Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
:laffo:

I forgot ERW was in True Blood. What fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1296926512621457411

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Oh man, we just binged the whole thing earlier this month. Was it perfect? NO, but L.A. neo-noir with a fantastical twist is very much my poo poo.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
wait wasnt it showtime that did that weird 4th series of torchwood

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

wait wasnt it showtime that did that weird 4th series of torchwood

Starz.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was really bad.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

escape artist posted:

do people like Dave?

Shame they lost Taskmaster to Channel 4 and they show too many HIGNFY/Top Gear repeats but yeah on the whole it's an OK channel

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Rhyno posted:

It was really bad.

I actually liked it despite all of its flaws. That said I have never watched any other Torchwood season or an episode of Dr. Who. So I was a little confused about some things, but it did work fine as a stand-alone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The giant blood chasms at either ends of the earth were so goddamned stupid.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Are you sure that wasn't just the news

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I watched the first season of Lucifer when it aired. Can I jump ahead to a later season or should I slog through it all?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

I watched the first season of Lucifer when it aired. Can I jump ahead to a later season or should I slog through it all?

Seasons 2 and 3 add quite a bit to the overall story I think. I'm sure someone has a list of the "important" episodes, but I'd watch them on your second monitor or while on a treadmill or something.

edit: I haven't seen the Netflix seasons, but now I've just found my parent's password and I'm going to give it a whirl.

oh jay fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 22, 2020

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Nah.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Finished S4 of Bojack Horseman. I found the dementia episode to be uniquely hard to watch, everything about it was absolutely terrifying. This show has a great ability to transition seamlessly between the tragic and absurd.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I really wish Netflix would adjust their 3-episode “are you still watching” thing. That’s fine for hourlong episodes but for short stuff it really sucks. The PS4 controller has poo poo battery life so I usually like to turn it off (and the triggers like to suddenly fast forward poo poo with little provocation) so it’s annoying having to turn the controller back on every hour to hit “still here”.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah I like it quite a bit. The supporting characters are all good too, especially Juno Temple and her lovely boyfriend. I didn’t notice until this week that it’s a Bill Lawrence joint, which explains a lot.

It's the first time I've seen Juno Temple do comedy and she's not bad. I keep visualizing her playing southern white trash characters like in Killer Joe and whatever she did in Vinyl

e: I can't believe it but the Snyder cut is really coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u77M-oANRtQ

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 23, 2020

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Rhyno posted:

:lol: imagine living through 2020 and thinking this :v:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Taking advantage of lockdown to watch big TV shows I missed the first time around, and right now I'm on Breaking Bad. I'm halfway through season two and holy gently caress I just want Walt to tell Skylar what he's doing, god this creeping around is so tedious. Also, Walt sucks and I can't wait for him to fail. My only hope is that he doesn't drag Jesse down with him; Jesse is the best. Incidentally, I have seen all of Bojack Horseman and played FFVII Remake, so I'm still transitioning to thinking of Aaron Paul as Jesse instead of Todd and Matt Jones as Badger instead of Wedge.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

surf rock posted:

Taking advantage of lockdown to watch big TV shows I missed the first time around, and right now I'm on Breaking Bad. I'm halfway through season two and holy gently caress I just want Walt to tell Skylar what he's doing, god this creeping around is so tedious. Also, Walt sucks and I can't wait for him to fail. My only hope is that he doesn't drag Jesse down with him; Jesse is the best. Incidentally, I have seen all of Bojack Horseman and played FFVII Remake, so I'm still transitioning to thinking of Aaron Paul as Jesse instead of Todd and Matt Jones as Badger instead of Wedge.

After BB you can do Westworld season 3 and finish the Aaron Paul Trilogy!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Klowner posted:

Wait comedy central is going animation only? What about stand-up specials, are comedians just hosed?

Producing animation right now's probably a far safer bet than dealing with the requirements for producing live-action television with COVID hanging over everyone's heads. I imagine what would've normally been even a relatively-cheap live-action show to produce like Tosh.0 is now fraught with logistical hurdles to keep everyone safe.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Hoops (Netflix) is one of the worst cartoons I've ever seen in my life, and my bar is looooowwww. Do people like this?

Zutaten fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 23, 2020

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Don't be mean.

(And don't watch Westworld 😂)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zutaten posted:

Hoops (Netflix) is one of the worst cartoons I've ever seen in my life, and my bar is looooowwww. Do people like this?

Worse then Brickleberry?

Obviously Alan Gregory but that is kind of in its own category of terrible and can't really be compared.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Open Source Idiom posted:

Don't be mean.

(And don't watch Westworld 😂)

I am more and more thinking that Westworld is this decade’s True Blood... :crossarms:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I am more and more thinking that Westworld is this decade’s True Blood... :crossarms:

True Blood had more than 1 good season.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

wow you take that back

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

pentyne posted:

Worse then Brickleberry?

Obviously Alan Gregory but that is kind of in its own category of terrible and can't really be compared.

About the same as Brickleberry or Paradise PD. Hoops has all of the edgelord crass of F is For Family (eg: every third word is gently caress! The main character tries to buy a prostitute for a tall 16 year old to get him to play basketball!) without any of the heart that kept me watching F is For Family

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

ookiimarukochan posted:

Shame they lost Taskmaster to Channel 4 and they show too many HIGNFY/Top Gear repeats but yeah on the whole it's an OK channel

I meant the show on Hulu, Dave, not the channel.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Think it was just a bad joke haha

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Finally watching Atlanta and it's really good. I like how Glover manages to mix comedy and horror. Like in the VanDrake episode there's this constant feeling that something bad is gonna happen (the bus driver jokes about abducting them).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Which episode was that? I loved the show but I've forgotten so much

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The one where Van goes to the party at Drake’s house.

God Atlanta is just the best loving show

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

A better show to complete the trilogy would be Big Love.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Ted Lasso is a fun and pleasant show. Jason Sudeikis plays an ignorant American coaching a prestige soccer team in England but he's not an idiot like the trailer looks. He's basically playing the male version of Leslie Knope.

Just based on the premise is it basically "Major League: Soccer Edition"?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hey, the series premiere of that HBO NXIVM doc The Vow is tonight!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Fox Sports 2 is showing Rollergames from 1990, and it’s just everything I always hoped it would be.

Bad photo sums it up perfectly.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Ugh, did Hulu really make a show called “Love in the Time of Corona”? That play on “Love in the Time of Cholera” was played out in March.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching the new season of Lucifer and man, Tom Ellis doing Michael with an American accent is very weird.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just watched the first episode of Lovecraft Country and that cinematography was beautiful. Starting episode 2 now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Ugh, did Hulu really make a show called “Love in the Time of Corona”? That play on “Love in the Time of Cholera” was played out in March.

They air a show about young women trying to negotiate feminism and fashion, while balancing their personal and professional lives. If anything, a show about social distancing is too modern for them.