Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

How is it that Renee is able to just give her notice and leave? I assume there's some difference in the type of contract she has versus a wrestler's contract? Otherwise, FTR would've just given their notice and left instead of trying to get released forever.

correct. she is/was an employee, not an independent contractor. same reason why mox was mooching off of her great health insurance and benefits lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

yea ok posted:

correct. she is/was an employee, not an independent contractor. same reason why mox was mooching off of her great health insurance and benefits lol

Ahh that makes sense. Mox getting health insurance coverage from them after leaving is maybe my favorite wrinkle in any story of anyone leaving this company.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Benne posted:

Riho drew ratings and Shida isn't, in case that's the assumption you're making

I'm not really making any assumption on that and like I don't know how to compare those ratings when there's so many other variables. I for one find quarter rating analysis to be really dumb. I'm just pointing out that they have a healthy, talented, charismatic, and present champ and like nothing's really changed in how they book her or the division. But the Baker stuff shows you CAN build up someone even with limitations. For whatever reason AEW isn't doing that and doesn't generally do it with the women. I don't think its really gonna change until that does.

I don't think WWE does much better, but they just have more of it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Shida vs. Ford gained viewers. Give Shida something to work with and she'll do fine, but there just isn't anybody for her to wrestle right now. I think her murdering jobbers is good TV, but it keeps dying a death in the ratings.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Benne posted:

For all that people bitched about Riho being a part-timer she had such a naturally loveable persona and was massively over. She popped off the TV screen like a star in a way that Shida doesn't

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

extradite THIS! posted:

Big E might possibly be the only one who’d make it actually worth the $125 but he’s not available even though they use his face to advertise it. Well maybe Bayley? Who the gently caress wants to speak with Braun Strowman

he's $150 on cameo. apparently he's made over 100k doing the drat things

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

Ahh that makes sense. Mox getting health insurance coverage from them after leaving is maybe my favorite wrinkle in any story of anyone leaving this company.

Maria Kanellis getting WWE to pay for her to go to college while she was working pretty much everywhere (ROH, New Japan, Impact) but WWE is still my favourite.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Renee probably still has a contract even though she’s an employee. Most likely she’s got a deal coming up and she just told them she’s not renewing

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

For all that people bitched about Riho being a part-timer she had such a naturally loveable persona and was massively over. She popped off the TV screen like a star in a way that Shida doesn't

Riho Lesnar didn't show up for work today....

Riho does have a legitimate star quality that as of yet hasn't been revealed in Shida but in all fairness to Shida, she's spent pretty much all of her quest to the top, her win and her title reign in the covid era.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Rarity posted:

Shida hasn't had a crowd for the vast majority of her run. Of course she hasn't popped.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Big E go on Cold Ones

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rarity posted:

WWE have set down the following rules for the Virtual Fan Experience

but can I wear my Nation of Domination or Retribution attire?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Everybody should wear their Corre t-shirts.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gonna wear a Dean Ambrose shirt.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MJeff posted:

Shida vs. Ford gained viewers. Give Shida something to work with and she'll do fine, but there just isn't anybody for her to wrestle right now. I think her murdering jobbers is good TV, but it keeps dying a death in the ratings.

honestly the AEW women's division took a hit already with Kylie leaving and took more hits with Riho/Yuka going back to Japan for now, Bea probably done, and Kris getting injured right at she was white hot. Thankfully they saw the potential in people like Big Swole and had the foresight to hire people like Anna Jay, Abadon, and (I think?) Diamente to help stop the bleeding.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/FinnBalor/status/1296191535319523331?s=20

Big potential for turning Dream is a pedophile heat into an angle!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Lynch with some of the worst patter imaginable on twitter rn

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I forgot Finn existed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Shida hasn't had a crowd for the vast majority of her run. Of course she hasn't popped.

It wasn't there before COVID either while Riho had it from day 1. I'm not saying Shida's bad by any stretch but right now she feels more like the division workhorse than the star. And that's still a really good spot to be in, I just don't feel like she's got the charisma to carry the division. Not in the way that Riho (and Nyla too tbf) does.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Rarity posted:

It wasn't there before COVID either while Riho had it from day 1. I'm not saying Shida's bad by any stretch but right now she feels more like the division workhorse than the star. And that's still a really good spot to be in, I just don't feel like she's got the charisma to carry the division. Not in the way that Riho (and Nyla too tbf) does.

I get what you're saying. I just think Shida could have been that compete package if crowds were still a thing partly because she's a workhorse. Angry Shida is an exciting thing and we're missing a lot of energy in those moments right now. In an alternate universe people talking poo poo and Shida coming out with some fearsome knees is getting reactions.

I do agree though that Nyla could have carried this situation better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

he's $150 on cameo. apparently he's made over 100k doing the drat things

His price used to be like $60 but he had to raise it because he couldn't keep up with the requests at that price.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/heymanhustle/status/1296200599776776192?s=21
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEFgcVzhAo0/

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I forgot Finn existed

must be weird to find out you have so much in common with vince

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I get what you're saying. I just think Shida could have been that compete package if crowds were still a thing partly because she's a workhorse. Angry Shida is an exciting thing and we're missing a lot of energy in those moments right now. In an alternate universe people talking poo poo and Shida coming out with some fearsome knees is getting reactions.

I do agree though that Nyla could have carried this situation better.

I think the difference is, when Shida gives developing wrestlers any offense at all it brings her aura down, while just the nature of Riho’s character and her size makes her work against anyone.

But I dunno I prefer Shida overall but that is just because that type of wrestler is more of what I am into.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Did anybody else initially read this as I own Renee

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dangerous Person posted:

Did anybody else initially read this as I own Renee

Yup!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gonzo McFee posted:

I forgot Finn existed

His NXT retirement plan is working

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

YOu owe everyone, Paul! You've stolen hundreds of thousands of dollars from naive people who believed in your visions and you abandoned them and act like nothing happened. haha

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gonzo McFee posted:

I forgot Finn existed
He's patient zero of Fienditis

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you have a lot of money now and never paid back anyone Paul Heyman. ;)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Remember when they brought in Devitt and Kevin Steen and El Generico and Shinsuke Nakamura, and people were really excited about a brand new era of WWE, and now everyone is just 5 years older

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

extradite THIS! posted:

Does anyone have the gif of Renee slappin the table on Talking Smack? I’m trying to find it and failing

shinjobi had an av of it once, I think.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Going back a ways to Renee chat:

I'm a little sad that we never got to see 'heel' Renee. She is so charismatic, that I think it would have worked.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

BrigadierSensible posted:

Going back a ways to Renee chat:

I'm a little sad that we never got to see 'heel' Renee. She is so charismatic, that I think it would have worked.

They would have made her a Stephanie like annoying as gently caress heel who unlike Steaphanie would be put in her place repeatedly.

I'd say everyone dodged a bullet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is there anyone this guy doesn't owe

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Benne posted:

Remember when they brought in Devitt and Kevin Steen and El Generico and Shinsuke Nakamura, and people were really excited about a brand new era of WWE, and now everyone is just 5 years older

We were excited at the prospect of WWE having gotten the rights to Bullet Club...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

We were excited at the prospect of WWE having gotten the rights to Bullet Club...

speak for yourself

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gonzo McFee posted:

I forgot Finn existed

Sounds like it's the right time to put him in a feud with Corbin!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1296239099750359040

Gargano kept wrestling after this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Remember when Kevin Owens spent like a month falling off everything to put over Braun Strowman and then Braun's cash-in ended in a no contest.