Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Well it is a wee mini-period that's trying to happen, I can't quite get away without a pad. I'm exhausted and thirsty and cross. Does anyone take iron? Does it help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Miss Broccoli posted:

hi im trans and estrogen made me get faux periods and i changed from pills to implants and that seemed to make it stop cause my levels weren't a roller coaster and it's been 3ish months and oh no it's back and this is day 4 i dont even have a womb that was supposed to be my one (1) singular perk why is my entire middle section trying to collapse in on itself gently caress offfffff

I feel for you Miss, but drat :lol:

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Miss Broccoli posted:

hi im trans and estrogen made me get faux periods and i changed from pills to implants and that seemed to make it stop cause my levels weren't a roller coaster and it's been 3ish months and oh no it's back and this is day 4 i dont even have a womb that was supposed to be my one (1) singular perk why is my entire middle section trying to collapse in on itself gently caress offfffff

congratulations you are now a woman, time to sit on the toilet and hurl into the trashcan you keep in your lap

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HIJK posted:

congratulations you are now a woman, time to sit on the toilet and hurl into the trashcan you keep in your lap

ive already achieved Is it pains or do u need to poop (yes) but ohgod this poo poo makes you wanna puke too?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Miss Broccoli posted:

ive already achieved Is it pains or do u need to poop (yes) but ohgod this poo poo makes you wanna puke too?

I mean not everyone but it's different for all. NGL I didn't realise estrogen would do this and I am both glad you're able to live your truth and sorry that now, like all women, you will be devoured by gutmonsters.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Miss Broccoli posted:

It's never made me wanna puke. As a big emetophobe I'm disturbed that happens to others.

Also my phone tried to capitalize disturbed when I was swipe typing. Very important band apparently.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Miss Broccoli posted:

Have someone throw you a womanhood party like weird mom's do when their daughters have their first periods.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Miss Broccoli posted:

You can still bleed from other orifices. I once had a week long nosebleed and my doctor was like "yeah that can happen during menstruation the body is dumb".

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Ladies just getting nature-dunk'd on itt.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Elentor posted:

You can still bleed from other orifices. I once had a week long nosebleed and my doctor was like "yeah that can happen during menstruation the body is dumb".

The Blood God cares not from whence the blood flows

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Miss Broccoli posted:

So not long ago I was on my period. Which meant I was on the toilet for a while ejecting. Now while I’m having toilet time my head starts swimming and I get that unsettled feeling in the pit of my stomach - you know the one. Luckily I keep a small trash can lined with plastic liner close by for this occasion. I think I sat there for 20 minutes holding the trash can, pooping, and spitting into the trash because of increased saliva etc. After a while I ended up puking stomach acid and toast into the trash. It sucks because the stress always makes me cry as well. And I always fall for the same mind trick: at least this will help me crap better!

It doesn’t. Your sphincter clenches shut when you puke. Which was unfortunate because I also suffered a gush at the same time. Made me feel p bad.

This happens to me every month and my dentist thinks its why my tooth enamel is so damaged.

Welcome to the sisterhood enjoy your stay

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
My PMS symptoms have started changing more or less every 6 months in the last few years so I have like no reliable indicators that shits coming up. Sometimes my boobs hurt, once there was a solid year where I'd go online and buy a bunch of dumb poo poo the night before I started. Then there was the period (lol) where I'd get fantastically clumsy for like 3 days to the point that even my male coworkers figured out what was up independently. I feel like I'm currently changing over to getting hyper domestic as I decided over the last two days to get about 6 miles deep in the home canning rabbit hole and got everything set up to make cheese tomorrow. I guess it'll lead to more homemade pickles hanging around the house so that should actually be kind of a fun one.

edit:

Elentor posted:

Holy gently caress this happens every loving time, my body is just like "no, no, lets find a way to bleed from EVERY orifice possible at once"

cosmo sex tip
Sep 26, 2005
contains sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase, and fragrance.

ladies I am cramping once again, and since I've temporarily lost the use of my legs as my cramps usually do roundabouts the end of day 1-beginning of day 3, i'm stuck in this desk chair for a good few hours. Anybody got any good "ridiculous period advice i got from mom/female relatives/doctors/coworkers i barely knew/the homeless guy down the block/my bartender" stories? Bad advice only, please.

As an example, I never understood the whole "hot water bottle on the tummy" thing, all it ever did was make my cramps sweatier, but at least I can see how it would help people. But one of my friends swears by eating TONS of pasta as soon as the cramps hit. Swore it always works for her. Just eating nothing but pasta for like a full two days. No protein in it or anything, just noodles and a little bit of seasoning. When I asked her how she knew she could eat other stuff again she told me it was when her period started to get "real chunky" which I'll never forget because it ruined chunky tomato pasta sauce for me forever.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

cosmo sex tip posted:

ladies I am cramping once again, and since I've temporarily lost the use of my legs as my cramps usually do roundabouts the end of day 1-beginning of day 3, i'm stuck in this desk chair for a good few hours. Anybody got any good "ridiculous period advice i got from mom/female relatives/doctors/coworkers i barely knew/the homeless guy down the block/my bartender" stories? Bad advice only, please.

As an example, I never understood the whole "hot water bottle on the tummy" thing, all it ever did was make my cramps sweatier, but at least I can see how it would help people. But one of my friends swears by eating TONS of pasta as soon as the cramps hit. Swore it always works for her. Just eating nothing but pasta for like a full two days. No protein in it or anything, just noodles and a little bit of seasoning. When I asked her how she knew she could eat other stuff again she told me it was when her period started to get "real chunky" which I'll never forget because it ruined chunky tomato pasta sauce for me forever.

When i was 11 my aunt told me getting pregnant and having a baby would stop my cramps after i get thru labor

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is all horrifying and im reconsidering my existence on this mortal plane of reality why did nobody warn me and oh god if someone threw me a party for this i would hit them

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
atleast y'all get to retire im going to be on hrt till im in the ground

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

This came up in the r/relationships thread a few days ago and gave me a sensible chuckle when I thought about the horror and angst of a 9 yr old finding out that periods go on for (what I assume in her mind is) forever.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not punishing my daughter for cursing and telling my husband my decision is final and he doesn't get a say this time?
This is going to be one of the most silliest post but here we go.

I have a 9 (almost 10) year old daughter who got her first period recently. It was kinda a shock to see her get one so early.

I never had the mensuration talk with her and we sat down for it. I didn't even get to say much. I just said that it's a natural process and that it's gonna happen every month for the next 40 years and she yelled "gently caress this poo poo" and went to her room.

I have never heard her curse before and frankly, given the context, I found it hilarious. I mean, I can't even blame her for having that reaction.

My husband heard it and thinks she is too young to curse and we must punish her. I told him he doesn't understand and that it's okay to give her a pass this time.

He kept pushing and I just snapped and told him that we aren't punishing her for this and he doesn't get a say because he doesn't understand and that's final. If anything, me and my husband are to be blamed for not preparing her. I can't even imagine how scared she must have been when she saw all that blood with no context. And now I am telling her that it's gonna happen monthly for decades. Who wouldn't have that reaction?

He mumbled and grumbled but let it go. But he definitely thinks that I am being lenient and irritated because it's his daughter too and I shouldn't have said he doesn't get a say.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

sorry if this is a repost, I just discovered this thread

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
One of my first girlfriends was very, very into flowery menstural woo and she would occasionally save her menstural blood for tea. She claimed it helped with cramps but I was not going to try it out. She also did the bog standard spells and art with it.

Oh and my maternal grandma and my mom swore by pickle juice.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 26, 2020

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Guildenstern Mother posted:

This came up in the r/relationships thread a few days ago and gave me a sensible chuckle when I thought about the horror and angst of a 9 yr old finding out that periods go on for (what I assume in her mind is) forever.

sorry if this is a repost, I just discovered this thread

I've been having periods for almost 2 decades and I still feel that way

gently caress this poo poo

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Oh and my maternal grandma and my mom swore by pickle juice.

Works for hangovers? :shrug:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Miss Broccoli posted:

Perimenopause can last decades.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Miss Broccoli posted:

Wait you don't get to have menopause? Sucks. Yeah i guess your beard might come back, but all my aunties can grow beards these days.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Who doesn't love a hole that is constantly spitting out a variety of fluids at any given time?

Gotta say, menopause doesn't sound like a cure so much as a terrifying new existence to suffer. So maybe you're the lucky one.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Facebook Aunt posted:

Wait you don't get to have menopause? Sucks. Yeah i guess your beard might come back, but all my aunties can grow beards these days.

nah beard hairs are entirely testosterone and you gotta get those shot off your face with a laser, e doesnt do anything to those either way. my levels right now are low, much lower than a premenopausal cis woman, and this is happening, so its a good guess this is just my life now.
trans woman periods don't exist in literature (nothing does there is extremely little research done) so basically your guess is as good as mine as to whats going to happen when im old, my generation is going to be the first one where there's any data to inform those who come next.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Dazerbeams posted:

Who doesn't love a hole that is constantly spitting out a variety of fluids at any given time?

Gotta say, menopause doesn't sound like a cure so much as a terrifying new existence to suffer. So maybe you're the lucky one.

As with periods, it really varies. I didn't have much trouble with my periods and the menopause stuff, on its own, is more uncomfortable than horrible. It's just that I have other health issues and they exacerbate each other.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Dear menstruating goonettes. My coworker warns me when she's on her period because she gets super bitchy and says she can't help it. I don't call her out on it because I feel anything I say will be sexist dumbassery. Is there anything I can do aside from tiptoeing around her?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Outrail posted:

Dear menstruating goonettes. My coworker warns me when she's on her period because she gets super bitchy and says she can't help it. I don't call her out on it because I feel anything I say will be sexist dumbassery. Is there anything I can do aside from tiptoeing around her?

Make lots of "on the rag" jokes and definitely tell her that it's not that bad and if she were just strong LIKE A MAN she'd be able to suck it up.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Miss Broccoli posted:

On the upside that means osteoporosis is less of a concern.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Literally A Person posted:

Make lots of "on the rag" jokes and definitely tell her that it's not that bad and if she were just strong LIKE A MAN she'd be able to suck it up.

Are you trying to get me killed and/or fired?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Outrail posted:

Are you trying to get me killed and/or fired?

Yes.

But before you judge me take into account that it is only for the sake of comedy.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
For me menopause is way worse than any periods I ever had. I had hot flashes for years, still get them once in a while. Hot flashes are actually a very uncomfortable sensation - it's hot you're overwhelmed with sweat and flushed and turn red phenomenon.

Plus I have my anxiety now and I never had that before my entire life. All the sudden I'm aging, I look older when I look in the mirror my skin isn't perfect, now wrinkles are starting to form. It's a nightmare I'm telling you!!!

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Spinz posted:

For me menopause is way worse than any periods I ever had. I had hot flashes for years, still get them once in a while. Hot flashes are actually a very uncomfortable sensation - it's hot you're overwhelmed with sweat and flushed and turn red phenomenon.

Plus I have my anxiety now and I never had that before my entire life. All the sudden I'm aging, I look older when I look in the mirror my skin isn't perfect, now wrinkles are starting to form. It's a nightmare I'm telling you!!!

What you need is a bunch of young virgins, a meathook, and a bathtub. Fix that poo poo right up.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Who What Now posted:

I found this little explanation on the evolutionary benefits of menstruation that was interesting to me. IDK if it's true or not but I hope it is.

Interesting read but:

lol

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Pyrtanis posted:

vag loogies

Facebook Aunt posted:

tripping over our dangly protuberances

We are such beautiful and delicate creatures :yayclod:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

sigher posted:

Interesting read but:

lol

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Spinz posted:

My hot flashes weren't as intense as I expected but would wake me up just enough for me to realize my hands hurt and my back hurt and the anxiety would start and eventually I was only getting about five hours of sleep a night. Also, mental fog is a thing that happens. Paxil helps a lot, though it's not a cure-all. Do you have a gyno to talk to?

(Also taking extra calcium, b6, and evening primrose)

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

xcheopis posted:

My hot flashes weren't as intense as I expected but would wake me up just enough for me to realize my hands hurt and my back hurt and the anxiety would start and eventually I was only getting about five hours of sleep a night. Also, mental fog is a thing that happens. Paxil helps a lot, though it's not a cure-all. Do you have a gyno to talk to?

(Also taking extra calcium, b6, and evening primrose)

Thank you, hmmmmm. I have a regular doc I'm not seeing besides phone appts due to trying to avoid catching Covid.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Spinz posted:

Thank you, hmmmmm. I have a regular doc I'm not seeing besides phone appts due to trying to avoid catching Covid.

Strongly recommend getting a referral to a gyno, if that's possible. The Paxil started helping me in less than 48 hours.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I used to puke when I was on my period. I have special memories of throwing up in class in high school because I couldn't make it to the restroom in time. It's gotten better as I've gotten older luckily.

I started today too. I just want to cry about the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackmore
Dec 28, 2012

Catch the Rainbow
started my week long punishment today and every time it happens i just look back on the past few days and go "ahhhh everything makes sense now, no wonder" lol

never really ralphed on mine, though i'm sure it's happened, just not enough for it to really be a Thing for me. cramps for the first two days are usually what do me in but these past few periods i've been having the dreaded bowel movements that are really pounding the stakes in my coffin. help