Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

What if she doesn't want to

She's said before she doesn't want to do wrestling forever. She's been interested in ESPN always, recently she's wanted to do acting and other entertainment work, she's wanted to write. She obviously has her new cookbook she just announced

Just feels weird that after all that, for as long as that's been the case, the default fan response is still "keep her in this industry forever/just move her to the next company"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

WWE have set down the following rules for the Virtual Fan Experience

Do they consider booing the 'wrong' people to be disparaging?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Chris James 2 posted:

She's said before she doesn't want to do wrestling forever. She's been interested in ESPN always, recently she's wanted to do acting and other entertainment work, she's wanted to write. She obviously has her new cookbook she just announced

Just feels weird that after all that, for as long as that's been the case, the default fan response is still "keep her in this industry forever/just move her to the next company"

For me, it's more "I like Renee and would love to see her regularly on something I actually watch." If she has other goals, the best of luck to her in pursuing them, but I can still be hopeful.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Renee is far too talented to be stuck doing wrestling stuff for the rest of her life.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Renee couldn't even figure out who hit Kevin Owens with the pie. She's a failure as a broadcast journalist and AEW deserves somebody with better investigative skills quite frankly!

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah Renee has a natural charisma that can work in a lot of fields. She doesn't need to be a wrestling lifer.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

At the same time, if she wants to still work in the wrestling industry, I think AEW would be the most open to scheduling her around other commitments.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Renee is probably the best interviewer they’ve had since Mean Gene, and they have largely wasted her. Now they are losing her because they pissed off her husband and gave her COVID.

Great work, WWE.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're advertising these $125 2 minute Zoom sessions with Big E but only the people on the left are available.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chris James 2 posted:

Wouldn't shock me if AEW gives her a chance to do more that just whatever she does for them, if she ends up there. And TK obviously has plenty of connections.

If I had to choose though I don't expect her to go to AEW because they already have too much backstage/announcing talent as it is. Unless they give her her own show I guess.

Actually, having Renee do an AEW version of Talking Smack would be incredible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Good time to get out of wrestling since it's all unsafe corona parties.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

They're advertising these $125 2 minute Zoom sessions with Big E but only the people on the left are available.

I don't know if that's how much I'd pay, but I'd certainly pay something to have Bayley make fun of me and then cackle madly.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Imagine paying $125 dollars for a 2-min Zoom call with Seth Rollins lmao

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

extradite THIS! posted:

haha yeah who would ever do that....

*closes zoom call*

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Can't wait for Renee's shoot on WWE.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Renee is a professional broadcaster. Only carnies do shoots.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Aphrodite posted:

Renee is a professional broadcaster. Only carnies do shoots.

Sam Roberts is the last professional broadcast.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

extradite THIS! posted:

"Can I talk to Becky?"
"no"
"..."
"..."
"Am I allowed to leave early?"
"no"
"..."
"..."

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Renee Young eats ground cake

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Good for Renee. Survived the Rona and Vince.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I could see Renee working out some kind of deal to do AEW and other sports broadcasts, especially with AEW being under the TNT/Turner umbrella. A number of guys have been able to work indies and New Japan into their contracts, so there's precedent for some out of the box thinking for anyone else who would want to join the company, too.

But also, good on her if she just gets out and goes to do something entirely different. AEW certainly doesn't NEED another interviewer, even though she is great.

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

I've been watching Renee since she was on The Score here in Canada and drat the WWE is incredibly stupid to let someone that talented leave. I would have thrown absolutely all the money at her to keep her around.

On another note, it dawned on me today that if not for the women's division I would probably stop watching WWE entirely. To be honest I already skip all the weekly shows and just follow the results so that I know what's going on to watch the occasional PPV.

But yeah, the women's division is the only thing interesting about the WWE anymore. Even when they use the same tired WWE storylines at least it still feels somewhat fresh because of the personnel involved.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

A Salty Affair posted:

I've been watching Renee since she was on The Score here in Canada and drat the WWE is incredibly stupid to let someone that talented leave. I would have thrown absolutely all the money at her to keep her around.

On another note, it dawned on me today that if not for the women's division I would probably stop watching WWE entirely. To be honest I already skip all the weekly shows and just follow the results so that I know what's going on to watch the occasional PPV.

But yeah, the women's division is the only thing interesting about the WWE anymore. Even when they use the same tired WWE storylines at least it still feels somewhat fresh because of the personnel involved.

even when they humiliate talent for getting over on their own it feels fresh!

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

Alaois posted:

even when they humiliate talent for getting over on their own it feels fresh!

I should clarify that the freshness I mentioned is 100% due to the women and 0% due to WWE. They make me interested in watching their segments/matches in spite of the WWE.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
While it's accurate, it's hilarious that when someone leaves WWE it's like a hostage was just released from a bank heist gone wrong.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/JonMoxley/status/1123438186410205184

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

He’s probably done with wrestling. He’s done it all and is probably retiring to live in the mountains :)

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Renee should just do a shot for shot remake of that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Charly Caruso does stuff for both WWE and ESPN so I'd imagine it would be very feasible for Renee to have a similar kind of deal in AEW if she wanted to

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Triple H is doing a pre-Takeover press availability:

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1296141213934944256?s=21

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Getting covid due to the WWE likely made her decide to leave. Who could blame her? Idiots but lets ignore them, plus as others have said she's a known name so unless she goes to AEW direct she can easily get a job with a major network/channel.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

To prevent anything untoward happening with the virtual fans, they should probably put the fans on a 30 delay. To be safe.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

We're taking it seriously. How many times do I have to say that? A hundred? A thousand? 2? 3? 4? I'll keep saying it.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I loving hate this company

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Somebody should ask if WWE still employ that ex-CIA spook who they supposedly keep around to “look into” these kinds of things

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

He’s probably done with wrestling. He’s done it all and is probably retiring to live in the mountains :)

That's Moxley's video from May 2019; it's not recent.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1296094208860852224

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Red posted:

That's Moxley's video from May 2019; it's not recent.

I was mocking the people from that time who were desperate to believe he wouldn’t leave to go to AEW

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

We will find out tonight just how many people care about the pedophile.

I really, really hope this poo poo tanks tonight.

If not, then HHH is right and business just carries on as usual and the pedophile stays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ICR posted:

We will find out tonight just how many people care about the pedophile.

I really, really hope this poo poo tanks tonight.

If not, then HHH is right and business just carries on as usual and the pedophile stays.

That's why they put him with Balor.