Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm very on board with Excalibur and Wolverine right now. It's just all clicking with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Man, exploding boy talking to his zombie self really got me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Jay Eddin of Jay and Miles Xplain the X-Men is writing a Scott Summers one shot.

https://twitter.com/NotLasers/status/1296256980340932609?s=19

It's set when he was a teen pre X-Men so probably won't tie directly to the current stuff (but then again maybe Hickman will put a major call back to it as a keystone for whatever next years X-Men event will be)

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I really wanted to like Empyre X-Men but I can do with another loving forever without hearing Stephen Strange call Wanda an irresponsible idiot and then mansplain magic to her.

Isn't this the guy who destroyed two Earths or whatever?

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 24, 2020

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Word out of film-critic Twitter is that Dani and Rahne explicitly become a couple in The New Mutants movie.

Am I the last person to hear about this?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

not exactly the two new mutants i would expect but sure why not

radlum
May 13, 2013
I think it has been mentioned before. I like it; I felt that Claremont kind of teased that kind of relationship between them, though not as much as Kitty and Illyana (also, since Karma is not in the movie, at least we are still getting some LGBT representation).

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Rahne always felt coded as deeply closeted to me, so sure.

Although she's apparently always been an orbosexual.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 25, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Rahne always felt coded as deeply closeted to me, so sure.

Although she's apparently always been an orbosexual.

Doesn't she sleep with one of Madrox's dupes in X-Factor?

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 25, 2020

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The one thing that would sell me on The New Mutants movie is if was set in 1984 and presumed the existence of a larger X-Men franchise that doesn’t exist, so Illyana keeps talking about how she was raised by shadowcat and storm in a hell dimension and the x-men are currently missing because the beyonder kidnapped them to fight in secret wars. Also the cop and the nurse have to be in it and get turned into hot immortal Sioux people like in the comic.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I'm so loving excited about this surely-no-better-than-a-C-plus of a movie. It's gonna suck waiting for it to come out on video so I can put it on and then get distracted halfway through.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Skwirl posted:

I think Rahne's love history could best be described as messy.

I do agree though there is some subtext here and there that there are at least some women whom she has feelings for.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

She sleeps with Richter and has a child with an Asgardian wolfman.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

No, that was Siryn. M slept with the real one. And then Jamie eventually married Layla.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

In early New Mutants much is made of Dani and Rahne's special bond that allows Rahne to communicate with Dani while she's in wolf form. There's definitely some coding there, and yeah, it's easy to read Rahne as deeply closeted.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Having the Native American character have a bond with the wolf girl makes me roll my eyes, but whatever. Claremont always meant well, I think.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That was Shooter era, yeah? So deeply closeted coding was the best you could hope for those days.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

In happy news, X-Factor continues to be amazing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat X-Men is doing all the right loving things. Magnet loving owns. I love the formality of everything and how Krakoa is organized for combat with the constant telepathic communication and oversight with mutant power combinations for offensive and defensive capabilities.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
On top of the excellent X-books mentioned in the above two posts, I am really enjoying how Hellions is Zeb Wells taking the grimness of his New Mutants arc in Limbo and cranking up the horror even further to get near to "Immortal Hulk, but magical". It's so fun, and gross, and interesting, and I'm enjoying the terrible team.

Also, iWolverine is a great time if you like Larry Hama's oeuvre as I do:

"I intend to bisect them longitudinally!" :black101:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Dawgstar posted:

In happy news, X-Factor continues to be amazing.

I think this is the first time in ever that I've even remotely given a poo poo about the Mojoverse and it's all because it's just Twitch. :allears:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Metalshark posted:

On top of the excellent X-books mentioned in the above two posts, I am really enjoying how Hellions is Zeb Wells taking the grimness of his New Mutants arc in Limbo and cranking up the horror even further to get near to "Immortal Hulk, but magical". It's so fun, and gross, and interesting, and I'm enjoying the terrible team.

Also, iWolverine is a great time if you like Larry Hama's oeuvre as I do:

"I intend to bisect them longitudinally!" :black101:

Hellions is so dang good.

I don't think I will pick up all issues of X of Swords, since keeping up with events as they're happening tends to not be worth the effort, but I can't wait to read it in trade format. :stoked:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I don't understand Lorna's costume in X-Factor. Bizarre physics. Mojo World adapting to the age of influencers is a nice touch, yeah.

What's iWolverine about?

And speaking of (a) Wolverine, whatever happened to Laura since the Vault stuff? Or is she still in the Vault after nearly a year?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

JordanKai posted:

Hellions is so dang good.

I don't think I will pick up all issues of X of Swords, since keeping up with events as they're happening tends to not be worth the effort, but I can't wait to read it in trade format. :stoked:

I'm already buying all the books it's going to involve, not getting all of it would really just mean not picking up the three stand alone issues.

I could see it being annoying if you are only getting a couple X-Men books, but the way Empyre has been handled makes me think Hickman learned his lesson from Infinity's bullshit reading order. So hopefully you should be able to only read the books you're already reading.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Skwirl posted:

I'm already buying all the books it's going to involve, not getting all of it would really just mean not picking up the three stand alone issues.

I could see it being annoying if you are only getting a couple X-Men books, but the way Empyre has been handled makes me think Hickman learned his lesson from Infinity's bullshit reading order. So hopefully you should be able to only read the books you're already reading.

Even if I don't plan on getting them, I do appreciate that all the relevant issues will have "PART [X] OF 12" printed on the cover. I think that's better than having the little checklist at the end of every issue.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

I don't understand Lorna's costume in X-Factor. Bizarre physics. Mojo World adapting to the age of influencers is a nice touch, yeah.

What's iWolverine about?

And speaking of (a) Wolverine, whatever happened to Laura since the Vault stuff? Or is she still in the Vault after nearly a year?
Darwin, Wolverine and Synch have not been seen yet. I am excited for it to happen, but sometimes Hickman waits to come back to plot points.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Fritzler posted:

Darwin, Wolverine and Synch have not been seen yet. I am excited for it to happen, but sometimes Hickman waits to come back to plot points.

It should also be noted Magick says "3 attacks in 3 months" in X-Men #11 and Xavier says it took like a month before the first attack back in X-Men #4 (It's been a while since I read that issue) so it's been about 4 months since Krakoa existed, subjectively, although that means it's also been a loving millenia or two for Laura et. al subjectively.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Skwirl posted:

I could see it being annoying if you are only getting a couple X-Men books
This is exactly why I'm annoyed.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Saoshyant posted:

I don't understand Lorna's costume in X-Factor.
It took me forever to figure out that there's this weird...magnetic halo thing? That's just floating behind her head all the time. Which actually kinda evokes her Chuck Austen costume where she had that weird anime devil girl halo floating around her head all the time.

I wonder how long it'll take the artists on other books to notice that Rachel doesn't have her hound marks anymore. With resurrection, all these lil' details tend to pop up.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Saoshyant posted:

What's iWolverine about?

Elsie-Dee at some point got caught and sold in parts, so Albert gets her back from the three criminal gangs (Russians, Reavers and Yakuza) in Madripoor who are using her. Then, it's escape from Madripoor!

Also, a monkey has a katana.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

BrianWilly posted:

I wonder how long it'll take the artists on other books to notice that Rachel doesn't have her hound marks anymore. With resurrection, all these lil' details tend to pop up.

Any inconsistencies are easily no-prized as subconsciously projecting the Hound marks onto her own body.

Does this mean we're gonna see Raze and Xavier Jr. again? Since apparently being from the future doesn't mean you're outside of the whole Krakoan Re-Rez thing.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

Probably as long as it took the different writers to decide whether there were three or five cuckoos.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Probably as long as it took the different writers to decide whether there were three or five cuckoos.

Two were dead for a long time

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

KaosMachina posted:

Any inconsistencies are easily no-prized as subconsciously projecting the Hound marks onto her own body.

Does this mean we're gonna see Raze and Xavier Jr. again? Since apparently being from the future doesn't mean you're outside of the whole Krakoan Re-Rez thing.

Could also be a similar technique to the M tattoo Bishop and Madrox have that writes itself to the subjects DNA.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I wonder if Rachel’s future even still exists post Secret Wars.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rick posted:

I just realized how especially awkward that would be for an 8-12 year old Franklin to remake (not really sure how old Franklin was supposed to be, but he was definitely not a teenager).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Could also be a similar technique to the M tattoo Bishop and Madrox have that writes itself to the subjects DNA.
The new bodies aren't clones, though. They're entirely new bodies created Mutant Magic. The "subconscious projection" makes more sense here.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe not technically, but aren't they regrown from Sinister's repository of mutant DNA?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

Two were dead for a long time

Yeah, but one of them got better pre-Krakoa.

It's just funny because for a while there they were showing up in background shots in a lot of post-HoX comics, and it was kind of random whether it would be 3 or 5. Even in the same comic line sometimes; there's 5 in the first issue of Marauders, but only 3 later on. I guess the other two were snogging Cable and Quentin Quire.

I think one comic specifically called them the "Three in One", but I don't remember which one.

Rick posted:

I don't think it's possible for Rachel's future to have existed for a long time, not least because she was married to Franklin Richards who has rewritten his own future an endless number of times over since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Maybe not technically, but aren't they regrown from Sinister's repository of mutant DNA?

Ah, yeah, you're right. HoX #5 says the eggs are injected with preserved DNA, so I retract what I said!