Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Metapod posted:

When I think bay area I think of the goon who just decided one day he was going to March across the US with no training, a baby stroller, and a route that would have him in Texas during the summer despite an entire thread begging him to train, get proper equipment, and take a better path. He didn't make it past the Golden state Bridge before quitting. There's real no point in sharing this i just think about it often.

That thread is still a great read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paperback Writer posted:

until we all got forced to move I guess.

Yeah, I saw that a lot too. I enjoyed my time there and wouldn't have minded staying put so I get it, but I also like Maine a lot and there's no people here so I had a traumatic brain injury on accident and moved back, as you do in situations of that nature

Lockback posted:

hahaha

Maybe on your calendar friend. Free your mind.

I'll have you know my calendar is flat

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Metapod posted:

When I think bay area I think of the goon who just decided one day he was going to March across the US with no training, a baby stroller, and a route that would have him in Texas during the summer despite an entire thread begging him to train, get proper equipment, and take a better path. He didn't make it past the Golden state Bridge before quitting. There's real no point in sharing this i just think about it often.

Lmao, he didnt even make it over the first hill. I've done most of his trip (the part he actually did) and I was tired, but I wasn't passing out levels of tired. Then again, I wasn't pushing a stroller full of water in a national park

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

People from the Bay will poo poo talk Sacramento and then eventually decide to move out to Livermore or Mountain House to buy a house

My wife is from the bay and talked poo poo about Sacramento for so long, but guess who isn't talking poo poo about her house she can actually afford in a nice area!!!

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Also the Golden1 Centers one of the best arenas in the NBA.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Metapod posted:

maybe they're still out there, in parts of the forum i don't read, but i miss this kind of goon

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

The 'Set 'Zette

MC Chris theme song in the works

Metapod posted:

Hilarious FYAD thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720872&perpage=40&noseen=1

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

Lockback posted:

I think it was a grocery cart, but yeah. He also completely refused to learn how to cook and bring a camp stove, he thought he'd be fine eating granola bars and fruit snacks.

Inspiring. I really miss a lot of deep forum lore by never leaving SAS

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Nets are getting the Raptors to try out some super small lineups and they are pretty fun.

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1296176475792723968?s=20

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

MourningView posted:

Inspiring. I really miss a lot of deep forum lore by never leaving SAS

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Lmfao

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
No surprise

https://twitter.com/stephaniesmyth/status/1296176728264658945?s=20

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

lol what a garbage bunch of people

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Quality planning

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/HarrisonSanford/status/1296176762968109056

frank vogel is a hack

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Simpler times:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

hitze posted:

Simpler times:

i think ive seen this with lebron / kyrie, is there a lebron/ad edit yet

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

AggressivelyStupid posted:

i think ive seen this with lebron / kyrie, is there a lebron/ad edit yet

I forget what poster made this back in the Cavs LeBron/Kyrie era but someone def made it here after I asked.

I'm kind of shocked a LeBron/Lonzo one wasn't made last year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Lmao, he didnt even make it over the first hill. I've done most of his trip (the part he actually did) and I was tired, but I wasn't passing out levels of tired. Then again, I wasn't pushing a stroller full of water in a national park

Lmfao excellent

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There is a good book they made into a mediore-to-bad movie called "Walk in the Woods" and it actually reminds me a bit of that, like dude nearly died on the first leg of the hike.

*hopes the lurking-only poster who I nearly died with on a hike doesn't see this post*

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

There is a good book they made into a mediore-to-bad movie called "Walk in the Woods" and it actually reminds me a bit of that, like dude nearly died on the first leg of the hike.

*hopes the lurking-only poster who I nearly died with on a hike doesn't see this post*

Bill Bryson was 1000x more prepared for that hike that the goon was. I was actually kinda impressed the goon got as many miles as he did each day but it basically killed him.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

Bay Area is a place I have visited that I feel like I could enjoy living at so I understand. And it seems to not be their only income.

I spent some time there last year and it was ok, but too many people for my liking and way too expensive. Just about every restaurant was hiring workers but I assume they couldn't hire anyone because those jobs don't pay enough for the workers to actually live in the area.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 19, 2020

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

swaggyp_skeptical_face.jpg

Rick posted:

I've always wanted to do the Hayduke trail but mailing supplies in advance or preplanning stashes is way too much for me.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

:shuckyes: https://tradenba.com/trades/HuSrWkDQc

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

there's gotta be an easier way to reunite wiggins and embiid

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

This website is great. Love to read those top rated trades

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

NickRoweFillea posted:

This website is great. Love to read those top rated trades

Yeah I check it pretty regularly because the trades are so funny

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I’m so loving mad about this bullshit sheriff poo poo.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Katana_Warrior posted:

there's gotta be an easier way to reunite wiggins and embiid

bing bong, so simple who says no

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Stevie Lee posted:

bing bong, so simple who says no

ben simmons and wiggins on the same team lol

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

OK but we are allowed to be quick to judge based on the multiple angles of video with audio, right?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

being black is an act of aggression according to the police

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Metapod posted:

One of the greatest threads ever

I think it’s goldmined still

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I never even liked the sixers

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

euphronius posted:

Lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

Lmao

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
embiid looks sad af

e: not the gdt, but still, they were playing 1v5 for most of the time he was in for the 3rd quarter.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Sixers now 1-5 in the playoffs since Joel Embiid ran around like an airplane in game 3 of the second round.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

BWV posted:

Sixers now 1-5 in the playoffs since Joel Embiid ran around like an airplane in game 3 of the second round.

Ironic that he’s had to play twin tower ball all year after that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

If the Sixers’ meltdown continues I figure the likeliest move is Horford to a western contender who bows out in the second round/earlier than they want. Houston or an LA team. The only eastern playoff team that needs a big and has wings to shed is Boston and that seems...unlikely. Though Hayward for Horford actually makes some sense