Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
So the big dog is back, with what looks like some plastic surgery/botox? and to put his immunocompromised body on the line for a company having record profits while giving nothing back to the wrestlers

wwe is a cult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol I thought Satin was on the WWE payroll.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeepDickPizza posted:

The word "simp" has been around for literally a century. While its recent usage may partially stem from incel communities, it's very popular with all sorts of incredibly online people and word usage is constantly evolving. Seems to me that calling Ryan Satin a simp is not, in fact, doing a misogyny.

It’s a pretty fun word to abuse for politics.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
He’s a Dumb Dora.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm glad I didn't grow up in a time where every slang term also gets a discourse.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

explosivo posted:

Backstage got canceled in June

Part of why Renee was able to give notice and leave so quick (yesterday was her last day)

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

explosivo posted:

Well, he was...now he's not. Unless he is again.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Walnut is one of my go to insults. It means nothing but holy poo poo you don't want someone calling you a fuckin walnut.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
but walnuts are delicious

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sorry for any hurt caused when i briefly explained why a word became very popular slang recently :)

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Did they change Roman's theme? I hear these words every time I heard that annoying theme. Hard to believe I thought it was cool once upon a time.

Critical posted:

oh cool can we call him a cuck next since we're using meaningless jargon for teenagers?

I thought simp was short slang for simpleton. Is that not true? I do half miss the old SA days where every other word in a post was "cuck" though. Terrible at the time but now it seems like such better days. Feels like someone should be playing that bloody Evanescence song over a best of Buffy and Spike clipshow on the Youtube.

ICR posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AngelGarzaWwe/status/1297939289007886339?s=19

Corbin did one like this today. And of course Satin who might as well be on payroll.

I wish I believed I was this perfect and any flaws were not flaws at all: just perfections!
One of the things that astounds me is how often they want to point fingers at the few fans they have left. I mean... they don't have to be overly nice but at least not just actively insult what few fans they have left. Just don't say anything and let the bunch of old people that are willing to shell out money just let them be content with feeling a part of the WWE Universe. Constantly insulting and blaming what few people stick around on top of milking them for as much money as they can just feels gross.

Cavauro posted:

i'm sorry for any hurt caused when i briefly explained why a word became very popular slang recently :)
You are such a walnut. And by walnut I mean delicious and full of protein.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 24, 2020

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cavauro posted:

You ever consider joining The Hurt Business?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

i regret this derail wholeheartedly. im going to make myself watch one (1) braun strowman match as penance

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

Walnut is one of my go to insults. It means nothing but holy poo poo you don't want someone calling you a fuckin walnut.

You would say that you cashew

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Never talk about WWE

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Someday I'll be the only WWE fan left and Baron Corbin will show up at my house to call me stupid then Angel Garza will show up later to call me depressed, the next night i'll be sitting on my couch watching WWE's Great Balls of Fire X.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Please have Braun flip his poo poo and tear down the screens in the Thunderdome.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Do it ironically posted:

So the big dog is back, with what looks like some plastic surgery/botox? and to put his immunocompromised body on the line for a company having record profits while giving nothing back to the wrestlers

wwe is a cult

At least it gives AEW material to mine for the Dark Order

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

Someday I'll be the only WWE fan left and Baron Corbin will show up at my house to call me stupid then Angel Garza will show up later to call me depressed, the next night i'll be sitting on my couch watching WWE's Great Balls of Fire X.

:piss:

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

DogsInSpace! posted:

I thought simp was short slang for simpleton. Is that not true?

The more misogynistic use comes from “Sucker who Idolizes Medicore Pussy”. You see people use it in all kinds of forms though. People will call themselves a simp for someone in the same way they call themselves a Stan.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Every wrestler bitching about 'negative' and 'complaining' fans is speaking to Vince and Vince alone in the desperate hope that sucking up to his bizarre worldview will keep or earn them a spot in his idiot circus

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I knew you were Vince.

But like a Vince who's just old and weird so that this joke is funny and not the real Vince who is a horrific monster of a person.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Insertnamehere31 posted:

The more misogynistic use comes from “Sucker Who Idolizes Medicore Pussy”. You see people use it in all kinds of forms though. People will call themselves a simp for someone in the same way they call themselves a Stan.

Nonono

SWIMP is like the mascot at Hardee's. He gets on the counter and eats fries.

He's a chunky racoon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Eat My Fuc how do you feel about steak wraps covered in ketchup?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

shrimp

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rarity posted:

Sounds mouth watering pal! Does Vince eat his steak well done like Trump because man what the gently caress if so, imagine being rich and loving up your food anyway.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Eat My Fuc posted:

You'll be the second one left. The last one will be J-Ru yelling at himself in the GDT.

(Reminder that J-Ru wondered outloud if a show would make two pages and then did an entire page himself)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't remember which thread it was in, but Renee's goodbye message referred to still being able to see her on Fox Sports. What's that about?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Critical posted:

i regret this derail wholeheartedly. im going to make myself watch one (1) braun strowman match as penance

You make good posts and I like your avatar. No penance needed, friend.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Insertnamehere31 posted:

The more misogynistic use comes from “Sucker who Idolizes Medicore Pussy”. You see people use it in all kinds of forms though. People will call themselves a simp for someone in the same way they call themselves a Stan.
<sigh> I swear awful people just spend 90% of their time trying to co-opt words and phrases. It's a long con as they know anyone else will avoid those words so if they just claim as many as they can they think anyone reasonable will just sit and fume in silence. I'm still mad about the bloody nazis taking the swastika from Buddhists.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Sounds mouth watering pal! Does Vince eat his steak well done like Trump because man what the gently caress if so, imagine being rich and loving up your food anyway.

I just know that a typical WWE way to get a new guy fired is that newbie to ask McMahon about his steak wraps and saying all excited "I also love burritos!"
Just imaging Vince's scowl and twitching bloodshot eyes if you mentioned putting beans, salsa, onions or really anything in a burrito. Some salsa verde, cheese, bits of onion and a tiny bit of cilantro and lime. I prefer black beans to refried. Now I'm hungry and way too far north for a decent burrito.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Sometimes when I'm making truley delicious food like I did last night I remember that I eat better than some billionaires because I'm not a lazy idiot.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

more like ryan shatin

alright take care everyone, god bless

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DogsInSpace! posted:

<sigh> I swear awful people just spend 90% of their time trying to co-opt words and phrases. It's a long con as they know anyone else will avoid those words so if they just claim as many as they can they think anyone reasonable will just sit and fume in silence. I'm still mad about the bloody nazis taking the swastika from Buddhists.

I just know that a typical WWE way to get a new guy fired is that newbie to ask McMahon about his steak wraps and saying all excited "I also love burritos!"
Just imaging Vince's scowl and twitching bloodshot eyes if you mentioned putting beans, salsa, onions or really anything in a burrito. Some salsa verde, cheese, bits of onion and a tiny bit of cilantro and lime. I prefer black beans to refried. Now I'm hungry and way too far north for a decent burrito.

One of the funniest videos i've seen from WWE is Vince learning about Mexican food on Tuesday Night Titans and being astounded at things like a simple taco.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Weird coincidence how the complaining era is happening at the same time as the lost 75% of our audience in four years era and the record low ratings every other week era.,

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

I genuinely wretched reading this

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I simply do not understand how the WWE can gently caress up the fiend this badly when they had the perfect prototype in the Undertaker. Just be cool and spooky have domineering performances and not be in the world title picture too much because you don't need to be.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/jpr_otsstf928/status/1297718114960969728?s=21

https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1297992688625750016?s=21

lmao people are posting videos of the wwe cheer director

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

You guys are havin' fun!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you