Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Here's a place for your adventure animals. Post your adventure dogs, cats, etc that you take on your outdoor excursions. Pups in tents, cats in hammocks, surfing dogs, parrots riding on your backpack ... if you have a pet that you take on adventures with you ... lets see em! Discuss things pertaining to bringing your pets outdoors like first aid, gear such as harnesses and leashes, how to backpack with your dogs you name it.

I'll start. This is Stanley. He's a 5 year old Vizsla. We started him hiking when he was 3 months old. We live in Washington state so he has lots of opportunity to get out. I hunt grouse and pheasants with him, we snowshoe together. He LOVES swimming after fish in rivers and streams. If he sees fish under the water, he'll swim for hours, sometimes he'll point them. He comes with me when we go off-roading but he's not as much of a fan because he just wants to get out and run. He's a huge goofball once he gets to know you but he's very weary of strangers so we tend to avoid really busy trails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Aww yeah, pack dog. We're talking about a lighter weight model for our next tent warmer

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Lol. At least mine was a puppy back then. I can't imagine packing him now at 60lbs.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
petitioning my wiener be the official thread header

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Also you guys carrying the dogs on your back crack me up. I do also have this though in case of an emergency: https://fidoprotection.com/

spwrozek fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 11, 2020

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

So majestic. So regal.

Not my dog. Client dog.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

From 2016:

Tomorrow, we set out to revisit this same location—our first trip four years ago. Sadly, the pointer mix will be traveling with us for the last time.

Cancer, last year; did everything we could and still lost him before his 8th birthday. Thought we’d have a lot more adventures together than we got, glad for the times we had.

MistressMeeps
Dec 27, 2017

Bottom Liner posted:

petitioning my wiener be the official thread header

I second this! Great picture.

MistressMeeps
Dec 27, 2017
Adventure pup

He's faster than my mountain bike and also a goober.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The braaap crate training method

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Walter has boundary issues and I give no fucks

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

By the way, if you want your adventure buddy to forever be immortalized on your rap sheet, the kitty 6er thread is here in TGO!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3917226

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yes sir, and our dog is always on lead, and we pick up every poo.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Wiener dog glamping

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Ropes4u posted:

Wiener dog glamping

:allears:

Ghosty
Aug 13, 2020

This idiot decided that a leaky trough was a great place for a nap.

Sorry for the poo poo quality, I didn’t plan on taking pictures.

Luckily, there was a river about 20 minutes down the bridleway she cleaned off in.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Puppy's first river.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

2020, four years later

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
I always like when dogs are in the middle of nowhere and just go. "Welp. Laying down right here."

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Contrast that with my old pug who would utterly refuse to lay down on the ground outside, even to the point of falling over because he drifted off while sitting up one night. He had the heart for the outdoors, but the brain and the body just weren’t there.

Thaddius the Large fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 18, 2020

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

When you weigh 11 pounds everyday is an adventure.

Ropes4u fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 18, 2020

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

Ropes4u posted:

When you weigh 11 pounds everyday is an adventure.

11 pounds is pretty heavy for a freg.

The constant look of disappointment on the face of a dachshund never ceases to amuse me.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

11 pounds is pretty heavy for a freg.

The constant look of disappointment on the face of a dachshund never ceases to amuse me.

We laugh at our dogs disappointment all the time

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

If 4000’ of elevation gain doesn’t wear this pup out, I don’t know what will.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

This old dude turned 16 today!

We were camping, that’s an adventure for an old cold wiener dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnnyonetime
Apr 2, 2010

Took my little buddy out to Moab years ago