Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Heath posted:

Me, looking over your body: "Stop spending so much on candles."

You, pulling down your lip to reveal a tattoo that simply says "no"

Anonymously, from outside the ring: "Y'ALL NEED TO LOG OFF!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I Pick on pick

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

pick is always down to fight :getin:

Somewhere, beneath his pile of cardboard boxes under a bridge, Moon Slayer shifts uneasily in his sleep

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

my first PM conversation with you was eight years ago, saddest rhino

eight YEARS ago

how sad... you gonna be... to end that of eight years ??

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Crane Fist posted:

Mods are asleep let's start some posting feuds

Just got off that graveyard shift... :blastu:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fluffdaddy posted:

titanic-captain-saluting.gif

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Fluffdaddy posted:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Pick posted:

my first PM conversation with you was eight years ago, saddest rhino

eight YEARS ago

how sad... you gonna be... to end that of eight years ??

holy crap i just checked and we were talking about how we kept getting our avatars changed by people who in 2012 had us as posting enemies. I was expecting it to be us talking about bee movie / sea food.

I've said it before, but until now I still do not know who kept changing my avatar to dead rhinos

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

fyad humor destroying all comers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfO_OfmGOl0
me trying out fyad humor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODNBldlCrkQ

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Saddest Rhino posted:

holy crap i just checked and we were talking about how we kept getting our avatars changed by people who in 2012 had us as posting enemies. I was expecting it to be us talking about bee movie / sea food.

I've said it before, but until now I still do not know who kept changing my avatar to dead rhinos

well I'm glad they stopped although I'd have gladly kept giving you certs to get it fixed. those were totally beyond the pale.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

I'm on for another 4 hours bruv

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Pick posted:

well I'm glad they stopped although I'd have gladly kept giving you certs to get it fixed. those were totally beyond the pale.

theres a subset of people that, on learning you like an animal, think "hey cool i know what will be funny, if i show this person pics of the animal dead or being abused"

honestly seeing that sort of poo poo enough is what makes me sympathetic to people that really dont like edgy humor. i think there's an objective distinction between a joke and a """joke""" past just how the viewer interprets it but for a lot of people humor is just doing poggers face at Epic Ownage

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Aug 24, 2020

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm on for another 4 hours bruv

Night shifts should be illegal

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
paid to shitpost all night

get mad at stores only open between 11 and 4

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

I don't mind it, aside from the pandemic aspect of it. Night Crew

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Fluffdaddy posted:

what should be illegal is being forced to stay to closing if you also had to open for breakfast.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Don Gato posted:

what should be illegal is being forced to stay to closing if you also had to open for breakfast.

That is illegal here. You need 10 hours between shifts.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Don Gato posted:

I did that a lot in college and it was the worst because even when you get home you are so tired but you still can’t fall asleep right away

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Crane Fist posted:

Mods are asleep let's start some posting feuds

*scans around*

i feel like i've never really had a fight with pick even though i post enough to

remember those animal threads? im mad you stopped making them

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

gently caress, mods awake dont worry about it sorry

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Don Gato posted:

i'm still trying to get god into court over that one.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
My PYF lions thread was met with great disdain and a fair number of pictures of lions shot dead by hunters :(

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i feel like i've never really had a fight with pick even though i post enough to

When it's your turn, it will just happen

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

My PYF lions thread was met with great disdain and a fair number of pictures of lions shot dead by hunters :(

what the gently caress

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
It’s enough to give pause to anyone with paws

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
drat this dude wanting to post lions, and talk about how cool they are and how he wishes he was one. loving cringe. well *cracks neck* i got just the thing for these types *camera zooms around the room dramatically as i scroll through page after page of google results of 'dead lion', 'dead lion shot by poacher', 'lion dying in tiny cage' finding the perfect material needed to get this FREAK off my forums*

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Fluffdaddy posted:

I did that a lot in college and it was the worst because even when you get home you are so tired but you still can’t fall asleep right away

Smelling like food is overrated because you can never get the smell out of your clothes or hair and are just surrounded by a constant miasma of Line Cook (tm).

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Tiler Kiwi posted:

drat this dude wanting to post lions, and talk about how cool they are and how he wishes he was one. loving cringe. well *cracks neck* i got just the thing for these types *camera zooms around the room dramatically as i scroll through page after page of google results of 'dead lion', 'dead lion shot by poacher', 'lion dying in tiny cage' finding the perfect material needed to get this FREAK off my forums*

It's an oft overlooked blessing that, given the insane number of raving hate-filled psychos these forums have hosted, the body count is still single figure. 4chan, reddit, tumble - all these places have body counts in the hundreds. We should all give ourselves a little pat on the back for somehow punching below our weight there.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Tiler Kiwi posted:

lol

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's an oft overlooked blessing that, given the insane number of raving hate-filled psychos these forums have hosted, the body count is still single figure. 4chan, reddit, tumble - all these places have body counts in the hundreds. We should all give ourselves a little pat on the back for somehow punching below our weight there.

goon projects always fail, and thats a good thing

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wow some poo poo went down yesterday. Take care Bird, you were a decent human being who deserved better than what you got but you still left a positive impact on the lives of a lot of posters.

Also, some people were real quick to show their asses for KM and about fyad coming back

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
i don't even remember who did it, but at the height of the drama i was accused of "calm kramering"

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Lucavi posted:

lets all go to bed imo

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

fauna posted:

i don't even remember who did it, but at the height of the drama i was accused of "calm kramering"

holy poo poo lmao.

there's a few phrases that stick in my head from online poo poo like that where people create perfect insane terminology in full seriousness but the one im always mulling over is some 4chan dude who theorized about how cat ownership was a plot to drive down white birthrates, who referred to the animals as "the purring jew".

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

The Saddest Rhino posted:

the very first thing i remember reading on the forums, months before registering, was the tale of sai baba's spirit wife

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Tiler Kiwi posted:

holy poo poo lmao.

there's a few phrases that stick in my head from online poo poo like that where people create perfect insane terminology in full seriousness but the one im always mulling over is some 4chan dude who theorized about how cat ownership was a plot to drive down white birthrates, who referred to the animals as "the purring jew".

It's fascinating to me how people get so invested in internet arguments that there's more jargon for it than your average job or hobby. Then they'll assume that someone who doesn't know some term based on a webcomic from 6 years ago must be trolling.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I wonder what's been going on in the sagas thread since I last checked.

630 new posts! :eyepop:

Bird posted! :lovebird:

Someone was mean to her?!?!?!? :argh:

What an emotional roller-coaster!

drat the new smilies page rocks though. :rock:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Fluffdaddy posted:

you'll take my 7/11s from my cold dead hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

EasilyConfused posted:

I wonder what's been going on in the sagas thread since I last checked.

630 new posts! :eyepop:

Bird posted! :lovebird:

Someone was mean to her?!?!?!? :argh:

What an emotional roller-coaster!

drat the new smilies page rocks though. :rock:

next time, on dragonball z!!!