Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

_____________________________________UBER DRIVER SUCKED ME OFF!?
_____________________________________________________________\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Excellent start to the page.

Rhaka fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 25, 2020

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Rhaka posted:

Excellent start to the page.
Edit an image of a large hamburger into this post and it'll get even better.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's one of those artist things that works with the story. I really enjoyed it but wouldn't if it was, like, Daredevil or Batman.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Drakyn posted:

Edit an image of a large hamburger into this post and it'll get even better.

When you're right, you're right.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Endless Mike posted:

_____________________________________UBER DRIVER SUCKED ME OFF!?
_____________________________________________________________\

Unfortunately not even the worst Peter Parker face of recent memory

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

thetoughestbean posted:

No need to talk about Ramos here.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

thetoughestbean posted:

Would you like to talk to a spider, thetoughestbean?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

The Kill Lock #1

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh hey I thought I recognized that art style. Livio Ramondelli has an... idiosyncratic way with his lineart, but I always liked his coloring.

Transformers: Robots In Disguise #34

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bro Dad posted:

The Kill Lock #1

Why is that robot wearing clothes?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's cold out

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Marauders #1: Shadowcat vs. Russians

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Congratulations Kitty Pryde on your new long term love interest, Saber Serval.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Push El Burrito posted:

Johnny's death and return were both so good.

I'm going to assume Wyatt Wingfoot is what she's calling Namor.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

TwoPair posted:

Marauders #1: Shadowcat vs. Russians

Kitty Pryde being able to out-fight fully armed and trained soldiers is pretty weird.

It is pretty badass though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
She's a qualified veteran of the Xavier-Logan school of atypical ninja-ing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Kitty Kate Pryde has been a loving ninja since the 80s.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

She solo'd a Brood at 13 on like day 2 of joining the team. It's all been extra skills since then and most of it learning from Wolverine.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
She's literally a ninja, she was possessed by the demon Ogun and granted a lifetime of martial arts training as part of that to become his ninja assassin and then Wolverine helped her purge the demon. this was in the 1985 Wolverine and Kitty Pryde mini. She's had ninja skills for the vast majority of her existence as a character, it just isn't used all that often for some reason.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

yeah, one of the early arcs in Excalibur was about her taking time away to go to a boarding school that had her intimidate some bullies with her ninja moves. Then it turns out she had to become a cheerleader and she and the bullies had to defeat Fenris to save the school? Probably not worth revisiting come to think about it.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
So can those soldiers understand her or not? Sword guy speaks English at the end, but everyone else is speaking <>. Can't blame them for not surrendering if they don't know that's what you are offering.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
They're explicitly there to prevent Russian mutants from leaving, they're keeping them in cages offscreen, and one dude has a knockoff Iron Man suit with weapons designed to nullify mutant powers, and they specifically tried to shoot Iceman on sight earlier in the issue.

It's safe to say that peace was never an option

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Kalli posted:

yeah, one of the early arcs in Excalibur was about her taking time away to go to a boarding school that had her intimidate some bullies with her ninja moves. Then it turns out she had to become a cheerleader and she and the bullies had to defeat Fenris to save the school? Probably not worth revisiting come to think about it.

Nazi twins getting shitkicked by a girls field hockey team is absolutely worth it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patrick Spens posted:

Nazi twins getting shitkicked by a girls field hockey team is absolutely worth it.

I just dug it up and the first issue starts with genderswapped Excalibur beating up Nazis, so okay, yeah, you're right.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

CzarChasm posted:

So can those soldiers understand her or not? Sword guy speaks English at the end, but everyone else is speaking <>. Can't blame them for not surrendering if they don't know that's what you are offering.

Everybody speaks the universal language, American English

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kalli posted:

I just dug it up and the first issue starts with genderswapped Excalibur beating up Nazis, so okay, yeah, you're right.

I think most of Excalibur (at least the first series) is probably worth reading.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

Considering her relationship with Peter and the fact that she’s a goddamn genius, I’d be willing to believe Kate knows enough Russian to get her point across.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

head58 posted:

Considering her relationship with Peter and the fact that she’s a goddamn genius, I’d be willing to believe Kate knows enough Russian to get her point across.

She's also besties with a guy who can understand all language and several psychics.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Elfface posted:

I'm going to assume Wyatt Wingfoot is what she's calling Namor.

Just to clarify Wyatt Wingfoot is a FF supporting character who's been around since the 1960s. It's a very comic book name, though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

He was Johnny Storm's roommate in college and I think dated She-Hulk for a while.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Skwirl posted:

He was Johnny Storm's roommate in college and I think dated She-Hulk for a while.

He did. He also has no superpowers whatsoever, so I'm not sure how effective he'd be as a F4 member. Even though he kind of hung around with them when She-Hulk was replacing Thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hulk Smash! posted:

He did. He also has no superpowers whatsoever, so I'm not sure how effective he'd be as a F4 member. Even though he kind of hung around with them when She-Hulk was replacing Thing.

He's the reason the F4 could defeat Black Panther in his first appearance (it was one of those "I don't actually have a problem with you, I just want to defeat you to show you how smart I am" situations).

Wingfoot is also like an Olympic class athlete i think? Or at least his Grandfather was loosely based on a real Olympian.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Skwirl posted:

He's the reason the F4 could defeat Black Panther in his first appearance (it was one of those "I don't actually have a problem with you, I just want to defeat you to show you how smart I am" situations).

Wingfoot is also like an Olympic class athlete i think? Or at least his Grandfather was loosely based on a real Olympian.

To be fair, according to the Marvel handbook, every non-powered person in the Marvel universe is listed as Olympic-level athlete, expert hand to hand combatant, and/or having 3 PhD's.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Makes you wonder what watching the Olympics is like in the Marvel universe.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm assuming he's at least "peak human" if he can survive she hulk

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hulk Smash! posted:

To be fair, according to the Marvel handbook, every non-powered person in the Marvel universe is listed as Olympic-level athlete, expert hand to hand combatant, and/or having 3 PhD's.

Yeah, but in his first appearance it's all, "hey Johnny, here's your roommate, he's as good an athlete as his Grandfather, the greatest athlete of all time."

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but in his first appearance it's all, "hey Johnny, here's your roommate, he's as good an athlete as his Grandfather, the greatest athlete of all time."

If they are going to say that, why not just say that “hey Johnny, here’s your roomate, the greatest athlete of all time.”

I guess he really wants to respect his elders.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

If they are going to say that, why not just say that “hey Johnny, here’s your roomate, the greatest athlete of all time.”

I guess he really wants to respect his elders.

They were specifically trying to draw allusions to Jim Thorpe without trying to say this fictional character was related to this real person who'd died within living memory at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
I wanna say Wyatt has had powers in the past, or at least could casually use his family's shaman magic stuff.