Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I'm fine with DBFZ supers because they're still pretty quick and they have some pretty big impact and weight to them

GranBlue is probably where I'm getting to some supers and I'm like "okay get on with it" or just look super anemic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
granblue supers are definitely too much. they look cool though

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

IronicDongz posted:

I like things that way. It's kinda cool to have less flashy things be more practical, not to mention super animations can get old after you've seen them a bunch.

MK11 got really tiresome because of this. Having to watch two full fatal blow animations and likely a fatality every single match ate up so much time compared to mk9 and mkx having xrays be a fun accessible thing for casuals and a niche way to secure a match for most characters otherwise

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Live Free posted:

it would help if there was anything else to spend meter on but nope

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Live Free posted:

yeah agreed. I hope they somehow figure out something else to do with meter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dead on time is the exact perfect length to realize how hosed you are for yolo throwing it 10/10

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

any super animation that is more elaborate than original marvel vs capcom's super animations, is bad. if it freezes time for more than a second, it's unforgivable

sorry i don't make the rules, that's just how it is

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Time Freeze, with massive character backdrop suddenly super imposed on the background, is mandatory

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Ulio posted:

Still trying out all the characters in sf5. Camille, Rashid and Akuma seem to be the most fun so far for me. Like Kage as well. You seem to do good damage and the combos are pretty easy to string together.

lol what? Who the gently caress is Camille? lmao. Dude, play Guile. That's the droid you're looking for

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

lol what? Who the gently caress is Camille?

I think this mystery is easier to solve than it appears.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I honestly think Camille might have been a better name for her to go by too

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Jazerus posted:

any super animation that is more elaborate than original marvel vs capcom's super animations, is bad. if it freezes time for more than a second, it's unforgivable

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Barudak posted:

Time Freeze, with massive character backdrop suddenly super imposed on the background, is mandatory

Jazerus posted:

I love the simplicity of the one at 32s here, probably one of the best supers for that, sounds and looks like it fuckin' hurts, no long animation, minimalist and relatively fast, fuckin' rules.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Jazerus posted:

stfu old

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

No super should take longer than GGXX Tyrant Rave. :colbert:

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

xrd added the 3d superflash windup animations but i never liked it specifically on dead on time. ggxx dot had the perfect length and, just as important, the perfect pose

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

The longest super should still be Jam's GGX insta-kill. Snappy, great animation, juuust enough time to make you hate life before you rematch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bad metaphors posted:

xrd added the 3d superflash windup animations but i never liked it specifically on dead on time. ggxx dot had the perfect length and, just as important, the perfect pose

Show em the rolex

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

do snes games on fightcade 2 require port forwarding or anything? me and a bud wanna play some endless duel

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

Endorph posted:

do snes games on fightcade 2 require port forwarding or anything? me and a bud wanna play some endless duel

SNES games don't work properly for most people on FC2 yet. If you and your buddy open the game up manually once connecting to each other that might work but carries risk of desyncs (you can do this to watch SNES replays through as well from FC2 matches). There are some people with whom it works fine but nobody I've asked on the main discord or elsewhere has any solutions. Mednafen works fine as an alternative, at least, even if online is a bit more fiddly to set up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BurningCourage posted:

SNES games don't work properly for most people on FC2 yet. If you and your buddy open the game up manually once connecting to each other that might work but carries risk of desyncs (you can do this to watch SNES replays through as well from FC2 matches). There are some people with whom it works fine but nobody I've asked on the main discord or elsewhere has any solutions. Mednafen works fine as an alternative, at least, even if online is a bit more fiddly to set up.

Dang, I was sold on endless duel and was lied to.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

Endorph posted:

Dang, I was sold on endless duel and was lied to.

Yeah I was wanting to play Sailor Moon and try Gundam with the Americans since it would have rollback on Fightcade but poo poo just does not work right. As far as that game goes even when it does work it runs at 40fps on Fightcade in matches for some reason. It's not really a priority for the FC devs at the moment either :(

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jazerus posted:

I like very cinematic looking supers as much as like supers akin to Iron Man's proton cannon :shobon:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Nazzadan posted:

MikeZ sucks and I wish Armor King had a conventional df2

not an empty quote

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

there's a lot of cowardice in Square-Enix not giving Sephiroth his entire three minute summoning animation for Supernova in the new Dissidia

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Don't diss the Proton Cannon.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

same

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

:agreed:

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Victory Position posted:

there's a lot of cowardice in Square-Enix not giving Sephiroth his entire three minute summoning animation for Supernova in the new Dissidia
The long supernova is an american invention! I, a seething guardian of pure final fantasy culture, require true supernovae to be short!

Gologle posted:

I want the next MvC (yeah right) to feature Protoman with a super called Iron Cannon.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Gologle posted:

Was this directed at me? Because I wasn't dissing it. I meant I like both kinds of supers; the overtly cinematic ones, and the quick short ones.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I like DOA6 supers. They’re really short and basically just one big dramatic strike, or you can interrupt it and use the super as a re-stand instead, which leads to potentially much greater damage but the opponent can possibly hold out of it. You can also use that re-stand to bait out a hold and get even MORE BIGGERER damage!

Doa is good.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I picked it up recently but I enjoy the timing on the weapon flipping arts and Issen techniques for Samurai Showdown VII. You do the move, cool stuff happens, and 3 seconds later you're back to the round.The duration on Super special moves however leaves a lot to be desired.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

How I play every fighting game

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

bionic... arm!

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005