Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well I’m glad you’re being clear now that you’ve been caught and called out, but it certainly wasn’t conveyed in your posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

I’m constantly refreshing my ucp to get rid of unread posts

same tbf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SNG I glazed over your cases, give me the “attack” version of your case on TPink

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

sandnavyguy posted:

Well I’m glad you’re being clear now that you’ve been caught and called out, but it certainly wasn’t conveyed in your posting.

This idea that I was “caught” presupposes there was some gambit, which you are just completely making up. My views on you changed after you claimed. It’s that simple.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

SNG I glazed over your cases, give me the “attack” version of your case on TPink

That’s... disappointing, even if you did think I was scum my cases could be important for flaws, but Tpinks defenses of me were backhanded and weak in nature,

Right before all of the weird votes for random people took place they said “I think people are being unduly swayed by the fact SNG was just scum in a very recent game and they think he is posting here is similar”

Which isn’t really a defense and hammers home that I was recently scum and that apparently I’m acting the same scummy way. Followed by a quick no-reasoning vote on me as the votes ratcheted up.

They’ve only posted a little bit so every post is likely strategic if they were scum.

That is the attack portion of my argument.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Alright I’ll go read the full case

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Well I wasn't particularly swayed by it SNG but it's not awful. But it's hard for me to take seriously when I think you're scum. So I read through that case and there's one part where tpink says:

tpink posted:

I think people may be getting unduly swayed by the fact that SNG was just scum in a very recent game and they think his posting here is similar.

and you attacked it in your case as trying to subtly tie you to being scum and I found it persuasive. 'til I reread tpink's statement more closely and he says "they think his posting here is similar." That's deliberately separating from thinking that themselves, this reads more as a stilted defense than a "trying to implicate."

I'd need your flip to feel more inclined to do something tbh, and if you flip town, I'm gonna be more worried about someone else

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

y'know, there was no reason to keep that so mysterious, if you flip town SNG I'm suss on Amni

if you flip scum, I'm going to be after Rarity

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
Two points:
  • I dislike Hal posting.
  • Toal is onto something with regard to voting Bif.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Morning all

Oh finally

Toalpaz posted:

This whole bit where instead of casing things I say, bif posts weird call outs hoping I respond and then saying my responses are proof of me being scum is weird.

It's just a very very strange meta case and can read as very lazy scum participation because she anticipates if I do respond she can win an argument against me.

IDK, if this is seriously your town play bif, please remove this. All it is is tunnelling on someone without any real evidence based on a gut read.

If Toal thinks what they got was was "tunnelling" they must've skipped over the whole thing with Beet and most of my mafia career. I got suspicious of Toal cause while I was busy actually engaging with other people and finding things I didn't like in their posts, I couldn't fill in any solid read on Toal yet cause they'd just been lying low. They were a big question mark when usually they're a real noticeable player that's easy to get an opinion on... when they're posting.

Toal is trying to sell things short by criticising my "strange meta case" when that's all I had to work with so far on D1, because they refused to show up and engage me till it was already getting close to deadline, and then when they finally did it was crap.

Oh look, Toal's dropping their vote on SNG now but it's probably just getting in line on the bus. Toal just wordlessly hopped onto SNG yesterday when he looked like the frontrunner again instead of DGK, and Toal didn't seem to actually believe in their DGK case at all yesterday cause they were more interested in shading me for joining them on the DGK vote (even though I was so suspicious of Toal!!) (...even though that suspicion was mostly based on them being absent and I didn't have much to work with and it was approaching the end of the day, gimme a fuckin break)

It was only those interactions after Toal showed up and pulled that poo poo that made me finally get a solid suspicion.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

In other news, I'm considering if it should be a bad sign that my top town reads are both voting Gaspy, but for now I'm thinking it's more like seeing a first-time-listen reaction video to Gaspy's game in general.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Two points:
  • I dislike Hal posting.
  • Toal is onto something with regard to voting Bif.

Like because you think it’s scummy or is more of a personal attack?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Hal Incandenza posted:

Like because you think it’s scummy or is more of a personal attack?

Calling it a personal attack would be too strong but something along those lines, yeah

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Bifauxnen posted:

In other news, I'm considering if it should be a bad sign that my top town reads are both voting Gaspy, but for now I'm thinking it's more like seeing a first-time-listen reaction video to Gaspy's game in general.

Yah it occurred to me for all I know of Rarity I think this might be our first game together, which is wild.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

sandnavyguy (5): Amnistar, Asphyxious, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, tpink, Toalpaz
Rarity (2): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, t a s t e
Asphyxious (2): Scientastic, Rarity
tpink (1): sandnavyguy
Gridlocked (0): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
t a s t e (0): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Toalpaz (0): Bifauxnen, Rarity, Bifauxnen, Rarity

Not Voting (5): Asphyxious, Epsilon Plus, Gridlocked, Hal Incandenza, hambeet

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 24th, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sandnavyguy posted:

So can we move past probability arguments?

I didn't waste 3 years of my life for nothing :negative:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also with the Toal thing, that’s classic Bif one way or another. If you claim you’ve “got something” or “have thoughts” she just won’t let that go until you produce it.

Which honestly is appropriate, not many players adhere to that sort of continuity and quite often those sorts of statements are left without scrutiny, which is bad because it makes you look engaged without ever having to provide anything.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Rarity posted:

I didn't waste 3 years of my life for nothing :negative:

I’m sorry for the loss of those years but here they be painful. Arrrgh. Actually I should watch Pirates of the Caribbean again.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toalpaz posted:

That being said, at this point in the conversation even if we miss scum we really need to remove sand navy guy.

I can't see myself being able to proceed in the game without knowing if SNG is scum or not, just because of the pages and pages of speculation. Personally, a lot of the rationalization and circumstances around SNG's n1 play point to him being scum, so I will vote him.

We also know now that he'll never prove himself by saving town at night, the only night action thing that would help him. I just can't trust him or that scum will use him in lylo to make us lose the game.

##vote sng

Look at this whole post full of Toalpaz using words to excuse his vote if SNG flip town

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sandnavyguy posted:

I mean, jailer is usually a town role right? Isn’t a jailer scum OP as hell?

Town jailers do exist but afaik it's normally a scum role. It's a very useful balance tool for SK games.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I figure that’s probably why scum hasn’t turboed me yet because they want to hem haw and opine before they lunch me, to put on a good show.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

See, I have too small a sample size, in the only two games we had a jailer it was town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Also with the Toal thing, that’s classic Bif one way or another. If you claim you’ve “got something” or “have thoughts” she just won’t let that go until you produce it.

Which honestly is appropriate, not many players adhere to that sort of continuity and quite often those sorts of statements are left without scrutiny, which is bad because it makes you look engaged without ever having to provide anything.

Welp you have now fully got me back for creeping you out by agreeing too much lol

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Everyone is holding hands and agreeing as they shuffle me to the gallows, it’s touching. Though maybe y’all should be more scrutinizing and making cases to hunt scum cause once I flip town, y’all are gonna be in disarray and I still wanna win.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

I just played a game where someone cased me for dropping a D1 vote on the guy who got killed N1 and that still had more validity to it than Gaspy's case on me

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Rarity posted:

I just played a game where someone cased me for dropping a D1 vote on the guy who got killed N1 and that still had more validity to it than Gaspy's case on me

I seriously don’t understand the case on you. Or a lot of these cases actually.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

Look at this whole post full of Toalpaz using words to excuse his vote if SNG flip town

Agreed, that’s way too many words caged around SNG being town but trying to push that we should vote for him anyway.

Which implies Toal doesn’t actually have any scum reads.

##vote Toalpaz

Leaving this here for now.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

Nah.

Also literally no one agrees with your “case” on me so be careful with any rocks you throw there.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

I figure that’s probably why scum hasn’t turboed me yet because they want to hem haw and opine before they lunch me, to put on a good show.

This is weird.

It’s over a day till deadline, anyone who “turboed” you would be painting a massive bullseye on themselves.

This is clear as day and I’m now suss on you again. Grats.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

This is weird.

It’s over a day till deadline, anyone who “turboed” you would be painting a massive bullseye on themselves.

Again maybe I have a real messed up sample size, but town turbos people incorrectly in both Ecco and Food

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Welp you have now fully got me back for creeping you out by agreeing too much lol

You’re welcome. Just getting some positivity in before any paranoia kicks off hardcore.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Just how weird were the games I’ve played then?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Again maybe I have a real messed up sample size, but town turbos people incorrectly in both Ecco and Food

*turboed town incorrectly with a day or more to go

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

Scum and Town together turboing players happens, yes. Generally not day 2, but yes.

A “scum turbo” at this point is a) impossible and b) would involve three - four votes very suddenly piling on to you.

No one would do this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rarity posted:

Oh I'm lookin, I think it could still be a bus though cause SNG has been the only one getting any actual pile of votes all day.

Asphyxious posted:

Agreed, that’s way too many words caged around SNG being town but trying to push that we should vote for him anyway.

Which implies Toal doesn’t actually have any scum reads.

##vote Toalpaz

Leaving this here for now.

:bisonyes:

##vote Toalpaz

Asphyxious posted:

This is weird.

Yeah, I think they could easily still be scumbros.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

It also implies SNG believes currently none, or very little, of the votes on him are scum.

Which is odd, no matter how you approach it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

Yah it occurred to me for all I know of Rarity I think this might be our first game together, which is wild.

My last mafia game was like 4 years ago I think?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

My last mafia game was like 4 years ago I think?

I’ve been here a fair ol while, I’ve deffo *seen* games you’ve been in. I think it was before Australian/American mafia crowds started properly commingling.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Calling it a personal attack would be too strong but something along those lines, yeah

Well I never! Your face reminds me of busb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
My pronouns are they and them, and believe it or not it's a case pushing SNG because he's probably scum.

I don't know why anyone would need to excuse themselves for voting the runner up of a close lunch. Also I used a lot of words to point to the scumminess of SNG too. That's a case not an excuse.