Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Pope Corky the IX posted:

ME!!

We'll send you a Dodo code for Sunday's fireworks show (7pmEST) where we're having a bit of a swap party for people we already know. Feel free to bring stuff you don't want or want to give away, we'll have plenty and so will others.

Oh, and my spouse is convinced that Drago is in love with our character because he's always running up to us with reactions and compliments.

Yay! Fireworks party!!!!

Bard Maddox posted:

does anyone have a wooden garden faucet that I could touch? would help complete a little area I have.

I don’t know that there is a wooden one but I have a red brick one if that’s close enough to what you’re looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone want Apple? because she's going to be in boxes for me tomorrow. She's one of my OG's so I'm going to make an amiibo card so she can come back one day and tell me what the gently caress maglev mike was on about

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i have no issue kicking my OGs to the curb so I can get someone with a themed house. just got rid of my first one yesterday

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

82JSC
Northern /Pears
Vivian is making pond stone diy
Buy anything from nooks/turnips:141
Fairy/Dollhouse dresses in abels.
Flowers in Nooks:Windflower/Cosmos/Rose
Please leave me a message on my bulletin board. I redid my entire island and would love to know what you think.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

fancy stats posted:

Well goddamn, Timmy and Tommy are buying nips on my island for 593.

...the day after I unloaded everything at 188.

Dodo code's gone.

e: Closed

Oof. That hurts.

There are ways to track your turnip prices, if you're interested. I use this one. It takes into account your Sunday buying price and previous week's pattern. So if you were to start tracking next week, your previous pattern would Large Spike, for example.

Then at least you'll know when the price peaks!

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

When can I visit with them?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Zuzie posted:

When can I visit with them?

If you don’t find anyone else before Sunday at 7pm EST we’ll give you an invite to our fireworks show/swap party on Sunday. We’re still embarrassed and working on our island.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Yay, KK is coming to my island finally.

Which means I get to terraform soon

Any suggestions on a theme? I liked seeing a labyrinth island and a waterfall island. Medieval? Obstacle course? Serial killer? Hollowed out meteor lake?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Steve Yun posted:

Yay, KK is coming to my island finally.

Which means I get to terraform soon

Any suggestions on a theme? I liked seeing a labyrinth island and a waterfall island. Medieval? Obstacle course? Serial killer? Hollowed out meteor lake?

I say go with whatever you’re gonna be comfortable looking at every day. Also I’m gonna make the point to people that they should have one space that’s wide open with no plants or decorations. You’ll be thankful for it come winter.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What’s it for?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Steve Yun posted:

What’s it for?

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
I posted about this earlier, but I'll try again.

If anybody has the DIY for gold armor I will give you a 30 stack of gold and a million bells for it

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Farten Barfen posted:

I posted about this earlier, but I'll try again.

If anybody has the DIY for gold armor I will give you a 30 stack of gold and a million bells for it

I have the DIY for gold armor. Got it again just this morning. Stop on by.

Edit: Closed for now. I should be available most of tomorrow if no one else has been able to help you out.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 22, 2020

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Lucha will be in boxes tomorrow if anyone wants to come get him.

If your Island is missing an awesome wrestle bird, please come give him a home!

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Meteor shower and a buncha cataloging and my Twin Peaks house are on display for my first full island opening!

Code's in the PGS thread.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
06X0M

Come visit Besitos! Our internet doesn’t suck anymore!

We have Celeste and a very intermittent meteor shower. She is over at the bottom left at the beach.

Cheri is making a log garden lounge.

Sisters have desert outfits and gilet shirts. Villagers are demoing them for you!

stuff to the right of the beach near the flamingos. Grab a prezzie!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I'm so torn

I love Reneigh's design, and I want an uchi villager... but I don't want to get rid of any of my friends to keep her :(

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I have a confession. After hyping myself up for the release and buying this sweet banner under my name and putting around 50 hours in...I haven't touched AC since right before the Easter event ended. I just wasn't enjoying the constant annoyances and slowness of trying to do things like make fish bait or decorating the island how I wanted. I also wasn't very fond of the villagers I started with. I might end up starting over to get a new layout and new villagers and such but I think I might be a fake AC fan. :saddowns:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Think about how long 50 hours is though

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Celeste is on Coral Isle, y'all!

I'm too lazy to trap her, so you can play hide and seek.

Not much for shooting stars, as far as I can tell.

Please take some DIYs.

Dodo Code: closed

spinst fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 22, 2020

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I just checked, I'm 235 hours in. I've played every day for at least a quick check-in, but I think I might take a break until the next major event. I've heard all the dialog, seen almost everything in the shops, etc. When the first Animal Crossing came out, my friend played every single day for a full year and hoped that he'd get some kind of reward for going the distance, but he never did.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I still have three cicadas to catch and I don’t think I’ve even seen them. Of course they are the night ones. Ugh.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blaziken386 posted:

I'm so torn

I love Reneigh's design, and I want an uchi villager... but I don't want to get rid of any of my friends to keep her :(

Get her because she's the one new villager I really want because she's adorable and queer. (Also a pun on my name. The other Renée in AC isn't anywhere near as cute.)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

does anyone have a wooden garden faucet that I could touch? would help complete a little area I have.

Seconding this. Does anyone want to have a wooden faucet party?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is Olaf the anteater known to be a prick? He seems prickly, and we already have Annabelle for an anteater. This is the first dude to show up at our campsite.

EDIT: poo poo, now my options to answer him are "You should live here!" and "Move here!"

EDIT 2.0: He is a German fascist anteater!

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 22, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Is Olaf the anteater known to be a prick? He seems prickly, and we already have Annabelle for an anteater. This is the first dude to show up at our campsite.

EDIT: poo poo, now my options to answer him are "You should live here!" and "Move here!"

You have to take the first visitor to your campsite, it's always a Smug villager. They're nice and Olaf is pretty cool!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Okay, thank you.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Seconding this. Does anyone want to have a wooden faucet party?

I have one sitting in storage, if one of you posts a dodo code I can drop it off - either of you can keep it to pay it forward, my house storage is full and I’ll order another if I come up with something for it

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Mykroft posted:

I have one sitting in storage, if one of you posts a dodo code I can drop it off - either of you can keep it to pay it forward, my house storage is full and I’ll order another if I come up with something for it

8M7JJ

Thanks a lot. Anyone else is welcome if they want to do today's bug off or whatever. I might leave it open for a while.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Thanks a lot. Anyone else is welcome if they want to do today's bug off or whatever. I might leave it open for a while.

Hopefully I didn’t interrupt a good bug off round :)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What is this fantastic bug relic prize that Flick keeps talking about? I've done three rounds now with scores of 6-9-6

EDIT: So here's a question about the museum. In the first section of the fossil wing we have two specimens on the left and one on the right so far. But for some reason the little placards are acting like the second one on the left doesn't exist. It looks like a crab under a glass cloche.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 22, 2020

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Mykroft posted:

Hopefully I didn’t interrupt a good bug off round :)

Much appreciated! I was just catching a random bug

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

What is this fantastic bug relic prize that Flick keeps talking about? I've done three rounds now with scores of 6-9-6

EDIT: So here's a question about the museum. In the first section of the fossil wing we have two specimens on the left and one on the right so far. But for some reason the little placards are acting like the second one on the left doesn't exist. It looks like a crab under a glass cloche.

There are trophies you earn when you hit 100/200/300 points. He mails them to your house.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

spinst posted:

There are trophies you earn when you hit 100/200/300 points. He mails them to your house.

Is each extra bug one point? And thanks.

Also, I got diplo tails comin' outta my rear end.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Also, I got diplo tails comin' outta my rear end.

That's probably the best place for them, actually.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

As you build your fossil collection it adds little extra bits that aren't actually specimens, just window dressing (the bug room does similar with adding fish you've caught into the ponds there)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ile du BonZone is open for the Bug-off! Bug-off is over, but I'm still open.

See PGS thread for Dodo Code.

I've done some heavy flower purging, but there are still plenty of flowers to attract bugs!

While you're at it... I do have one flower plot where I'm trying to grow more flowers of the Signature Colors of Le BonZone. If you could water them while you're there, that would be swell! The plot is below the northern housing block, next to the fruit orchard. Look for the signs.

Feel free to shop, bother my villagers, and leave me stupid drawings on my bulletin board. Especially say hi to our newest resident, Phoebe, who is still unpacking and won't be able to participate in the Bug-Off. You can also say hello to Whitney, at the Campsite, who will be the island's future newest resident in a couple days.

Lastly, there's a pile of extra DIYs between the airport and Abel Sisters. TAKE THEM AWAY I don't want them.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 22, 2020

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

eating only apples posted:

As you build your fossil collection it adds little extra bits that aren't actually specimens, just window dressing (the bug room does similar with adding fish you've caught into the ponds there)

That makes sense, I thought I saw a frog in the bug room.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I've been trying for blue roses since April and if I had to do it all again I wouldn't. Every morning is a disappointment. I think what I'm going to do is shovel up all of these super hybrids and sell them and free my island of all this red. Then I'm going to look for orange roses on hybrid islands. Because the legit way of doing it starting with seeds is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Flubby posted:

I've been trying for blue roses since April and if I had to do it all again I wouldn't. Every morning is a disappointment. I think what I'm going to do is shovel up all of these super hybrids and sell them and free my island of all this red. Then I'm going to look for orange roses on hybrid islands. Because the legit way of doing it starting with seeds is insane.

I thought hybrid islands were patched out back in April/May.

Which breeding strategy are you using? I had reasonable enough luck with one of the longer ones (folklore or Paleh) and feel like I got a blue within a month or so, the only real frustrating part was the step where you had to test one of your hybrids.