Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fresh_cheese posted:

golly you sure are mad about cars

Cars are the cause of every modern-day problem in America. We gave away our communities for the right to have lovely cars.

Who are you, again? gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Cars are garbage poo poo for brain-damaged retards. Imagine pissing away a significant portion of your income on a potential rustbucket.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
tbf i miss being able to take the caltrain to work way more than my little nissan z

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i miss having a motorcycle. one day...

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
should an urban area be designed entirely around the automobile as it is in the us?

no, of course not. it seemed ok at the time, but in hindsight that was a bad idea and it has a lot of badness that comes with it and a lot of inertia.

we ought to be ripping out all the interstates that run through the middle of metro areas and replacing them with light rail but thats not happening in our lifetimes because it costs money and the car people who drive into the city will nimby the hell out of it.

i dont commute any more anyway so that part is moot. im working from home foreeeeeeeeeeeverrrrrrrrrrrrrr

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

kay

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i despise the car. id love nothing more than to kick it through the wall and shatter it into 100 shards of wet steel. But i need it

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I hate paying for insurance and licensing for something I rarely drive but also cannot be without because my city doesn't have viable public transportation at all and you do not want to be riding a bike for the months of -20 weather

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

If you have to drive at all, transit is ruined.

you have a 1 in 77 chance of dying in or due to a car in your life.

I'll walk or take a bike to transit, thanks.

I'm sure that, in most circumstances, adding a bike segment to a trip is increasing your likelihood of dying due to a car, not reducing it.

(But still a superior choice for lifestyle reasons.)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Methanar posted:

cannot be without because my city doesn't have viable public transportation

same. it blows.

Apr 7, 2003

thanks lol

Apr 7, 2003

While you posted at me about how much you love your car, I hosed my wife real good. We're going to ride bikes tomorrow. We'll probably do 50 or so miles to Weirton WV and back, wherein I'll look at my wife's rear end in lycra and we'll probably have sex afterwards.

You'll sit in your car.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol. jesus christ.

Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

lol. jesus christ.

When I'm right, I'm right.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
sex is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself

Apr 7, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

sex is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself

My favorite restaurant has yet to burn down.

Apr 7, 2003

Serious to god, if you haven't gotten your wife to put lycra on and ride a bike for fifty miles you've hosed up.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

lol

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Serious to god, if you haven't gotten your wife to put lycra on and ride a bike for fifty miles you've hosed up.

where do I get a wife

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lycra my balls

Apr 7, 2003

Literally the only thing keeping me sane in 2020 hellworld America is my wife and I getting out in the woods and riding bikes together, I'm eternally thankful that we found a thing we enjoy doing together.

Also peep the olympic village stats, exercising together makes people horny as hell

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it’s cool that the thing propping you up also happens to be good for you. I’ve been doing lots of home improvement projects of late.

Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

it’s cool that the thing propping you up also happens to be good for you. I’ve been doing lots of home improvement projects of late.

You aren't bullshitting, jumping on the bike and pushing the pedals until I get away from the horseshit we're surrounded with isn't fitness-minded but it works.

I'm down 18 lbs since the lockdown started.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Also peep the olympic village stats, exercising together makes people horny as hell

probably a part of it, but i would guess it's more just what happens when you put 10,000 18-30 year olds at the peak of physical fitness together in the same hotel and also they have all spent their entire lives to this point singlemindedly training instead of going out and getting laid.

e: i guess some of the athletes are as young as 14 huh. gross. thanks for making me think about that, tori

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

probably a part of it, but i would guess it's more just what happens when you put 10,000 18-30 year olds at the peak of physical fitness together in the same hotel and also they have all spent their entire lives to this point singlemindedly training instead of going out and getting laid.

e: i guess some of the athletes are as young as 14 huh. gross. thanks for making me think about that, tori

Exercising makes you horny as gently caress, I've posted about my sex brain problems here before.

Once we started riding bikes and working out together our dumbass idiot sex problems vanished.

You also stumbled into the teenage horny poo poo yourself, gently caress off with trying to blame me.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

this is almost as funny as the height-based meltdowns

Apr 7, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

"This is almost as funny as the height-based meltdowns," I post, as I do absolutely nothing with my spouse and she grows to resent me.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

:discourse:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Achmed Jones posted:

hey man it's tough being 6'-2" and having a huge hog, please don't judge

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
it's ok to have a car but you shouldn't drive it unless you really need to

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

some sort of inverse shaggaring

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i despise the car. id love nothing more than to kick it through the wall and shatter it into 100 shards of wet steel. But i need it

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

tori is extra spicy tonight

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
almost like he's got some pent up frustration, but, nah

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

i do agree that people who drive for fun just gently caress poo poo up for the rest of the world though

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I like dogs. they're nice to pet, and also to hug.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sex is haram. Sorry to break this to you all.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

almost like he's got some pent up frustration, but, nah

no baseball.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the smoke cleared in belmont this evening so i rode my ebike up the hill and looked out at the bay. A++ would ebike again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

also there is baseball but it has the DH and some 10th inning bull poo poo rules so it's not Real Baseball.