Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This game's the best.

Top game: Fall Ball. I am the best Fall Ball player. I should be recruited onto some kind of international squad to represent my country at the Olympics.

Worst game: Roll Out. I don't know how anyone gets eliminated from this. You just stand on a roller going one way, and then move to a roller going the opposite direction when you get too far to one side. It's super boring.

I don't know why, but whenever I'm playing Rock N' Roll, and there's some dicks waiting in the community chute to try to block my ball instead of push their own, it's always blue team. Every time.

Edit: Tail Tag hot tip: Hide behind something and jump out at someone with a tail when the run by

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
People get eliminate from roll out because I push them into the slime.

Its an easy game to murder on, but it's fairly high risk, which makes it fun again.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ShineDog posted:

People get eliminate from roll out because I push them into the slime.

Its an easy game to murder on, but it's fairly high risk, which makes it fun again.

I can never manage to actually move anyone when I grab them. Is there a trick to it?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

PostNouveau posted:

I can never manage to actually move anyone when I grab them. Is there a trick to it?

Usually you murder people in that game by either grabbing and releasing when they jump, or just body checking them/blocking at a critical time.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Push, don't pull. It's like you build up a little force when you grab that releases at the end so that you pop apart when the grab ends, which can be enough to yeet someone off an edge. If they don't actively resist quickly you might just be able to guide them off the edge without waiting for the pop.

If two people grab and push together the victim can really go flying.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Hughmoris posted:

The team maps are the worst, wish there was a way to opt out of them.

I really hope that’s an option soon. There’s like... two?.... that I enjoy. It’s such a bummer to see a team show up in round 4 and realize that only luck is getting you through to the next round.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Royal Fumble should never be held with less than 5-6 players. Just completed one with only three players (thanks Slime Climb!) and held the tail from start to finish without much effort.

The challenge of that event is in having to continually dodge a small mob in a constricted map, and the map feels too wide open and easy with just two people chasing you.

Fall Mountain or Jump Showdown should be the default finals for a group of less than 5.

anakha fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 26, 2020

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I was playing early in the morning and the rush of ALMOST getting the crown in a game of Pole Jumprope had me so on edge it woke me up wide.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I've always assumed that if a non-zero number of players is on a plate segment in Jump Showdown, and that plate is isolated on both sides where you can't make it to another with even a dive, that that part wouldn't fall. Tonight I learned otherwise as the game just decided to straight up execute me for not staying with the group. Got a good laugh out of it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

anakha posted:

Royal Fumble should never be held with less than 5-6 players. Just completed one with only three players (thanks Slime Climb!) and held the tail from start to finish without much effort.

The challenge of that event is in having to continually dodge a small mob in a constricted map, and the map feels too wide open and easy with just two people chasing you.

Fall Mountain or Jump Showdown should be the default finals for a group of less than 5.

Ever played Hex-a-Gone with very few people? I haven't but I think it would add a lot. I always like the end of Hex-a-Gone when there's like 3 people left and you can start actually targeting each other.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Hex-A-Gone with few people is awful, it takes ages. That mode is made for the chaos you get when you have a ton of people running around.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Broken Cog posted:

Hex-A-Gone with few people is awful, it takes ages. That mode is made for the chaos you get when you have a ton of people running around.

Ah yeah I could see that

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Ever played Hex-a-Gone with very few people? I haven't but I think it would add a lot. I always like the end of Hex-a-Gone when there's like 3 people left and you can start actually targeting each other.

There's a hidden 5-minute timer in that event that ends it with all surviving players winning. That's very easy to take advantage of with only a few players if they're all aware and agree to bunny hop on separate floors.

I don't recall having done Hex-a-Gone with less than 10 people in recent memory, and I think that's a fine minimum threshold for that event.

anakha fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 26, 2020

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Yeah, I haven't had any low pop Hexagons lately, but I did have a couple rounds like that earlier on, so I guess they upped the minimum for that game at some point.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
For some reason, everyone wearing a wolf costume is an idiot

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I got the Portal gun turret costume and it owns.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

PostNouveau posted:

For some reason, everyone wearing a wolf costume is an idiot
That's the free costume that everyone seemed to get so could be a players first game (I know when I first downloaded the game and went to wardrobe it was there). I don't think anyone who has unlocked any amount of other costumes would ever wear it because it's tainted.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I kind of want to wear it and play just so I can see what a victory screen looks like with it on

But yeah it was just the week 1 playing bonus. You can't get it anymore (unless it's the blue one.)
I feel like there's some kind of joke behind the wolf costume being the DLC store icon. A slobbering predator tempting the weak willed closer...

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Coolness Averted posted:

Usually you murder people in that game by either grabbing and releasing when they jump, or just body checking them/blocking at a critical time.

I've had so many laughs doing this. I hang around a big gap and quickly grab/release people right before they jump. It hoses their momentum and they fall in to the abyss.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Just played my first game with a hacker, who used super jumps to reposition themselves freely around Slime Climb, and then super speed to slam into people and launch them off the map at high velocity.

Hope they're working on upping their anti cheat solution i.e. having one.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Mode 7 posted:

Just played my first game with a hacker, who used super jumps to reposition themselves freely around Slime Climb, and then super speed to slam into people and launch them off the map at high velocity.

They stated their anti cheat currently bans people after the game, but will be updated to ban people during the game too.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Had a speed hacker in a game last night. Round 2 was hoarders. Rest of his team threw the game. Lovely.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Several uneven team games of fall ball last night, thought they fixed that or were they still working on that fix?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The initial announcement about the uneven teams patch said they were still working on getting it finished.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I've somehow gone from winning one game since this came out to winning three in a row tonight.

Scared to continue now.

Edit: I did not continue my streak.

Quote-Unquote fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 26, 2020

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Do they still have that 5 wins in a row achievement? I know 100% people were suicidaly angry about it

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

Fans posted:

Do they still have that 5 wins in a row achievement? I know 100% people were suicidaly angry about it

It's a thing. A thing I'll never achieve.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kenzo posted:

It's a thing. A thing I'll never achieve.

I would be surprised if more than a fraction of a percent of players will ever be able to get it. Even 2 in a row is a pretty big ask, but at least it's likely to happen at some point. 5 though...

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It will only get harder as well. If you are a quick learner and got lucky in the first couple of weeks the general playerbase will be so bad that it could happen. The general skill level will slowly rise now and there's likely to be 2-3 players in every game who have studied levels and are actually good.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

veni veni veni posted:

I would be surprised if more than a fraction of a percent of players will ever be able to get it. Even 2 in a row is a pretty big ask, but at least it's likely to happen at some point. 5 though...

I'm going to get it in 10 years when nobody else is playing it any more and I just automatically win after the first round.

Oh who am I kidding, I'll still choke.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
The team maps seem to be the biggest barrier to winning 5 in a row.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Mode 7 posted:

Of all the experiences with hacking in this game, this sounds really loving funny.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'd kill to see the internal metrics on Perfect Match and Slime Climb. The elimination rates on those two in particular just have to be insane outliers.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Hughmoris posted:

The team maps seem to be the biggest barrier to winning 5 in a row.

Definitely. You can’t reliably win every team map, even if you have a group of 4 playing together.

And even if your group somehow made it all to the final 5 matches in a row, and they tried helping you win the final, there’s still a decent chance someone else would win at least one of those.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I got insanely lucky to win 3 in a row. Then I lost one, then I won another (my first fall mountain win!).

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

veni veni veni posted:

it's at about .6% last I checked and I'm willing to bet a significant portion of those are cheaters

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Flayer posted:

It will only get harder as well. If you are a quick learner and got lucky in the first couple of weeks the general playerbase will be so bad that it could happen. The general skill level will slowly rise now and there's likely to be 2-3 players in every game who have studied levels and are actually good.

Yeah, like I remember in the first week, I felt like a genius when I was the only guy reliably blocking egg thieves from escaping. Now everyone knows defense is important (and the counterplay of throwing the egg out and letting someone else run off with it).
I think seesaw is one of the only maps where it still looks like most people don't know about the last second dive and holding the grab button to steady yourself tricks that help you survive drops and tilted boards you normally can't.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fans posted:

I've seen two videos of people who got it. One of them got 3 and then went and got his friends to ensure he could win the team games to get the last two.

The second was a guy who is normally a Mario streamer. He did it without friends and actually seems to be significantly better than everyone. I can't even figure out what he's doing in Dizzy Heights but his route through the first spinners is much faster than the "follow the spin" route. He's also sick at Slime Climb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk6cb1WJ-Iw

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Got a game of Fall Ball last night that ended 1-0, it was easily the most tense moment I've had playing a team game and I had so much fun with it. Sweetest part was that I scored the only goal :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Kifisonfire posted:

Of all the experiences with hacking in this game, this sounds really loving funny.

Yeah I can't fault their creativity, if I was cheating I don't think it would have occurred to me to weaponise my super speed like that.