Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

CBJSprague24 posted:

Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins
Matiss Kivlenieks
Veini Vehvilainen
Daniil Tarasov

I'll never get over Matiss Kivlenieks sounding like some Hunger Games fanfic name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

i am the bird posted:

purvis javelinsson
skorple nungnots
pratzval dunklermintz
listuss shorngentarn

Slab Bulkhead
Fist Rockbone
Slate Slabrock
Crud Bonemeal
Big McLargeHuge

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.

grack posted:

Slab Bulkhead
Fist Rockbone
Slate Slabrock
Crud Bonemeal
Big McLargeHuge

Bob Johnson. Wait...

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

AsInHowe posted:

welcome Boston

Do we even have mods anymore?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

AsInHowe posted:

welcome Boston

How can one man continue to be wrong about everything?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Welcome Carolina

they got screwed by Boston not giving a poo poo in the RR

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

Keeping Anderson was the right call at the time knowing what we knew then. Wild Bill looked like he was a bottom 6 center who could play on the PK at the time. In hindsight, it's ugly, though.

Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins
Matiss Kivlenieks
Veini Vehvilainen
Daniil Tarasov

...why, what ever do you mean?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

i am the bird posted:

purvis javelinsson
skorple nungnots
pratzval dunklermintz
listuss shorngentarn

Look, it's cheating if you just copy names from our prospects list

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Getting to look like that Eddie Izzard bit about Englebert Humperdinck itt.

SLUT BUMWALLA

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The biggest problem with signing Strome long term is that even tho the rangers rebuild is clearly accelerated and nobody would blame them for ending it after getting 2nd, and 1st overall, theres no point locking these guys down long term at the expense of playing young talent. I’m sure they are already reevaluating the Kreider deal. Not that anyone hates having depth on the wing but in a rebuild poo poo can change on the dime (like getting the first overall)

The Rangers have crazy buyout penalties next year and will have a massive amount of salary coming off the books in two years. Lock guys down then, hit the free agency market with force, and start to build a contending team. But for now let Strome, DeAngelo, and maybe even Fast walk and get payouts somewhere else.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Jesus, it's Bloody Wednesday today

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

WeaponX posted:

Plz god no. Panarin will be fine playing with another center is swear.

Unfortunately not a great center UFA class

But let Gorton work some trade magic or put Chytil in the top six or anything but give Ryan Strome that amount of money. And I love underachieving-former-high pick guys like Strome because you can get them cheap and they have great potential and pedigree, but when you start giving them massive term (after playing with elite talent) you are piling on a ton of risk.

I think there's some expectations of Morgan Barron to potentially fill that role, but it wouldn't hurt to have Strome around for another year, then trade him at the deadline or let him walk in UFA if someone steps up. I feel like they really need a part of the future in that role next to Panarin sooner rather than later.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
gently caress Boston, but at least I was spared having to watch the game by having a terrible day otherwise!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DJExile posted:

Hi chicago

Hi Im still mad at Edmonton for sucking more than I ever imagined they could suck and costing us a chance at a good pick to fix this old busted almost Detroit-like team.

Im going to miss Crawford, dude has quietly been one of the best goalies in the league for a while now. :(

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Hey LAS, did you hear Kadri has 0 penalty minutes so far this postseason? :lol:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

I mean, he's not playing against a team that's constantly targeting him with vicious crosschecks that go uncalled because the director of hockey ops has a soft spot for them and all their lovely dirty players.

Kadri rules and I'm very happy to see him succeed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Hey LAS, did you hear Kadri has 0 penalty minutes so far this postseason? :lol:

That's not surprising since Kadri is a douche who goons it up when he's losing, and well...

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Aphrodite posted:

That's not surprising since Kadri is a douche who goons it up when he's losing, and well...

I don't know what to feel when I agree with you

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Whelp, looking quite likely that I’ll see the Blues here Friday. After the 3rd straight goal was let in we just turned off the game. They’re way too inconsistent right now, if they kept playing their game there was no reason for them to lose that game.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

WeaponX posted:

The biggest problem with signing Strome long term is that even tho the rangers rebuild is clearly accelerated and nobody would blame them for ending it after getting 2nd, and 1st overall, theres no point locking these guys down long term at the expense of playing young talent. I’m sure they are already reevaluating the Kreider deal. Not that anyone hates having depth on the wing but in a rebuild poo poo can change on the dime (like getting the first overall)

The Rangers have crazy buyout penalties next year and will have a massive amount of salary coming off the books in two years. Lock guys down then, hit the free agency market with force, and start to build a contending team. But for now let Strome, DeAngelo, and maybe even Fast walk and get payouts somewhere else.

I dont' think they're re-evaluating the Kreider deal at all. They knew exactly what they were getting/what they wanted when they re-signed him.Getting a 1st overall LW doesn't really change that. Maybe it makes it more likely that Kreider is traded in 3-4 years or whenever his NTC loosens up but a huge part of why they kept him is his mentorship of other players and leadership, as well as he's still a drat good winger

I'd suspect they aren't keen on giving Strome a huge payday, but from what little I've heard they're not keen on trading DeAngelo either. They're not gonna let the 4th highest scoring D this year "walk" this poo poo is ridiculous.

Zodijackylite posted:

I think there's some expectations of Morgan Barron to potentially fill that role, but it wouldn't hurt to have Strome around for another year, then trade him at the deadline or let him walk in UFA if someone steps up. I feel like they really need a part of the future in that role next to Panarin sooner rather than later.

Barron's more a wing and he's probably not top six material
Either Chytil is going to step up or they're going to get a longer term 2nd line center elsewhere

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Levitate posted:

I dont' think they're re-evaluating the Kreider deal at all. They knew exactly what they were getting/what they wanted when they re-signed him.Getting a 1st overall LW doesn't really change that. Maybe it makes it more likely that Kreider is traded in 3-4 years or whenever his NTC loosens up but a huge part of why they kept him is his mentorship of other players and leadership, as well as he's still a drat good winger

Got curious and looked this up. He's got an 11-team NTC right now. As of 2024 it's an NMC with a 15 team NTC. Deal runs to 2027.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

I'd suspect they aren't keen on giving Strome a huge payday, but from what little I've heard they're not keen on trading DeAngelo either. They're not gonna let the 4th highest scoring D this year "walk" this poo poo is ridiculous.

Barron's more a wing and he's probably not top six material
Either Chytil is going to step up or they're going to get a longer term 2nd line center elsewhere

Didn’t say they will let DeAngelo walk, it’s clear the Rangers really like him- I said they should. I don’t think he is a bad player it’s just a matter or term.

And stop it if you think that the Rangers aren’t at least side-eying the Kreider contract now that they have Panarin and Laf on wing. I doubt they regret it since they gave him that term on their own accord (and they love him) but becoming “more likely” that they trade him a few years into the contract is re-evaluating.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh whoops, Kreider goes to a full NMC next year until 2024, then it's the 15 team NTC.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

http://www.wbspenguins.com/2020/08/20/penguins-sign-felix-robert-and-luke-stevens/

Hmm, I wonder which scout decided to scout Kevin Stevens son?

Kevin Stevens is a Pens scout now.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

WeaponX posted:

Didn’t say they will let DeAngelo walk, it’s clear the Rangers really like him- I said they should. I don’t think he is a bad player it’s just a matter or term.

You said it this way which is why I thought you were advocating for letting him just walk:

quote:

But for now let Strome, DeAngelo, and maybe even Fast walk and get payouts somewhere else

I could see them try to squeeze DeAngelo for another bridge-ish contract or something but he earned a payday so that's the tough part about it.

quote:

And stop it if you think that the Rangers aren’t at least side-eying the Kreider contract now that they have Panarin and Laf on wing. I doubt they regret it since they gave him that term on their own accord (and they love him) but becoming “more likely” that they trade him a few years into the contract is re-evaluating.

I think it may change how they viewed their depth at that position down the road but I think that contract was always with the idea in mind of either trading him or buying out the contract in the later years. Maybe this makes them think of utilizing him and his contract differently but I doubt they're that worried about it. More likely I bet they see this as a good problem to have rather than a problem.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Kreider on the 3rd line is actually pretty nice if Laffy pans out.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

I think it may change how they viewed their depth at that position down the road but I think that contract was always with the idea in mind of either trading him or buying out the contract in the later years. Maybe this makes them think of utilizing him and his contract differently but I doubt they're that worried about it. More likely I bet they see this as a good problem to have rather than a problem.

I agree that it is a good problem, I don’t think the Rangers are upset with having depth on the wings. I just really doubt that a GM would give someone term and many years with NMC with the idea in mind that they would trade or buyout. Of course they consider it, but it is never the intended purpose. A buyout, even when it’s the best available option, is a failure of roster management.

I just don’t want to see a team that can essentially get any FA they want, any year they want, get stuck in cap hell.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

WeaponX posted:

I agree that it is a good problem, I don’t think the Rangers are upset with having depth on the wings. I just really doubt that a GM would give someone term and many years with NMC with the idea in mind that they would trade or buyout. Of course they consider it, but it is never the intended purpose. A buyout, even when it’s the best available option, is a failure of roster management.

I just don’t want to see a team that can essentially get any FA they want, any year they want, get stuck in cap hell.

I kinda doubt GMs see buyouts that way. You see contracts specifically structured now to allow for minimal cap hit in a buyout. I'd guess they see it as a tool to use when they need to

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Could listen to JR defending Johnson all day

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1296507882528276497?s=21

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Lol he just won’t let this go and he keeps making it worse!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Fam, lemme tell you, it's rough liking all the red-and-white NHL teams sometimes.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Hello friends

Goodbye Reirden

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Fire Reirden

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
greetings fellow losers

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Probably shoulda just, like.

Paid Trotz, guys.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Why WAS he scratched in the playoffs two years ago, JR?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/BlueshirtsBreak/status/1296635075409448961

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ll be rooting for the Islanders going forward. gently caress it, lets see Barry get another one, he’s such a big loveable goof.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hey, yeah, do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I’d settle for Laviolette but yeah if they don’t hire either of those two guys just lol forever. Their stars are old and maybe only have 1 or 2 more real shots at it, get a good coach! It worked out last time!