Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I agree with Lindsay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/BaronCorbinWWE/status/1297935842443501569?s=19

The hits they keep on coming

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Pylons posted:

Were there just no outside venues available for them? They spent all this money and it looks worse than Daily's Place by far.

Plus this means that they can't put limited fans in like AEW can (I am personally extremely opposed to the fans being there but thats besides the point)

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1297994131495682049

I swear to god if Keith Lee gets stuck in this stupid loving angle

He's gonna be the LEADER mark my words.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

In all fairness, the original tweet was also dumb, but you don’t have to engage with it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Taintrunner posted:

God, imagine doing free labor for the WWE

It's only a matter of time before they start charging fans for premium placement in the Thunderdome.

I don't know... I watched Summer Slam and the Thunderdome presentation was immediately better than anything they did out of the performance center, regardless of what people are doing on the screen. If they want people to remind people to clap and move, whatever, that's on them for signing up for that bullshit where they are encouraged to sit perfectly still in a silhouette on their webcam.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I honestly prefer the completely empty set up of Wrestlemania to anything that came after it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I want to bully Ryan Satin so bad.I want to beat him up and give him a swirly in front of girl he has a crush on. I want to dunk that nerd.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

HerraS posted:

loving rinky dink rear end clown show run by dingdongs

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Pylons posted:

Were there just no outside venues available for them? They spent all this money and it looks worse than Daily's Place by far.

Most of Florida's stuff is occupied at the moment between college sports and various bubbles, but also maybe outdoor venues aren't going to seem so great in a week when hurricane season gets into full swing.

I just think the design is bad, it's not the venue's fault; the canvas is not responsible for the bad artist.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I honestly prefer the completely empty set up of Wrestlemania to anything that came after it.

Yeah none of this does anything for me at all. I was fine with no fans at all, the only thing I wanted was to stop hearing the ref's mindless chatter.

Rick fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 24, 2020

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
E: doublepost, sorry

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

God, imagine doing free labor for the WWE

please, the real grift is getting fans to pay $300 a year to be part of the WWE Inside Crew where they get a special embroidered polo and the privilege of helping collect chairs, break down the ring, and clean up arena trash at every wwe show!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

JOHN CENA posted:

please, the real grift is getting fans to pay $300 a year to be part of the WWE Inside Crew where they get a special embroidered polo and the privilege of helping collect chairs, break down the ring, and clean up arena trash at every wwe show!

Just happy to be here!

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

what the gently caress is this now? this is a real thing?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Critical posted:

what the gently caress is this now? this is a real thing?

I mean, would you be surprised?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

before each show if they're a platinum Inside Crew member ($1,000 a year), they can take a photo with a WWE Superstar (that wwe chooses.)

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

I mean, would you be surprised?

as someone who paid an asinine amount of money for a meet and greet with Cardinal Copia absolutely not.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

JOHN CENA posted:

before each show if they're a platinum Inside Crew member ($1,000 a year), they can take a photo with a WWE Superstar (that wwe chooses.)

someone out there with a decorative WWE mantel display with 52 weekly photos of Sheamus

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Gonzo McFee posted:

I want to bully Ryan Satin so bad.I want to beat him up and give him a swirly in front of girl he has a crush on. I want to dunk that nerd.

I would like to put chewing gum in Ryan Satin's hair.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Remember the TNA Crucial Crew? They're back, in Zoom form

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
did they let superfansmilez or brock lesnar guy into the zoom call?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

did they let superfansmilez or brock lesnar guy into the zoom call?

brock lesnar guy gave up on wwe after the kofi stuff on his instagram

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

JOHN CENA posted:

But they get Chili's when the Exalted One wins, right?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

is frank the clown still a thing? last I saw of him he was in the dunk tank at the All Out pre-party last year and they had to tell people to actually aim for the target and not him

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

brock lesnar guy gave up on wwe after the kofi stuff on his instagram

I went looking and apparently he's back!

https://twitter.com/BrockLesnarGuy/status/1296990992223145986

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Just paid $500 to have my zoom spot be left of center number 320 just look for me thanks guys.

It comes with some cool things. I get to:

-Join Ricochet for a wrestling ring breakdown and learn about paying your dues as a wrestler. Ricochet gets to explain that to me while he breaks down the ring and I watch over Zoom. Clapping and booing is optional here.

- Live Q&A over Twitter with Ryan Satin. I get to ask him 5 questions that are already given to me from WWE personnel. I get to copy and paste and send them. Mr. Satin will respond to them when they’re sent, instant response.

- Man the drone over the Lacey Evans vs. Bayley match. This match doesn’t actually start, but it has been announced. They said the plan is Bayley comes out after Lacey comes to the ring and then Bayley just kinda stares at her. Then Lacey charges out of the ring and chases her to the back. I get to fly the drone around. For fun.

- Lastly, I get a signed poster, 5x7 is the size they told me, of Keith Lee’s debut tonight. I won’t spoil anything but they said it involves him doing a tug of war segment with 2 former Hall of Famers who will be on the show. One of them is named Ric Flair. They coined it, “The memorable, historical first debut of young up and comer Keith Lee.”

Sorry for spoilers. They told me to wear my Stone Cold t-shirt, red boxer briefs and my Undertaker hat. Specifically. Look for me on the television set.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

ICR posted:

Just paid $500 to have my zoom spot be left of center number 320 just look for me thanks guys.

-Join Ricochet for a wrestling ring breakdown and learn about paying your dues as a wrestler. Ricochet gets to explain that to me while he breaks down the ring and I watch over Zoom. Clapping and booing is optional here.

- Live Q&A over Twitter with Ryan Satin. I get to ask him 5 questions that are already given to me from WWE personnel. I get to copy and paste and send them. Mr. Satin will respond to them when they’re sent, instant response.

- Man the drone over the Lacey Evans vs. Bayley match. This match doesn’t actually start, but it has been announced. They said the plan is Bayley comes out after Lacey comes to the ring and then Bayley just kinda stares at her. Then Lacey charges out of the ring and chases her to the back. I get to fly the drone around. For fun.

- Lastly, I get a signed poster, 5x7 is the size they told me, of Keith Lee’s debut tonight. I won’t spoil anything but they said it involves him doing a tug of war segment with 2 former Hall of Famers who will be on the show. One of them is named Ric Flair. They coined it, “The memorable, historical first debut of young up and comer Keith Lee.”

Sorry for spoilers. They told me to wear my Stone Cold t-shirt, red boxer briefs and my Undertaker hat. Specifically. Look for me on the television set.

Lmao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I mean, they literally were just selling $300 zoom call “meet and greets” for Summerslam weekend so we’re closer to this than we think

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lmao typical

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

<sigh>

JOHN CENA posted:

You joke but there is an untapped market there. I mean... normally it can be hard to find someone to crush your balls and call you a filthy slut but WWE is everywhere man. The safe word is "wwe put on a good show"

HerraS posted:

loving rinky dink rear end clown show run by dingdongs
This should be in the OP of every WWE thread from here till the company/world dies.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

You know what, Baron Corbin can talk poo poo about money or whatever but his wack rear end can't buy a good hair line or abs.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I wonder if it goes through these Zoom audience members head...

“Ya know, I could watch WWE THUNDERDOME tonight on my 65” plasma, just drinking a beer and snuggling with my Pikachu doll...

Or, I could watch WWE THUNDERDOME tonight on my monitor, getting at yelled at by Larry the Intern on the right length of time and when to cheer or boo and make sure I limit the amount of blinking I do and don’t even think about laying down or going to take a piss or else I could lose my spot and get embarrassed live on TV?”

Obviously, give me the latter

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Gonz posted:

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ICR posted:

lmfao please make a thread for the WWE Inside Crew

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hahaha

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I mean, they literally were just selling $300 zoom call “meet and greets” for Summerslam weekend so we’re closer to this than we think

Aren’t these literally 2 minute Zoom meetups?

In hindsight, they dropped the ball on this Thunderdome thing by not putting that green shirt guy front row center the whole show

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
please clap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

loving bravo.