Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I was at the first Brooklyn Takeover in 2015 and seeing what NXT has become is loving depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's one of those interesting thought experiments but in reverse where the fourth TV wrestling show fields a roster of Keith Lee, Prince Devitt, Io Shirai, Gargano, Adam Cole, 3.0 et all and is generally the dullest wrestling show on TV

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
They just burn through stuff so fast, you've gone through both Keith Lee's coronation and Kross' within a month. There's no thought behind anything just ramming 'moments' together in order to pop interest solely within your dilapidated fanbase.

Who does Kross fight now?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cauliflower jones posted:

Injury rehab

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

They just burn through stuff so fast, you've gone through both Keith Lee's coronation and Kross' within a month. There's no thought behind anything just ramming 'moments' together in order to pop interest solely within your dilapidated fanbase.

Well he's probably on the shelf till next year, at which point he can chase the NXT championship again and win it from *checks notes* Dexter Lumis

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Dream

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I was at the first Brooklyn Takeover in 2015 and seeing what NXT has become is loving depressing.

Same! I got to see Bayley's big win, Andrade beat Drew, and War Games and I was loving hyped for all of them. Once they moved to TV the show just felt listless and I couldn't get into it. It used to be the show my partner and I were most excited to watch every week and now we don't even bother.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NXTUK/status/1297346562700513282

not really

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I want Vince to continue to be in charge, to continue to be clueless as to what fans want and I want them to continue to only appeal to 50+ year olds.

This terminally uncool awful company deserves to die a slow painful death in front of whatever geriatric fanbase they have left at the end.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Orange Carlisle posted:

I want Vince to continue to be in charge, to continue to be clueless as to what fans want and I want them to continue to only appeal to 50+ year olds.

This terminally uncool awful company deserves to die a slow painful death in front of whatever geriatric fanbase they have left at the end.

they just had their most profitable quarter ever.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Oh they'll continue to be profitable sure, but they'll do it with ratings low enough to have to go back to whatever spike TV is now

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm actually kinda surprised at how much my interest in NXT has dropped off over the last year. I WENT to Takeover last August, and I can't even be bothered to watch the one from last night.

I’m in the same boat as you. Went to Takeover Toronto, skipped last night’s.

Honestly, the biggest thing that killed NXT for me is that when it moved to USA, NXT could not longer be watched live in Canada even if you have the Network. You can only watch It as a replay a couple days later.

There are nights where I would have been willing to watch NXT if they had a good card, or switch back and forth between it and Dynamite but WWE just decided that viewers in Canada aren’t needed.

They also killed the network app in Canada by making it incompatible with logging in via a cable provider, which is the only way to subscribe to the Network in Canada .

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

eventually the dipshit suits at USA and Fox are going to realize nobody's loving watching this garbage and the only money it actually makes is the money THEY'RE giving it

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Dacap posted:

Honestly, the biggest thing that killed NXT for me is that when it moved to USA, NXT could not longer be watched live in Canada even if you have the Network. You can only watch It as a replay a couple days later.

not only that but they trim it to an edited one hour episode.

when I first got to see nxt I was interested and seemed neat but it quickly just became a nothing show with good wrestling. I don't care about anything that happens. it's so sterile, samey and boring, with annoying production. it's a shame because the wrestlers kinda rule but it's all covered in garbage.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Takeover Portland was booked like it was booked by someone who wanted to make fun of NXT booking, but it was still red hot. Haven't really cared about the product since.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dacap posted:

They also killed the network app in Canada by making it incompatible with logging in via a cable provider, which is the only way to subscribe to the Network in Canada .

Is this new? Because as of Mania, when I did a free trial, you were just able to close the popup where they ask for your tv provider on the website and browse away (on desktop), and the app worked as normal. The only thing I needed a VPN for was the signup process.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The thing is NXT was fine as a one hour show now its bloated and directionless. Title changes happening because theyre going to the main roster us a lot qorse on a show that us its own thing so it becomes incoherent rather than developmental. People loved NXT because it was just a simple show with no weird poo poo other than lets settle this via wrestling. Now its two hours got a fleet if writers and no idea what it wants to be.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Like we had two different title changes and the stories coming out of them could not be any different. What does Kross dethroning Lee in a competitive match mean? Ignoring Kross is now out injured what does the belt on him accomplish and moreso what does taking it off Keith Lee accomplish? The story feels undercooked and underdeveloped, like a season finale with no build up.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Nxt doesn't even mean anything!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

JOHN CENA posted:

On the other hand, Vince probably doesn't really care about money all that much anymore. And it has to be gnawing at him that the ratings for his shows are declining, instead of pulling record numbers during a pandemic, where many people are stuck at home with nothing else to do.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dacap posted:

I’m in the same boat as you. Went to Takeover Toronto, skipped last night’s.

There are nights where I would have been willing to watch NXT if they had a good card, or switch back and forth between it and Dynamite but WWE just decided that viewers in Canada aren’t needed.

Idk if this is just an impression I get as a foreigner but it always seems like media consumers in Canada just constantly get loving owned on absolutely everything

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Its true pray for us

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

Idk if this is just an impression I get as a foreigner but it always seems like media consumers in Canada just constantly get loving owned on absolutely everything

oh we do

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

media consumers in Canada just constantly get loving owned on absolutely everything

We're about a year out from putting this on the flag

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jesus WEP posted:

Ask them how much they like their Rogers service!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Quite the accomplishment!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Seth Rollins loving sucks, jesus christ. All he seems to be doing lately is openly making GBS threads on the people that are left watching their product. It feels like the kind of thing where in any other promotion someone would've pulled him aside and said "Hey tone it down with the openly making GBS threads on the people that are left watching our product thing". But we know that this attitude goes to the very top so all he's doing is making sure he's first in line to be the next HHH 20 years from now I guess.

Someone else already said it upthread but it is crazy how vastly different the quotes from people on each promotion are. You'd think if there was one person happy with the booking/writing going on at WWE that they'd be out there talking about it but even Seth Rollins who has now become super boot licker #1 can only muster up "These little shits wouldn't know good wrestling if it bit them in the rear end. Now watch this Pedigree."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

oldpainless posted:

Uh. My rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4GP1LYwsjk

This happened in 2016.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sometimes I think guys like Seth and AJ (and sorry to go here, so I’ll make it brief) just let their political leanings shine in their arguments when they’re given a platform. That’s why they say the ridiculous things they say and just lean so heavy into them.

I mean, honestly, they’re perfect for WWE and they’re never leaving, much like a Braun or a Dolph would never, ever leave. They’re right at home.

It gets bad when you can pretty much guess spot on what these guys believe and/or will say next.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:whitewater:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Every other tag title reign on the brand since Dec 2016 (team, days held) per wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_Raw_Tag_Team_Champions

Cesaro and Sheamus, 42
Gallows and Anderson, 64
Hardys, 64
Cesaro and Sheamus, 77
Dean and Seth, 79
Cesaro and Sheamus, 49
Seth and Jason Jordan, 34
Cesaro and Sheamus, 71
Braun and Nicholas, 1
Bray and Matt, 80
Bo and Axel, 50
Dolph and Drew, 49
Dean and Seth, 14
AOP, 34
Roode and Gable, 63
Revival, 54
Hawkins and Ryder, 64
Revival, 49
Gallows and Anderson, 21
Braun and Seth, 26
Dolph and Roode, 29
Viking Raiders, 98
Seth and Murphy, 41

Street Profits have held it almost half a year, one other team got to hold it for as long as three months

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

oldpainless posted:

First team since New Day broke Demolition's record to keep those belts for over 100 days

Seth has had 6 runs with those belts and 5 of the 6 are with different people (two of them were with Mox)

They've changed hands on Raw 11 times in the last 2 years, once on a PPV main card, once on the Wrestlemania pre-show.

They've only been vacated once, because one of the champions was 10 years old and had school the next day.

Tag team wrestling!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FOX 13 aired actual footage of Sonya Deville's home invasion during a news report. This seems... misadvised.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I feel bad for AJ. Why can he not be appreciated for his art? Like when he called disco the f word and threatened to dismember him with a chainsaw. THAT was art.

Whenever I see someone bitch about how "sensitive" people are nowadays my brain just turns the quote into "I want to call people awful things without repercussion is that so much to ask?"

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Rarity posted:

FOX 13 aired actual footage of Sonya Deville's home invasion during a news report. This seems... misadvised.

Yeah the local news here has been really bad with this story.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Seth Rollins talking to everyone thinking about leaving because of their promised pushes for new contracts that didnt happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHol7WW2A8g

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Critical posted:

I feel bad for AJ. Why can he not be appreciated for his art? Like when he called disco the f word and threatened to dismember him with a chainsaw. THAT was art.

Whenever I see someone bitch about how "sensitive" people are nowadays my brain just turns the quote into "I want to call people awful things without repercussion is that so much to ask?"

Someone should say something negative about his Jesus and see if he takes that well.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Hoss Corncave posted:

Someone should say something negative about his Jesus and see if he takes that well.

Jesus disrespected Pilate by kicking out after the three count

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Chris James 2 posted:

Every other tag title reign on the brand since Dec 2016 (team, days held) per wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_Raw_Tag_Team_Champions

Cesaro and Sheamus, 42
Gallows and Anderson, 64
Hardys, 64
Cesaro and Sheamus, 77
Dean and Seth, 79
Cesaro and Sheamus, 49
Seth and Jason Jordan, 34
Cesaro and Sheamus, 71
Braun and Nicholas, 1
Bray and Matt, 80
Bo and Axel, 50
Dolph and Drew, 49
Dean and Seth, 14
AOP, 34
Roode and Gable, 63
Revival, 54
Hawkins and Ryder, 64
Revival, 49
Gallows and Anderson, 21
Braun and Seth, 26
Dolph and Roode, 29
Viking Raiders, 98
Seth and Murphy, 41

Street Profits have held it almost half a year, one other team got to hold it for as long as three months

JFC that’s a lot of title changes over 4 years. No wonder no one gets over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Did Jesus believe the world was flat?! (prolly)

I'm not surprised a dude who spent the prime of his career on whatever TNA or Impact or whatever the gently caress.

I mean good for him getting paid this "late" in the game, but his brain is toast and he's never gonna change, much like Jericho - He may show itsome signs of good/change because eyes are on him, but it's probably just for the optics, and not remorse.

Critical posted:

Jesus disrespected Pilate by kicking out after the three count

:lmao: