Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

gonna repeat something I've said a bunch in other places since all this poo poo started. if you wanna stop bigotry and/or get organized to destroy capitalism, please go outside and do it with real people and not over twitter or even stupider something awful. feels like there were a lot of people who are eating crow now who got roped into this poo poo cause they read hot takes about how 4chan and fyad are the REAL reason that trump was elected so obviously it is our duty to humanity to destroy the pink forum to stop the fascist hordes. when you have that kind of self righteousness it becomes really easy to justify doing really lovely things on very spurious grounds, which is what happened.

go get organized and involved with people in the real world if you want to change things and let the comedy forum run by a domestic abuser with a $10 paywall be a comedy forum where people can tell jokes and not be serious all the time. trying to be an online forums/twitter activist is the quickest way to either becoming a grifter or being duped and used by one. its also a really good way to alienate people who might actually agree with you but who also like to have a place where they can be irreverent and laugh about things on the internet.

yeah like, im more down for the power of the internet to communicate ideas and facilitate change than maybe you are, and i love having a place on the internet i can just yell how much i hate or love politics all day so im already very tragically cursed with fail, but id tell anyone that if you think the poo poo you do exclusively online is important political advocacy, whether it be charging into dark online cartoon closets and getting into fights with forum nazis in there until someone flicks on a light and sees you've been swinging at a bucket stuck comically on a mop, or if you're changing your twitter handle to a snake rose donut emote and yelling at Disney for gay erasure, you need to stop and readjust your priorities.

also apropos it was bullshit how cspam treated you, you're a very good poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
People admitting they were wrong on the internet is so amazingly rare that it seems worth not discouraging

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Xarbala posted:

Yeah fam let's do it

Proteus Jones posted:

I'm down. I have a cheap guitar, all we need is the campfire.

:argh:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Literally A Person posted:

Am I allowed to say LOL to the people in the last five pages or so who are like "it's okay that I sided with koala's march because now I see I was a dick"?

there is not a rule against it but i'm not sure why you would choose to do that

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Am I allowed to say LOL to the people in the last five pages or so who are like "it's okay that I sided with koala's march because now I see I was a dick"?

You can, but its much more satisfying to say

LMAOLMAOLMAO
M
A
O
L
M
A
O

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

little munchkin posted:

there is not a rule against it but i'm not sure why you would choose to do that

Just for fun, you know? I never get to drama. I just make jokes. I WANT SOME DRAMA drat IT!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
gonna smh at those posters trying to roll with the punches. take the l, dudes. hth.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

haha

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pick posted:

also she literally thought she was ross & rachel so lmao

Wait, both Jennifer Aniston and David Schwimmer were KM alts?

HOW FAR DOES THIS GO

(Seriously what does this mean)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yes, but again, they are better than the people keeping silent or doubling down.

e: I mean no, before MS strikes me down with a mere look

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Holy poo poo I just caught up

This feels like extremely old school internet drama in a way I haven't seen in years. Incredible content.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Phlegmish posted:

Yes, but again, they are better than the people keeping silent or doubling down.

Of course, Phlegm. I'm just joking around. Kind of.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FWIW, these are the cyrano posts I'm concerned with:

https://i.imgur.com/P5O2GQY.png

I'm not sure if this entirely cool and will gladly stfu about it if so, but I figured say something now that he was brought up.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

saying this out loud to myself, to see what it sounds like.

turt.

turt.

turt.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm not sure if this entirely cool and will gladly stfu about it if so, but I figured say something now that he was brought up.

ya my beef with cyrano is that he was pushin the narrative instead of being honest so gently caress em

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Everybody Turt's, sometimes.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lmao

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

[cracks knuckles] yup got a sweet gf. She's a sexual predator who's got a very specific condition that makes me (and only me) revolting to her so she refuses to touch me, but other than that she's a catch

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

ThingOne posted:

Venom Koala, a mod denied her forum

Ejecting a cassette tape labeled "From the Mod Who Sold the World" from my Sony Walkman and flipping it over to reveal Side B, "OPERATION DELETE FYAD"

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Homeless Friend posted:

If true, this alt angle gets even more lol. Turt, after being banned, had an alt going around where he referred to himself in the third person arguing about the ban. However, there was also another account who said they were his gf that posted in cspam iirc. So tashilicious wasn't willing to use her main account to say turt was her SO lmfao

I hosed up, they were not in a relationship, it was a diff poster and the licious suffix thing was a coincidence.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

I hosed up, they were not in a relationship, it was a diff poster and the licious suffix thing was a coincidence.

poo poo

My joke, such as it was, immediately got ruined

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

docbeard posted:

My suspicion at this point is that she believed her intentions were good, and that anything she did was justified by those good intentions.

Very few people see themselves as the villains in their own stories.

I used to think that too, but read even just the first few pages of the fyad thread about her starting the goon charity and her saying “yeah I probably will install steam on my new laptop but it won’t primarily be for video games” and it’s really clear she knew what she was doing from the start of it

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the cyrano thread was mostly funny, but the guy seriously sucks rear end and should not be allowed to have a position of power. with that said -- the cyrano thread is definitely a saga, and should be in the goldmine, archived for future generations. i wonder if someone on the admin team is blocking it from getting goldmined despite everyone thinking its hilarious ..? :D

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it was KM wasnt it

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

I'm down. I have a cheap guitar, all we need is the campfire.

I know how this ends :gooncamp:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish posted:

[cracks knuckles] yup got a sweet gf. She's a sexual predator who's got a very specific condition that makes me (and only me) revolting to her so she refuses to touch me, but other than that she's a catch

Imagine being so bad at sex that your reaction to it is "the gently caress is this?"*

*Followed by years of grooming people over the Internet.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Phlegmish posted:

poo poo

My joke, such as it was, immediately got ruined
To be fair, I wouldn't want to openly admit to being Turt's girlfriend either.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

before you made this post i went back to turts' meltdown thread in games to try and verify it myself, and also found KM in there offering to reach out to him

wheels within wheels

fwiw her handle was GlassLotus and she seems very nice

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

ArfJason posted:

ya my beef with cyrano is that he was pushin the narrative instead of being honest so gently caress em

between that and the endorsement of mein kampf for dummies it makes me question his judgement also

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

OctoberCountry posted:

Ejecting a cassette tape labeled "From the Mod Who Sold the World" from my Sony Walkman and flipping it over to reveal Side B, "OPERATION DELETE FYAD"

We post inside the thread
We spoke of fyad and Low'
Although I had no cred
She loved my podcast show
Which came as a surprise
I PM'd for just her eyes
I thought you autobanned
A long long time ago

Oh no, not me
We never lost control
You're face to face
With the mod who sold the forums