Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Elentor posted:

The moment I stepped into a Discord where Tash happened to be in they asked me if I was the person in my Discord profile (I am).

Then immediately started PMing me asking if I'm trans and telling me to join their queer-friendly offsite/community outside of SA and BnR (which Tash was a moderator at the time). I poo poo you not, this was the very first message I got:

A few days later they get banned from SA and BnR from a bunch of people showing evidence of them making sexual advances.

Edit: Keep in mind that on top of that I had just narrowly escaped homelessness and was very vulnerable, a fact which they also knew.

wow, that's loving grim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

the bnr evangelism was one of the more unpleasant parts of the Troubles but i'm kind of glad for it because it helped tip a lot of people off about what a bunch of slobbering wackos their administration turned out to be

also a lot of really bad posters left and now they have a new home i never have to interact with

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

ArfJason posted:

sic semper cyrano

*visibly shakes from latin ptsd"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i keep saying turt out loud and i cant stop lmao

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Rip dude, he was too turty for the turt club.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I just learned that too. Whaaaat the hell?! That LP ruled so hard.

Kazinsal posted:

Oh holy poo poo I never realized that our very own Moon Slayer was behind that LP. :aaaaa:

That is still one of the best narrative LPs I've ever read.

Moon Slayer how many alts do you have?

e: woops didn't refresh thread and there's way more posts, oh well

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
turt people turt people

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ArfJason posted:

Turt Ferguson. It’s a funny name.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Waterbed Wendy posted:

turt people turt people

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
So many great posts in the last five pages, I don't know what to emptyquote.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Elentor posted:

The moment I stepped into a Discord where Tash happened to be in they asked me if I was the person in my Discord profile (I am).

Then immediately started PMing me asking if I'm trans and telling me to join their queer-friendly offsite/community outside of SA and BnR (which Tash was a moderator at the time). I poo poo you not, this was the very first message I got:

A few days later they get banned from SA and BnR from a bunch of people showing evidence of them making sexual advances.

Edit: Keep in mind that on top of that I had just narrowly escaped homelessness and was very vulnerable, a fact which they also knew.

jesus christ.

also grats on not being homeless. cant imagine a worse time in our modern times than covid for it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Waterbed Wendy posted:

turt people turt people

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
interior monologue as a half-dozen dairy farms go up in flames: "people are always asking me if i know tyler turten"

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

VanSandman posted:

Honestly, I do. Who/what were Turt and Tashalicious?

Tashilicious is the now-permabanned extremely toxic harasser goon/brief offsite admin that went after anyone perceived to be a enemy of her subforum (and mostly hit marginalized ppl in the process) and aggressively tried to get mods&admins ousted for being nazi-enablers/secret bigots during the coup

Huge piece of poo poo, gently caress her for causing stress and panic attacks to decent people, but I gotta say, this post aged well https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3909191&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post501371416

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
frankly i have to say that 2020 has owned so far both online and off

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Okay, so I can't make fun of people who got tricked by KM but how about this: Since the mass (:lol:) migration of people to BnR it seems like over in my home GBS there have been a visible increase in the number of queer/trans posters that are coming in to have fun with us and THAT is the a big win for us at least.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

pipebombs and paranoia

mine were born in c-spam

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Stux posted:

having a cofee just looking at this post again, soaking it in

Who is kale?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

ArfJason posted:

turtlurtlurtlurtl

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't mean to get into any more drama that I know nothing about, but are we sure they aren't dating? In the infamous Suicide Giveaway post Turt mentions that his partner is going to be taking his cat, and then later in the thread he said this.

Turtlicious posted:

tasha will probably take care of the cat. i just don't know for sure, so if for some reason it's too hard to keep the cat around after I leave, I just wanted to make sure someone wanted it.

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

Elentor posted:

drat this sucks unbelievable amounts of poo poo. glad it sounds like you’re doing better now tho

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

jesus christ.

also grats on not being homeless. cant imagine a worse time in our modern times than covid for it.

Honestly I got saved pretty hard by the LP Community/Path of Exile goons but I did manage to get covid in the one day I was out lol.

What a loving year.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

is this an episode of talkin' turt?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

American McGay posted:

I don't mean to get into any more drama that I know nothing about, but are we sure they aren't dating? In the infamous Suicide Giveaway post Turt mentions that his partner is going to be taking his cat, and then later in the thread he said this.

his fiancée’s handle is GlassLotus, she posted in the same thread

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Puppy Galaxy posted:

is this an episode of talkin' turt?

lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Waterbed Wendy posted:

turt people turt people
Detonates livestock like Turt, walks like people.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I am glad I binged the past 35+ pages and will likely do so again

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Yay, making fun of people with bipolar disorder is back on the menu!

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

The Kins posted:

Detonates livestock like Turt, walks like people.

the ending of fight club but it’s turt and his fiancé hugging asexually as grain silos explode in the background

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
do you know who's a really cool guy? That darth revan fellow. I don't know about you, but I think he should be Sith Lord

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Aesculus posted:

If you don't think there's a huge crossover between KM and HoneyTrapQueen then I have a bridge to sell you.

lol

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

Am I allowed to say LOL to the people in the last five pages or so who are like "it's okay that I sided with koala's march because now I see I was a dick"?

you can lol at whoever you want, but their right

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Snowy posted:

Who is kale?

The Ross of this forums

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

flashman posted:

Im pulled over on the side of the highway still. Lolling at this poo poo

Did you know you have your own thread in the Book Barn?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm 20 pages back in this saga so forgive me if someone has already made this joke

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

xcheopis posted:

Yay, making fun of people with bipolar disorder is back on the menu!

Who is this in reference to?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I hope you can learn to trust again when next year it comes out that everything that happens on these forums is an elaborate ritual designed to stop the demon at the centre of the sun from devouring us.

Holy poo poo it's finally revealed that the Montauk procedure is having the D class read forum posts to the poor girl?

That truely is inhuman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Oxxidation posted:

the bnr evangelism was one of the more unpleasant parts of the Troubles but i'm kind of glad for it because it helped tip a lot of people off about what a bunch of slobbering wackos their administration turned out to be

Seeing the aftermath of the "Jump to BnR" thing in the TG chat thread, where Renee dropped the mention of multiple BnR admins having allegations of sexual harassment, and then seeing the immediate reaction of one admin saying "Renee's lying because she's mad and jealous" only for one of the names Renee gave to immediately be proven to be a sexual harasser still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.