Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

y'all got 3 brackets in there already. loving glass half empty leftists always want more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

But Chuck, Chucky, Chuck sells gently caress and suck.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
NOooooo JOE!

Harold Fjord has issued a correction as of 21:01 on Aug 20, 2020

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

twoday pulling a Joe Biden-like effort in his tag attribution

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
*sigh*

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lmao

you did your best and tbh no one can really complain about getting a free tag

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The mod pantry is empty. Tag austerity is now in effect.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Excelzior posted:

twoday pulling a Joe Biden-like effort in his tag attribution

now, you listen here, dog-faced pony poster

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Ok most of them are fixed I think, I’ll try to fix the others now where I broke the html

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar
beautiful. a NOJOE! tag to match my NOJOE! spirit

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

cool dance moves posted:

Boomers who dont own any kind of boat but imagine how happy they would be owning a yacht: this is good

we have better boats! *wild applause from the audience in bumfuck, nowhere*

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Build boats back better

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

cool dance moves posted:

Build boats back better

Make the country club exclusive to whites great again!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ6nF6JKtRc

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Can someone post the listless Joe gif again from the DNC? Having trouble finding it.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

the pantry is too bare to fix my tag :(

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/CaseStudyQB/status/1296338351809794048

B-b-but the media said Joe had black people support during the primary!!

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

CheeseSpawn posted:

politically black support

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

CheeseSpawn posted:

casual, evergreen reminder that Mark Blyth predicted this last year and corona hasn't changed anything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwSDszG_HXE

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CheeseSpawn posted:

B-b-but we nominated a woman of color for VP :ohdear:

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Gonna be some real bitter vindication when Trump wins.

But vindication all the same

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
lol no matter what ends up actually happening the dems are going to use the younger poc turnout numbers to justify never engaging with them ever again

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Zvahl posted:

lol no matter what ends up actually happening the dems are going to use the younger poc turnout numbers to justify never engaging with them ever again

If they wanted to be apart of the democratic coalition, they shouldn't have been so racist and also should have been more racist. What I am saying is: they are problematic and sexist.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Venomous posted:

casual, evergreen reminder that Mark Blyth predicted this last year and corona hasn't changed anything

Mark "Vladzilla" Blyth, speaking from just outside Vladivostok, more like it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Venomous posted:

lol can we ludiviko treatment everyone in d&d with this

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Zvahl posted:

i mean they've turned so hard to the right i dont think the message could be any clearer that young black people can get hosed while rich white politicians and celebrities use BLM iconography for their own purposes

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Venomous posted:

this is so spot on.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Venomous posted:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

BillyC posted:

i mean they've turned so hard to the right i dont think the message could be any clearer that young black people can get hosed while rich white politicians and celebrities use BLM iconography for their own purposes

Yeah, if there's one thing the Democratic Primaries should have taught everybody, it's that as far as liberals are concerned, POC, Women, LGBTQ+, Young People, and anyone else who isn't rich white and/or famous are to be viewed as nothing more than fashion accessories - worn to great applause and discarded once no longer convenient.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
last time I ever looked at national polling, younger meant everyone under 45 lol

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Zvahl posted:

Just like leftists and young people. Don't lift a finger to even try attracting these voting blocs to your coalition and then use their apathy as a pretext for why reaching out to them in the future is pointless because "they don't vote".

Besides...they've got to reach out to those truly important Dem demographics, like temporarily embarrassed 2004 neocons and suburban Panera moms.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Just like leftists and young people. Don't lift a finger to even try attracting these voting blocs to your coalition and then use their apathy as a pretext for why reaching out to them in the future is pointless because "they don't vote".

Besides...they've got to reach out to those truly important Dem demographics, like temporarily embarrassed 2004 neocons and suburban Panera moms.

They're the teachers in every kids movie scolding the protagonist because they aren't like the one bootlicker kid that ends up getting his pants pants pulled down by the bully as soon as the main conflict starts

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I misread this as "Pantera moms" and chuckled.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
even jake loving tapper had a comparable analysis of this situation

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Haven't we established that if black people don't vote for Biden, they aren't actually black? I mean, those are the candidate's words, not mine

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I will continue to not vote for Joe Biden despite pathetic attempts by the corrupt D&D mods to silence my NoJoe spirit

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I've been thinking the last few days, I find it really amusing that early on, Bernie's age was one of the various things held against him... and now, the democrats are pushing a guy a year younger, and openly discussing / acknowledging he may not make it the entire first term. Like everyone seems to be totally fine that the democrats are electing someone whose condition is very obviously declining in front of our eyes, and who they fully understand will probably drop dead / step down before his first four years are up, and that the VP pick will end up taking over. This is just something they're cool with. Instead of picking a candidate who may actually survive all four years, we just absolutely must have Joe Biden first for a little while. Joe is just that valuable, that critical, that even if he only survives 20 minutes after swearing his oath of office, drat it, we need that guy in particular.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
When they started talking about bernie being too old early on, I thought the party was gonna steer hard for buttigieg or kopmala. Then they pulled out all the stops for Biden

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Code Jockey posted:

Haven't we established that if black people don't vote for Biden, they aren't actually black? I mean, those are the candidate's words, not mine

listen here jack / you don’t vote for me you’re not black / and you smoke crack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

silicone thrills posted:

When they started talking about bernie being too old early on, I thought the party was gonna steer hard for buttigieg or kopmala. Then they pulled out all the stops for Biden

This was another reason I really thought ratboy was going to be it. If age is such a problem, he was an obvious choice, and I remember a lot of his marketing seemed to push him as a young rising star. It seemed like an intentional counter to the age discussion.

and then it was Joe, lmao