Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

LloydDobler posted:

McDonald's used to have a steak egg and cheese breakfast bagel that would make me poo poo my guts out but I'd eat one or two every day anyway.

they got rid of that?? WHAT THE gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Zippy the Bummer posted:

they got rid of that?? WHAT THE gently caress

Yeah it died because of Corona

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Q_res posted:

Yeah it died because of Corona

Yeah I don't know if it's temporary but they realllllllly pared down the breakfast menu.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i dont know what precipitated Taco Bell getting rid of their spicy potato options but my vegetarian wife is apoplectic

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

food court bailiff posted:

i dont know what precipitated Taco Bell getting rid of their spicy potato options but my vegetarian wife is apoplectic

I think its because the potatoes take too long to cook or something, which holds up the drive thru.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

chicfila used to make a tortilla soup that you could sub fries out for. Excellent snack later on for after a lunch sandwich.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ASAPRockySituation posted:

chicfila used to make a tortilla soup that you could sub fries out for. Excellent snack later on for after a lunch sandwich.
Subway used to have soups and I liked their broccoli and cheese soup. Maybe it's a participation may vary thing.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

They still have it by me, it's pretty good because any broccoli and cheese soup is, but drat salty.

I think you just inspired me to make some :getin:

----------------

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Wendy's Ghost Pepper Spicy Chicken sandwich. And the ghost pepper sauce in general.

McDonalds Jalepeno McDouble

Stop taking away the hot stuff

770e4133fe864efdb5a3d5860573ed6c

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Holy poo poo I just remembered. 5ish years ago McDonald's was testing regional fry flavors. The Bay Area had garlic fries and they were fuckin' amazing.

Want those back/permanent.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Tato posted:

Wendy's Ghost Pepper Spicy Chicken sandwich. And the ghost pepper sauce in general.

McDonalds Jalepeno McDouble

Stop taking away the hot stuff
Yeah, it’s not like hot sauce goes off in any normal timeframe.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
the cheddar bo from bojangles. its a thick slice of cheddar melted just right inside the biscuit as it cooks. they always took forever to get them out to you but it was like perfect fast food grilled cheese.

I get why they got rid of them its not possible to make one right away and they do not sit well in a heat lamp. you have to take a tray of biscuits about half way cooked take one out stick the cheese slice in and then it back in. irc it took 15mins for biscuits to cook and you always have a new batch ready to go in but if they just put one in youre looking at a 15minute wait for it and in the drive through thats gonna piss people off. I wish they just made them a secret inside only menu item.

Solovey posted:

i recently went to arby's only to be informed that their chicken cordon bleu sandwich is no longer on the menu. i KNOW that it contains entirely too much meat to be consumed in one sitting, but otherwise what is even the POINT of going to arby's in the FIRST place

thankfully my local one still has them.

snergle fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 26, 2020

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Not a menu item but I deeply miss the Subway Sub Club Card. If you were cool with the staff you could get extra stamps and a lot of free subs, which is I'm sure why they got rid of it.

The other promotion I miss is the McDeal, during a summer break with no job it really helped me keep track of what day it was.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The bacon turkey cheese panini thing from DD

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I hate to double-post but I just remembered that lemonade cheesecake thing they had at Popeyes & made myself sad

SynMoo
Dec 4, 2006

The loving Dominos Double Melt Pizza.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
I just posted about missing the Volcano Burrito in the Taco Bell thread because I didn't see this one. Also, the ghost pepper sauce.

I really miss the Spicy BK Big Fish sandwich. It was basically just their existing fish sandwich, but with buffalo sauce on it and it was sooo loving good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jellidelic posted:

everything volcano related at t-bell

its been ten years and i still have never found anything on their menu that i like as much

My dad’s generation, they were all begging for the Meximelt to come back.

I am part of the volcano gen. The younger people here will be the Fiesta Potato gen.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
tired to order a fritos burrito the other day, rip.

----------------

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Mexican Pizza :rip:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Iron Crowned posted:

Mexican Pizza :rip:

you have like two months to get them still

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Crusty Nutsack posted:

you have like two months to get them still

I know, but I miss it preemptively

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
chicken selects, hot hot hot out of fresh oil, with that thin buffalo sauce and blue powerade with a little ice

bring this to me

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Brolander posted:

chicken selects, hot hot hot out of fresh oil, with that thin buffalo sauce and blue powerade with a little ice

bring this to me

Chicken selects were great and I’m shocked that tendies of all things failed at a fast food restaurant. They had real chicken texture not whatever is in those nuggets

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One

LloydDobler posted:

McDonald's used to have a steak egg and cheese breakfast bagel that would make me poo poo my guts out but I'd eat one or two every day anyway.

And before they were trying to be healthy, back in the 90's Subway had a bbq pork sandwich and a pastrami sandwich on the regular menu. They occasionally bring pastrami back for a short time, but it's never enough.

I never knew they were gone, but drat I'm sad now.

barnold posted:

angry whopper. I'm posting in the BK drivethru right now very disappointed upon remembering that there is no angry whopper year round. I need to punish my intestines

Man I love those things, they clean me out like nothing else.

little munchkin posted:

tired to order a fritos burrito the other day, rip.

This wound is still far too fresh.

Other items I miss are the crinkly satisfries from BK, and the Grand Mac from McDonald's.

That Grand Mac just makes the Big Mac leave me feeling so empty and sad.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
The two DQs near me will no longer do the Hawaiian blizzard, this is some bullshit.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

devmd01 posted:

The two DQs near me will no longer do the Hawaiian blizzard, this is some bullshit.

Same here. It seems that any blizzard that uses 'fruit' is gone, with the exception of a limited time strawberry-chocolate blizzard.

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
BK used to have a "chicken parmesan" sandwich that was the OG long chicken sandwich, but instead of lettuce and mayo it had mozarella and marinara. Went perfect with how ridiculously salty the OG long chicken sandwich patty is

Duck Stab!
Oct 21, 2020

HERE I COME, CONSTANTINOPLE!

Taco Bell potatoes. :smith:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

WITCHCRAFT posted:

BK used to have a "chicken parmesan" sandwich that was the OG long chicken sandwich, but instead of lettuce and mayo it had mozarella and marinara. Went perfect with how ridiculously salty the OG long chicken sandwich patty is

I forgot all about this! It was great.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

A few years back they did a Chicken Parmesan using their more premium fried chicken patty. Despite the better quality chicken it wasn't as good as the old one.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I seem to remember they had three nationally-themed chicken sandwiches as part of a promotion, and the mozzarella marinara was the "Italian" one. I can't remember what the others were because why the hell would you order them when you could get the handheld chicken parm?

For my part, I still miss the Taco Bell chili-cheese burrito. Apparently it's a franchisee decision as to whether they want to stock the chili and the separate equipment to keep it warm, and no one in my entire state has opted in.

Anyone else remember the McDonald's "Oriental Chicken McNuggets" campaign? And no, this wasn't the stupid Rick and Morty Mulan meme sauce thing, this was early or mid 80s. The TV commercials for it would quite probably qualify as racist today, and the nuggets came with chopsticks. They also had new sauces as options (I seem to recall you could only get barbecue sauce before this), and the Hot Mustard and Sweet & Sour were popular enough to add to the permanent lineup.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Q_res posted:

A few years back they did a Chicken Parmesan using their more premium fried chicken patty. Despite the better quality chicken it wasn't as good as the old one.

The cheese rarely successfully melted in the comeback or in fact stopped being semi frozen more than once. Also I can't remember if that was before or after they switched to their current premium chicken sandwich which is pretty bad.

I definitely enjoyed the old ones though. It's all I ordered from BK at one point in my life.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

They were called Shanghai McNuggets (is that better? idk...) and the Hot Mustard sauce definitely came from that promotion. Not sure about the Sweet and Sour. There was also a Teriyaki sauce too.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol this owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQzTR_FTBw0

----------------

Duck Stab!
Oct 21, 2020

HERE I COME, CONSTANTINOPLE!

I really miss the McDonald's stroopwafel McFlurry. That was actually extremely good.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

holy poo poo

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
This came up related to that one, and holy lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYfRI4bVu2E

looks like Aus Mcdonalds got teriyaki, black bean, and satay dipping sauces. Would try all three of those.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

WITCHCRAFT posted:

This came up related to that one, and holy lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYfRI4bVu2E

this is a million times worse hahaha

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Nipponophile posted:

I seem to remember they had three nationally-themed chicken sandwiches as part of a promotion, and the mozzarella marinara was the "Italian" one. I can't remember what the others were because why the hell would you order them when you could get the handheld chicken parm?
I think it was original, Italian, and “Philly”.

E: no wait I think another time the third one was French. Slap some ham on it and pretend it’s cordon bleu.

WithoutTheFezOn fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 28, 2020