Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

sonicice posted:

I feel like if they do it the NBA way with just the fan in a virtual seat it might be cool? IDK having everyone's square webcam feed with their backgrounds is weird looking. Are they using Teams for this?

I'm sure they just dusted off the old Tout code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

it's a shame NXT is still out of the Performance Center because it would be hilarious for someone in the crowd to use their video screen to start streaming Dynamite.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lamuella posted:

it's a shame NXT is still out of the Performance Center because it would be hilarious for someone in the crowd to use their video screen to start streaming Dynamite.

Never in my life have I wanted something in wrestling so much as the chance to see the crowd screens during a Velveteen Dream main event match

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Good morning world oh wow 150 new posts in the WWE thread did Velveteen Dream do another pedo guess I'd better just click on this and

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It's too much

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Dear Lord that is tacky. I think I'm gonna avoid any YouTube videos from SmackDown cause it might give me a sizeure.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

overmind2000 posted:

Never in my life have I wanted something in wrestling so much as the chance to see the crowd screens during a Velveteen Dream main event match

Velveteen Dream gets the main event on NXT, because on an analogue clock 9:49 is when the big hand touches the little hand.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Velveteen Dream gets the main event on NXT, because on an analogue clock 9:49 is when the big hand touches the little hand.
jesus

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

:bahgawd: End the drat match!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I've just realised this smiley looks like JR's doing the old BJ mime routine

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I've just realised this smiley looks like JR's doing the old BJ mime routine

Well, he is calling for a finish.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Kevin Dunn on the vision mixer

gently caress :xd:

Lamuella posted:

gently caress!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lamuella posted:

Well, he is calling for a finish.

p. good

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i can't stop thinking about the thunderdome and how we are going to see someone without pants when they stand up

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rarity posted:

It's too much

They actually went with the LED ring barriers used in the 2K20 Wrestlemania 2029 concept

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

so even in the video games they're portraying themselves as clinging to out of date technology and aesthetics from 9 years ago

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

The audience looks like a greatly dilapidated Hollywood Squares.

All of those squares moving during the 3 camera cuts per second and constant camera movement may make me puke.

I'm not sure if this would be better or worse stoned. I had some for the first time in 2 or 3 years to try to give myself an appetite last night. My usually paranoia did not occur, but I was watching something less deviant.

This is the one and only time that I have wished that I had a regular TV since I got rid of mine a half decade ago. If I wait to download it, my semblance of lolling will not transpire live. If I stream it, the quality will be poo poo.

Maybe I should set up yet another free Sling preview, like I used to every time NJPW was only on AXS, since that would be free.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So where is this Thunderdome stuff coming from? I assumed it'd be debuting on Smackdown but did they do some test run show or something?

Also, what a nightmare.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
can someone explain why the screens will kill the quality of a stream

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seth Rollins posted:

can someone explain why the screens will kill the quality of a stream

Those screens in their current setup are bright and use lots of different colour. These things cause compression issues compared to a dark lit crowd.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Admittedly I'm kind of a mark for lots of LED screens and big spectacles from wrestling and the WWE in general but this is genuinely...a lot.

And the fact that this will be the norm for every show instead of a couple times a year for a big PPV like Mania is WWE as hell and will bleed any kind of specialness away.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

This looks like a game of Paranoia.

"And now, adjust your regulation monitors and tune in for the mandated wrestling hour. Praise be to Friend Computer."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I know that we joke about Black Mirror predicting too much of modern life but this is literally that talent show from 15 Million Merits

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i guarantee you that all the screens get hacked during summerslam for a moment and its whatever the wwe retribution equivalent of a guy fawkes mask is

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

collocation posted:

The audience looks like a greatly dilapidated Hollywood Squares.

All of those squares moving during the 3 camera cuts per second and constant camera movement may make me puke.

I'm not sure if this would be better or worse stoned. I had some for the first time in 2 or 3 years to try to give myself an appetite last night. My usually paranoia did not occur, but I was watching something less deviant.

This is the one and only time that I have wished that I had a regular TV since I got rid of mine a half decade ago. If I wait to download it, my semblance of lolling will not transpire live. If I stream it, the quality will be poo poo.

Maybe I should set up yet another free Sling preview, like I used to every time NJPW was only on AXS, since that would be free.

otoh this idea could be brilliant if 1/9 of the screens is Gilbert gottfried yelling at the wrestlers

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I know that we joke about Black Mirror predicting too much of modern life but this is literally that talent show from 15 Million Merits

"What if bad wrestling, but too much?"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

JOHN CENA posted:

i guarantee you that all the screens get hacked during summerslam for a moment and its whatever the wwe retribution equivalent of a guy fawkes mask is

Or they revisit the old Bray Wyatt "whole audience in sheep masks" idea and every screen turns into the Fiend.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
all the hacked screens begin playing the Shawn Michaels blowjob pantomime gif

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Or they revisit the old Bray Wyatt "whole audience in sheep masks" idea and every screen turns into the Fiend.

This is definitely happening at some point

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ganso Bomb posted:

So where is this Thunderdome stuff coming from? I assumed it'd be debuting on Smackdown but did they do some test run show or something?

They did a test match yesterday

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

1. Rolls around on the floor. (https://youtu.be/sI6ZEpo8lBQ)

2. Gets up and does a callback to Road Dogg's "You better call somebody," pissing off his opponent, who tries to go low, leading to

3. That Joey Ryan spot.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lamuella posted:

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I legitimately don’t understand why they couldn’t have done this in the Performance Center. The lovely laser light show presentation looks exactly the same, but now there’s a zoom call. Why did they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to rent out this arena lmao

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The funniest part to me might be that it doesn't even look like an arena now. The presentation and all of the pictures make it look not much bigger than the performance center.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I legitimately don’t understand why they couldn’t have done this in the Performance Center. The lovely laser light show presentation looks exactly the same, but now there’s a zoom call. Why did they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to rent out this arena lmao

because the building is why ratings are down, much like how seattle was the reason wrestlemania 19 didnt sell ppvs

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

JUNGLE BOY posted:

They could have made the PC less dark and depressing and lovely looking any time they wanted but they simply didn't because they don't care because the fans don't matter. I'm still baffled why they're doing this, unless it's pressure about ratings or something like that. I just don't understand it.

or they could write a good show, lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The funniest thing from those pictures is WWE's biggest smark Ryan Stain in the bottom left corner trying to imagine defenses of how awful that poo poo looks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

They could have made the PC less dark and depressing and lovely looking any time they wanted but they simply didn't because they don't care because the fans don't matter. I'm still baffled why they're doing this, unless it's pressure about ratings or something like that. I just don't understand it.

or they could write a good show, lol

It's definitely because they're shook over ratings (and then AEW goes and trumps then by bringing in live fans lol)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i do like how aew waited until after wwe had already committed an enormous amount of press and money on the thunderdome concept to completely pants them by beating them to getting fans back for shows leaving wwe in a position to where they either take it on the chin or lose massive amounts of face and eat a bunch of ridicule by abandoning thunderdome to try and get fans in the building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The thing they don't get is that if they put an exhausted mediocre product on a big glitzy stage, it's... an exhausted mediocre product. If you cover a stale loaf of bread with fondant, the bread is just as stale no matter how brightly coloured the fondant is.

Setting can make a good match better. It can't make a bad match good.