Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

jesus WEP posted:

Tsunderedome

I'd watch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Davros1 posted:

The fact that's it's just a big flat wall is what gets me. Stagger them like normal arena seating.

It kind of looks cool from a wide angle where you can see the screens staggered.

But the main shot just makes it look like a horrible wall of screens. I can't believe they are locked into this concept for 3 months!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That's gonna look so so bad in motion.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Answers Me posted:

Imagine this combined with all the camera zooms and ten cuts a second. I didn't think they could make it even more unwatchable but here we are.

I won't be watching, aside from obvious reasons, I think I would honestly puke. Like, "Hey let's take our usual Blair Witch model of tv production and now add hundreds of differently moving small screens in the background!"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

jesus WEP posted:

Tsunderedome

Ken Akamatsu booking an episode of Raw? I'd watch it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Astro7x posted:

It kind of looks cool from a wide angle where you can see the screens staggered.

But the main shot just makes it look like a horrible wall of screens. I can't believe they are locked into this concept for 3 months!
that actually looks pretty cool and if they could idk move the hard cam way closer to the ring and shoot on a much wider lens it might end up looking a lot better

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I was gonna finish it but I started losing the will to live.

blunt fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 21, 2020

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the nba fans that were mentioned earlier are like 20 people and the quality is total poo poo with them glitching out with 5 fps framerate, i don't trust wwe to improve on it in any way. it's going to look so bad and I'm so here for it (in theory. in practice i will not be watching under threat of ban)

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

it’s gonna be the SmackDown that launched a thousand migraines

although I bet next week there’ll be fewer :angel:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

What the NBA does also looks dumb, but WWE brought it up another level to psychotic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

yea ok posted:

the nba fans that were mentioned earlier are like 20 people and the quality is total poo poo with them glitching out with 5 fps framerate, i don't trust wwe to improve on it in any way. it's going to look so bad and I'm so here for it (in theory. in practice i will not be watching under threat of ban)

This is live video on a screen. It’s nothing especially fancy.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

also the nba calls attention to their fan boards very unfrequently (forgot the word that means opposite of frequently), you know wwe is going to hammer it in our assholes for 2 straight hours, friday night, on the blue brand.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Grendels Dad posted:

I was gonna say, they have a pedophile on NXT and a rapist on Smackdown, both competing for the respective midcard belts iirc. What does RAW have to offer in that regard?

WWE's response to having two sexual predators on one show was to DIVERSIFY! and move one to another show.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Astro7x posted:

shUT THE gently caress UP WHAT THE HELL

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
can't believe my man ryan satin got canned and he still simps full force for wwe

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Astro7x posted:

They have plenty of time to change things around!

Like I'm sure the screens will look cool for entrances. But the big faces against the wrestlers looks terrible. Something has to break that up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

yea ok posted:

also the nba calls attention to their fan boards very unfrequently (forgot the word that means opposite of frequently), you know wwe is going to hammer it in our assholes for 2 straight hours, friday night, on the blue brand.

Yeah, I haven't really watched any games but I've seen clips and watched portions and like... I know they're there but I also kind of don't. They're the opposite of distracting from what I've seen. And this is... something else.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

yea ok posted:

Infrequently

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I will add that the screens will be hugely distracting to the in ring 20 minute scripted promowrestling. As in you won't be able to make heads nor tails of it from the kaleidoscope of bad, possibly glitching webcam faces.

Also, will these heavily screened "fans" who will be told to react "appropriately" be better at doing so than the performance centre people? Coz that was a big thing for me. The performance centre crowd were SO wooden and flat, even when yaying and booing the right people, that it was a legitimate minus.

And finally, remember that someone, probably multiple management layers of someone looked at that wall of screens and said "Yes, this looks good. This is what we were missing. This will bring back the viewers."

And re: paedo groomer being rushed back to TV.

Why is the WWE doubling down on Velveteen Dream of all people? Do they see potential in him? Is/Was he that over? Is he a Vince/Hunter/someone else special project? Coz this is a company that dropped X amount of wrestlers, (dunno the number), like hot potatoes during a pandemic. They have no issue with firing people on a whim. And it would be no skin off their nose to do the same to Dream, hell it would even be a bit of good publicity insomuch as "WWE has a zero tolerance of paedophillia, so we sacked him." press release. There is literally no reason to keep him. Dream is not important enough to WWE for them to risk having a paedo in a position of prominence.

Same questions with Riddle, only replace paedophile with rapist.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 21, 2020

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The bitrate is going to die. The file size for these episodes will be like downloading a whole call of duty game.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It’s going to be psychedelic as gently caress

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think a crappy b-movie about an underground fight tournament held in a space prison would have the same layout as wwe plasmadome

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I haven't really watched any games but I've seen clips and watched portions and like... I know they're there but I also kind of don't. They're the opposite of distracting from what I've seen. And this is... something else.

Yeah; it works in the NBA because it’s not at all the focus, and they also use the boards for usual game ops poo poo, like putting up the name of the person who just scored. The execution is so much better, and even then it’s not that great.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/joegagne/status/1296595513010196480?s=20

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Imagine a world where every time Baron Corbin punches a guy the camera cuts to a fan making a big shocked face. What if I told you that world was a reality and you could see it this week on FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Will they cut to the actual feed of the fan or will a cameraman just point their camera at one of the iPads

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I'm going to at least watch it to see the dumb thing so that's +1 viewer for the thunderdome.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i implore you all. turn off your monitor

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I shall never

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Cavauro posted:

i have a 2 monitor set up with one on and one off i am living in the monitor on/off superstate

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I usually watch via some illegal stream whenever there's a dumb gimmick i wanna take a peek at. This one would destroy the stream, so no watching live.

Maybe this is their plan to defeat TDE once and for all, make it so their computer explodes when trying to gif.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Each week the episode starts with a full board of virtual fans and each time something dumb happens to my friend Drew or Seth starts whining, a bunch of LED boards in the background turn off

As the show goes on there are eventually fewer and fewer virtual fans until by the main event there is only one fan left

The show is no longer named FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN, the new name is Where's Banjo?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1296585897400360960

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MorningMoon posted:

I usually watch via some illegal stream whenever there's a dumb gimmick i wanna take a peek at. This one would destroy the stream, so no watching live.

Maybe this is their plan to defeat TDE once and for all, make it so their computer explodes when trying to gif.

I don’t know much about streaming video, but how is streaming a video recording of multiple screens more bandwidth intense than video of a normal audience?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I don’t know much about streaming video, but how is streaming a video recording of multiple screens more bandwidth intense than video of a normal audience?

It's not. The bitrate of the stream will be fixed so adding all this non-contiguous detail to the background will just make it blockier than normal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is absolutely loving incredible in just how terrible it looks, holy gently caress. Holy gently caress.

Gavok posted:

"Finally, a way for me to cheer on Lars Sullivan in person!"

:vince:

:vince::hf::vince:

Cavauro posted:

Glorious.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Everyone keeps suggesting someone jerks it but it would be far more 2020 if you just replaced your feed with an anime catgirl facerig halfway through

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I say this unironically: Please put vtubers on WWE THUNDERDOME

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Replace the feeds with that gif of R-Truth's dance trail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I woke up from a 2 hour nap, saw 115 missed posts and thought someone died. Turned out that would have been less surreal to see