Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

CitizenKain posted:

There is some weird drama about someone named Pokimane and I tried to figure out what its about, read about one paragraph and then I had to stop.

it's a tale as old as time: a young, attractive female has a romantic partner, male fans are now extremely mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

RoboRodent posted:

Pelvic health is important for all vagina-having individuals!
Penis-having individuals also have (smaller) pelvic-floor muscles, and exercising them can help prevent erectile dysfunction!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

OP isn't the idiot.

https://twitter.com/hannah_natanson/status/1295885590190317570

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Public posts, and gently caress this guy and his “I cheated on my wife” Facebook profile.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

chitoryu12 posted:

Public posts, and gently caress this guy and his “I cheated on my wife” Facebook profile.

they should remove his account just based on the profile pic

gently caress. That

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Rob O'Neill, the tough maskless SEAL, got banned from Delta for being drunk and belligerent on a plane lol

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Rob O'Neill, the tough maskless SEAL, got banned from Delta for being drunk and belligerent on a plane lol

https://twitter.com/jkass99/status/1296199792960258048

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I hope Santos is wrong, but I don’t think she will be. Maybe she is the idiot, but maybe the idiot is whoever decided to open Yale for the fall term.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I love that we're at a place in time where we can burn people for killing OBL. It might be the only part of this godforsaken period that is tolerable.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wasn't that photo posted yesterday but with the caption "I don't wear a mask because I'm not a pussy" and the whole joke was the guy in the mask and the USMC hat behind him?

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

it's a tale as old as time: a young, attractive female has a romantic partner, male fans are now extremely mad.

I'm not that familiar with it but she also "apologizes" for saying the n-word several times? Kinda sounds to me like she's trying to launder her past racist statements with "incels are just mad at me cause I have a bf!", similar to Kevin Spacey trying to cover his creepiness with his coming out announcement.

For new content, Netflix is catching heat for advertising a film that critically looks at society's sexualization of young girls by... sexualizing young girls. Qanon groups have been successfully laundering their craziness through #defendthechildren posts on social media lately, so it's really poor timing by Netflix to give them ammo.

https://twitter.com/miggsboson/status/1296495374056775688

https://twitter.com/BrndnStrssng/status/1296520139639263232

Euphoriaphone has a new favorite as of 00:33 on Aug 21, 2020

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Euphoriaphone posted:

I'm not that familiar with it but she also "apologizes" for saying the n-word several times? Kinda sounds to me like she's trying to launder her past racist statements with "incels are just mad at me cause I have a bf!", similar to Kevin Spacey trying to cover his creepiness with his coming out announcement.

This is the first I've heard about the n-word part because I don't follow streamer drama closely. But the "incels mad" part is absolutely happening and seen it covered elsewhere. I also would firmly believe a lot of lovely internet dudes who ordinarily have no issue with slurs would gladly dredge it up to justify being mad at a woman on the internet.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Weird how QAnon will go after that and not pageants full of little white girls. Can't place my finger on why.

But yeah, the imagery is lovely, but it's one in a long list of the exact samethings.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
https://twitter.com/maxwelltani/status/1296266842768650246

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Related:

Not related but :lol:
https://twitter.com/yaesohn/status/1296490086079627264

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

they should remove his account just based on the profile pic

gently caress. That

I agree, Negan is extremely cringe

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I mean, that’s an actual scene from Mignonnes, which is well translated as “Cuties”. The girls are in a dance troupe that, like almost every young girls’ dance troupe, wears overly sexualized costumes and dances like showgirls. This is an actual plot point in the movie, that this is kind of gross and maybe not the best source of personal empowerment for young kids.

Now, it was also a stupid choice for the cover artwork, as opposed to the original. But that’s a different question.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Lmao

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Feminism is when you say women are too hormonal to compete against men and the more women you call hormonal, the feminister you are.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

The link between winning bowling tournaments and military effectiveness is not as apparent as that person thinks it is.

Also, “women and trans men aren’t good at military” is not as feminist as that person may think it is. Neither is “I’m mentally tougher than other women because I was perceived as male and socialized accordingly” very feminist from the other lady.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Buddy, they won't even let me

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I mean, you could just let the individual prove whether they can or cannot accomplish something without setting broad restrictions that prevents people from even being able to try. But why would anyone bother with that when it's easier to categorize and limit people based on their chromosomes.

And if a woman looks too masculine in your opinion? Force her to take genetic testing or ban her from participating!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Todd Barker fistpumps to himself. The clatter of the pins is the applause at the end of another perfect game. Todd turns to find General George S. Patton at the scorecard. He puts a final X through the final box with perfect precision. Military precision.

"Todd," The immortal general's voice is raspy, but still clear and strong. "America could use a man like you."

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

AlbieQuirky posted:

The link between winning bowling tournaments and military effectiveness is not as apparent as that person thinks it is.

Also, “women and trans men aren’t good at military” is not as feminist as that person may think it is. Neither is “I’m mentally tougher than other women because I was perceived as male and socialized accordingly” very feminist from the other lady.

I didn't read that as "I'm mentally tougher than other women" I'm pretty sure she's saying "your poo poo about hormones making women is loving stupid, because I have had the same hormones as an AMAB and as a woman, and it didn't make a difference in my mental toughness either way"

Btw, I think cismen don't want women or transmen serving in the military, because it rubs the fact that there are many AFAB people who are smarter/tougher/stronger than they are.

Picnic Princess posted:

I mean, you could just let the individual prove whether they can or cannot accomplish something without setting broad restrictions that prevents people from even being able to try. But why would anyone bother with that when it's easier to categorize and limit people based on their chromosomes.

And if a woman looks too masculine in your opinion? Force her to take genetic testing or ban her from participating!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

AlbieQuirky posted:

Now, it was also a stupid choice for the cover artwork, as opposed to the original. But that’s a different question.
For most new releases Netflix will use a whole set of cover images and rotate them across different demographics to land on the ones that make people click (if you have a shared account, check how it displays the same sets of movies depending on watch history - somebody who watches mostly romantic comedies might get a shirtless scene as an action movie's cover image, for instance). The Algorithm held up a mirror to society and it didn't like that very much.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
We can't solely blame the Algorithm for that though; it's just using the tools it was given. A human composed the title image and decided it was a valid representation of the work.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

For context, this marketing agency was donating five whole dollars to various Twitch streamers' chats as a way to make them thank Burger King live. This is extremely against Twitch's TOS and rips off the streamers who would've gotten much more than 5 bucks if they had just paid for some ad rolls. I wonder if Twitch will take some legal action against BK's marketing firm for this.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

grittyreboot posted:

For context, this marketing agency was donating five whole dollars to various Twitch streamers' chats as a way to make them thank Burger King live. This is extremely against Twitch's TOS and rips off the streamers who would've gotten much more than 5 bucks if they had just paid for some ad rolls. I wonder if Twitch will take some legal action against BK's marketing firm for this.

Probably not.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Euphoriaphone posted:

For new content, Netflix is catching heat for advertising a film that critically looks at society's sexualization of young girls by... sexualizing young girls. Qanon groups have been successfully laundering their craziness through #defendthechildren posts on social media lately, so it's really poor timing by Netflix to give them ammo.

Netflix is a company run by pedophiles, tbf.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why is netflix so stupid.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
^^^^^^^^^

vvvvvvvvvv

Skwirl posted:

I'd put the odds at basically 50/50 whoever wrote the Pacino tweet for Netflix knew it was wrong.

Bold of you to assume brand engagement isn't a primary driver metric

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Euphoriaphone posted:

Well thank god for this post, I was so confused about who the hell thought this was a good idea but knowing that Netflix decided to advertise it entirely wrong explains a lot about it. I certainly didn't have the context about what the hell was happening and after that poster I sure wasn't about to go looking any further.

https://twitter.com/justsomeguycc/status/1296471753083031553

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty sure that dude is in the StoneToss/PumpkinHead/whatever sphere of influence. I have em blocked from a related blocklist I think.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
That chucklefuck is definitely a ComicsGate guy.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

That's exactly what happened to Caster Semenya.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/evren__7/status/1296583020913266689?s=19

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Hear me out:

We harass chuds in ways that make it look staged. Things like spray painting the driveway, teepeeing their homes with a single roll of toilet paper, and gently tipping over everything in the yard.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm loving the fact they saw a women get attacked and take a photo of her lying on the ground before helping her.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Hell of a deathgrip she has on her phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hell of a deathgrip she has on her phone
it's rigor mortis obv