Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Golden Bee posted:

It’s ironic Pat has a prince gimmick because he’s a symbol of what’s wrong with WWE. Sorry I used all my good jokes already

Wait:
* it’s weird after so many wrestling weddings the most controversial person’s involved in grooming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Some footage of the THUNDERDOME being installed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPH-gVzZH_w&t=4s

To no surprise, it's the exact same main stage used for all shows. Just surrounded by LED

So people tune in for five minutes to see what it looks like and then bail when the content is the same garbage is before? Cool plan

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://youtu.be/qa1t2xB8ZhY

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

https://youtu.be/qa1t2xB8ZhY

Sorry if this has already been posted.

It was made by a goon!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
It gave me a hearty lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Regarding Dream, who are you gonna believe? The guy making the claims about him, or the guy who lied and said they investigated thoroughly even though they didn't make contact with the guy making the claims about him? :smugbert:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Golden Bee posted:

It’s ironic Pat has a prince gimmick because he’s a symbol of what’s wrong with WWE. Sorry I used all my good jokes already
Maybe he should've had a Michael Jackson gimmick instead.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Cavauro posted:

a lot of cincinnati bengals legends get into minor league wrestling

Yeah but Chris Henry wasn't made to be a high flyer.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
This American remake of the BBC's response to Jimmy Savile sucks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

This American remake of the BBC's response to Jimmy Savile sucks.

God help me for saying it but please don't compare Dream to Jimmy Saville, if only because it would paint Saville in a more favorable light.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Jerusalem posted:

Regarding Dream, who are you gonna believe? The guy making the claims about him, or the guy who lied and said they investigated thoroughly even though they didn't make contact with the guy making the claims about him? :smugbert:

Which one is taller, and therefore more worthy of my respect?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Well, Jahxzine Rykcker (sp?) had a strong political view (which sucked of course) and he was taken off tv, so maybe if the Velveteen Dream said a bad political view, he wouldn’t be with the company anymore.

But all he did was groom and be a super pedophile and creeper, so he should be fine.

(But really, just have him form a tag team with Jordan Devlin at this point). Because yeah, Devlin is still employed with the WWE when, and I poo poo you not, every other independent wrestling company has removed him from their promotion. Every. Single. One. Except. The. WWE.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lol a change.org petition about Velveteen Dream, but it’s got 1300 signatures

https://www.change.org/p/wwe-fire-a...64-7f69fd714208

They really need to go after the sponsors now.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

At least the Performance Center finally proved they can groom someone for the big stage

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dango Bango posted:

At least the Performance Center finally proved they can groom someone for the big stage

Holy poo poo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is there anyone this guy doesn't owe

catching up on the thread and just wanted to say I appreciated this excellent post, friend

Dango Bango posted:

also this one holy gently caress lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.usanetwork.com/schedule?sdate=536400&show_time=primetime NXT will be on Tuesday Sept 1, not Wednesday Sept 2, due to NHL playoffs

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

Goddamn hahahaha

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Deadspin: WWE Allows Alleged Child Sex Predator to Waltz Back Into the Ring Like Nothing Happened https://deadspin.com/wwe-allows-alleged-child-sex-predator-to-waltz-back-int-1844787991/

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So was Dream really in a car accident or was that just an excuse to take him off tv for a bit

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Deadspin: WWE Allows Alleged Child Sex Predator to Waltz Back Into the Ring Like Nothing Happened https://deadspin.com/wwe-allows-alleged-child-sex-predator-to-waltz-back-int-1844787991/

Yaaasssss

Dango Bango posted:

BIG YAAASSSS

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

So was Dream really in a car accident or was that just an excuse to take him off tv for a bit

it was a minor collision but it weren't no accident. ha ha ha, about the pedophile.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

more like "Deadspin starts back up after firing all their editorial staff like nothing happened"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Julio Cruz posted:

more like "Deadspin starts back up after firing all their editorial staff like nothing happened"

:drat:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Johnny, Ibushi and Naito three way, who would survive? Good/scary match. The fact that the really scary spot happened in a commercial picture in picture was nuts although they did at least bother to replay it on the return.

Dakota Kai vs Jessi Kamea was a good match. Tegan is a geek who my first inclination is to boo the heck out of her because her character is so gullible but it ultimately is impossible to not find her endearing. I thought the Adam Cole/McAfee angle was good. Smol HBK as "only face because the other guy is such a huge dick" is working for me and at least on the mic McAfee is good. The show could have ended at that point honestly. The second half feels very much like just a normal WWE show and one with the third string writers on it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's pre-taped too so they chose to put it in PIP.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I enjoyed nothing on NXT except the women's tag, I think Shotzi is great and Rhea's powerbomb to the outside was brutal if not a tad hokey. NXT's presentation has been lovely for well over a year, i'm sick of the performance center even with crowds.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah once they went on tv they should have dropped the performance center, it looks sooo bad

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't like the Full Sail crowd but I think they do help get a lot of stuff over on NXT that wouldn't and doesn't get over with the normal crowd. It is funny to imagine them swallowing Face Dexter.

Aphrodite posted:

It's pre-taped too so they chose to put it in PIP.

Which feels like the most WWE thing possible these days.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I enjoyed nothing on NXT except the women's tag, I think Shotzi is great and Rhea's powerbomb to the outside was brutal if not a tad hokey. NXT's presentation has been lovely for well over a year, i'm sick of the performance center even with crowds.

It was a decent match, Shotzi gets better every week and her and Rhea are a really good team. I just dislike the Robert Stone Brand angle so much that I really need to fight my inclination to just fast forward past it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NXT really just shouldn't exist. It's not developing anyone, it's keeping TV ready people off the big show for petty reasons and nothing that happens there matters. At least main roster WWE is an end point for a career, NXT is limbo. It's like if the NBA had sent Zion to arena basketball leagues when they hire new talented people. The women are the only reason I watch, and they are way more likely to be called up or at least interact with stars than the men there who are just hoarded spinning their wheels.

If the guys are happy there then fine, but as a fan I don't want to watch a show that cannot have any stakes, it might as well not even have serialized storylines because nothing that happens in NXT will ever matter once they get to the main roster, IF they even get there.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

That’s my same issue with NXT as well. There’s tons of talent there that should be making up the main roster and were ready before even signing, but they’re either being held in NXT arbitrarily or holding themselves back because they know they don’t fit Vince’s idea of a star.

Ciampa, Gargano, TUE, WALTER, Lee, Ripley, Shirai, etc. are the furthest thing from being “developmental talent”. But if I was them and saw what Vince did to Ricochet, I’d be scared to go up too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dacap posted:

That’s my same issue with NXT as well. There’s tons of talent there that should be making up the main roster and were ready before even signing, but they’re either being held in NXT arbitrarily or holding themselves back because they know they don’t fit Vince’s idea of a star.

Ciampa, Gargano, TUE, WALTER, Lee, Ripley, Shirai, etc. are the furthest thing from being “developmental talent”. But if I was them and saw what Vince did to Ricochet, I’d be scared to go up too.

WALTER at least doesn't want to move to America

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
NXT should return to its proud origin of being the Paul Levesque Vanity Promotion

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Fair enough, but NXT UK is as good as dead and the one time he got a main roster appearance they immediately jobbed him out in the Survivor Series match.

I know he’s not going to be in the US anytime soon until Covid restrictions go away, but right now he’s pretty much being wasted and getting paid not to wrestle.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I think Walter is doing just fine not wrestling if some social media posts are anything to go by

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yeah dude’s just lifting weights and walking his dog, it seems like a pretty good life.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

NXT really just shouldn't exist. It's not developing anyone, it's keeping TV ready people off the big show for petty reasons and nothing that happens there matters. At least main roster WWE is an end point for a career, NXT is limbo. It's like if the NBA had sent Zion to arena basketball leagues when they hire new talented people. The women are the only reason I watch, and they are way more likely to be called up or at least interact with stars than the men there who are just hoarded spinning their wheels.

If the guys are happy there then fine, but as a fan I don't want to watch a show that cannot have any stakes, it might as well not even have serialized storylines because nothing that happens in NXT will ever matter once they get to the main roster, IF they even get there.

Yeah, I agree with a lot of this. NXT as an actual developmental is fun because you get to see people grow up and get better. It's low stakes but cool and in theory gives you the payoff of people making it to the big show, even if WWE didn't always stick that landing. NXT as PWG but 5 years later was fun because it was different from the main roster and good wrestling. Sure it was more Paul's indie action figure collection but it was really good wrestling. The current incarnation of NXT however really can't justify its existence. It's not developmental. No one goes from NXT to a good main roster spot. They keep muddying the roster between the 3 shows. It's really just turning into a 3rd show that has a slightly different group of wrestlers and who cares. NXT has always had warts but it's lost everything that made it interesting, now it's just warts.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
More from Naomi on the New Day podcast

Naomi posted:

This is where Jon [Jimmy Uso] comes in, and he probably saved my drat job. I was so green. I remember one time, I was just new, after practice, I finished and I was like, 'Thank you, bye, I'll see you tomorrow.' I left and everybody is like, 'Where the hell is she going?' I didn't help break down the ring, I wasn't the last one to leave. Practice was over and I thought everyone just left. I didn't know you stay, help, and you need to be the last one out the door, not the first. Jon pulled me to the side and was like, 'You can't leave like that. It's rude, it's disrespectful, you have to make sure your locker room is clean and pay your dues.' He gave me the whole talk and the next day I came back and was so embarrassed because people were talking about it. I had to correct it and apologize. Little lessons like that can mess you up if you don't know."

WWE is a cult

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Imagine that being expected of a pro athlete in any other major sport league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’d imagine most trainees would be happy to help break down the ring after practice if you asked them (most people like to be helpful!) but it’s important to have all these silly unwritten rules just in case anybody feels comfortable at any point in time.