an hour long Goya commercial

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Honestly Michelle Obama seemed like suicidally depressed I thought.

She was absolutely feeling the tragedy of the past 4 years and wore it openly. It was a really good speech.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I don’t know whether to hate that his aggressive pr offensive has worked or to take this as a sign that Trumpism is down to the absolute dregs of the party and even vilerat’s mom won’t return their calls.

How long ago was that boarding school nazi kid thing, anyway? It feels like years.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

How are u posted:

She was absolutely feeling the tragedy of the past 4 years and wore it openly. It was a really good speech.

I agree, but it was definitely a "vote-or-die" speech not a "yay" speech.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Guze posted:

My Pillow guys is gonna do 30 minutes at the RNC, follow by an hour long Goya commercial

Clint Eastwood yelling at a can of Bush's baked beans for an hour.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Pick posted:

I'm an LGBT woman with severe hereditary health problems, the outcome of this election affects me.

Arent you also rich and white irl?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
i mean, it tracks, kasich had reason to rejoice because he has a home again, michelle was being asked to speak on behalf of a guy who got his position by saying her husband ought to be fetching his betters coffee back in 2007

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm not sure "Vote-Or-Die" is something you should try to be putting all your eggs in given how well it worked out the last time. And the time before that.

It seems like kind of a historically losing strategy.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How are u posted:

She is seeing that everywhere the old order passes away as a new world struggles to come into being and notices the variety of morbid symptoms that appear. I’m hosed up about it too, and I didn’t even like the old world that much!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blockade posted:

ah I shall bribe my dna into producing missing proteins with wads of fat slavic cash. and an aftermarket y-chromosome if it's got the right silk road connect

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

i mean, it tracks, kasich had reason to rejoice because he has a home again, michelle was being asked to speak on behalf of a guy who got his position by saying her husband ought to be fetching his betters coffee back in 2007

Now be fair, Mr Balls, I think the coffee line was from Bill "first black president" Clinton

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1295544938768281600?s=21

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Blockade posted:

That's called being in the small group of people who get to enjoy Biden's "healthcare" plan.

E: I'm lot even trolling here. People look out for their own interests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Hey what's wrong with unfrosted pop-tarts