Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Rarity posted:

Ok so I feel kinda bad around Hal but I think Hawke definitely comes away looking worse. I'm gonna give Eps another once over today to confirm my earlier town vibe and I should probably check out Amni as well but for now ##vote Hawke

also this is a really good case, I should reread birb and see how I feel about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Epsilon Plus posted:

Who would believe me without anything else supporting it?

I don't know exactly, I only know what it might be. This is why I'm pulling for a full claim. If I explain what I know about the setup now, it's entirely possible that either enough people will disbelieve me to make it pointless, or the remaining scum who hasn't claimed could easily wriggle out of it.

POST THE loving MAXIMS

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I mean setup. whatever

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

actually instead of a full claim I think we could maybe get away with everyone volunteering that they do or do not have a power role?

tbh I feel bad for even bringing anything setup-related up, but hum died N1 so we couldn't discuss if we wanted to go public with it or not and I was concerned that if people saw in our mason channel that he knew that people would be pissed post-game about it? idk, sorry

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I’ve already claimed using the least scummy of all methods: Breadcrumbing

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Epsilon Plus posted:

actually instead of a full claim I think we could maybe get away with everyone volunteering that they do or do not have a power role?

tbh I feel bad for even bringing anything setup-related up, but hum died N1 so we couldn't discuss if we wanted to go public with it or not and I was concerned that if people saw in our mason channel that he knew that people would be pissed post-game about it? idk, sorry

please tell me how everyone claiming is going to help us catch scum and how it's not going up with the remaining scum/sk simply claiming vanilla?

##vote EP+

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

In one way this makes me feel better about you, but on the other hand why do you think I am a SK? Yesterday you thought I was scum so is there something that makes that different? Don't get the pivot

somethign bout your play has made me suspicious. Bif's flip made me re-evaluate you being on the scum team. I don't know if you remember, but all of my alignment calls yesterday included a town bif.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Epsilon Plus posted:

Sure.

I'm vanilla town.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I looked over Eps's posts again, still think he's lower on the potential scum list than Hal or Hawke. I get that people are feeling iffy about his whole secret info let's fullclaim deal but I think that's coming from a genuine place of wanting a town win but maybe not doing things in the smartest way.

Eps, unless there's some crazy setup here we're looking at 1 scum + 1 SK out of ten players. We've got some wriggle room, at this point why do you think sharing your info with town would have a negative impact?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Rarity why did you leave out of your effortish post the parts where I became most suss of Bif?

Bifauxnen posted:

No I don't think she did better there, but I still think her actually being scum is unlikely since her effort game has been solid and consistent since day one. I haven't played with her before so maybe she's just like this every game, but I definitely read it as townie here. Her case on me draws a wrong conclusion but I don't think she's being unreasonable to see it that way, compared to some of the bullshit I usually get.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Pre-role claim but this isn’t convincing. Putting effort in of itself isn’t townie, especially when a lot of it is asking people for reads rather than developing cases. It’s the same thing gaspy said I tend to do as scum.

Is it because it relates to Bif talking about how townie you are? Did you not want people to remember that?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

strange that you would leave that out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity why did you leave out of your effortish post the parts where I became most suss of Bif?

Is it because it relates to Bif talking about how townie you are? Did you not want people to remember that?

How is that you being more suspicious of Bif? You're disagreeing with her read on me when you'd already been voting me for a couple of days at that point. You don't say anything there that implies you think she's scummy. Those posts indicate anti-Rarity thinking rather than anti-Bif thinking.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Now that I think about it Bif had been making weird town calls about Rarity since D1, like this sequence

id rather ##vote rarity
[unrelated hambeet post]

hambeet posted:

because..?

Bifauxnen posted:

Cause apparently it's Vote For The Most Effort-towny People Day, why didn't anyone tell me

Was this a preemptive defence or sucking up to town? if I think it’s the latter I’d probably unvote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

I looked over Eps's posts again, still think he's lower on the potential scum list than Hal or Hawke. I get that people are feeling iffy about his whole secret info let's fullclaim deal but I think that's coming from a genuine place of wanting a town win but maybe not doing things in the smartest way.

Eps, unless there's some crazy setup here we're looking at 1 scum + 1 SK out of ten players. We've got some wriggle room, at this point why do you think sharing your info with town would have a negative impact?

Yes at this point it’s silly for ep to not say what his deal is

As to your points about me rarity, you shouldn’t hold the bif thing against me, I was going to come back and get some reads in and you were too insatiable and ended the day early

I’m off to work at the moment but I’m actually much less busy today so I’ll be back shortly

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Yeah idk post the set up spec e+. Honestly, you don't have enough trust units for some weird gotcha via 'u do or don't have a power role' and I just want to speed run this part because it feels like sk and scum are a lil hosed if we hit them again and it will be a boring game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yo I’m sorry but E+ is being scummy as loving hell. He didn’t even verify Toal’s claim existed? He didn’t even act suspicious of Bif despite knowing her role was a scum role? e+ didn’t even vote her!

If you know the setup and know a hyperspecific role (even night watcher) exists and belongs to scum, how do you not IMMEDIATELY start pushing that person when they claim that? How do you not immediately spend more time trying to lunch them then get everyone to full claim?

E+ just scum claim so we can kill the SK

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

please tell me how everyone claiming is going to help us catch scum and how it's not going up with the remaining scum/sk simply claiming vanilla?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sorry if it feels like im throwing the game a bit for the dead people, I just wanna die and knwo who last sk is to watch the rest of town catch them and im bored so here I go.

sorry if you're town e+ but I think you really bungled this if so. ##vote e+

fwiw, I think executing, hal, then rarity, then SW or something like that will result in a victory.

SK could be amni but I guess I think those people have a higher SK quotient

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shh Toalpaz, damnit. Of course Amni is the SK, think about his play, he’s been playing consistently well, alongside me is nailing many scum, but he’s about 100% less present than usual. Furthermore, he was tryna kill scum with his NK the entire game, that completely jives with how I think Amni would play.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Shh Toalpaz, damnit. Of course Amni is the SK, think about his play, he’s been playing consistently well, alongside me is nailing many scum, but he’s about 100% less present than usual. Furthermore, he was tryna kill scum with his NK the entire game, that completely jives with how I think Amni would play.

Excuse me. Third party SK amni dayvigs someone on day and get cuddled for it. Thank you very much.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

well, im going to be tracking sandwolf tonight to put my fears to rest for sure. I wont let someone who looks so town sneak by

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Also, Toalpaz would have been killed N2 if I were scum when I correctly sussed him as a Tracker.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

Excuse me. Third party SK amni dayvigs someone on day and get cuddled for it. Thank you very much.

Why hello Amni, suddenly very vested in defending yourself from an SK claim

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

Also, Toalpaz would have been killed N2 if I were scum when I correctly sussed him as a Tracker.

why? Scientastic was much more scummy looking

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

well, im going to be tracking sandwolf tonight to put my fears to rest for sure. I wont let someone who looks so town sneak by

this is gonna feel ridiculous after the game but is fine by me

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Why hello Amni, suddenly very vested in defending yourself from an SK claim

Naw, just checking in sporadically during the workday and saw an opportunity for a joke.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I disagree, he seems fairly present compared to normal.

I kinda read his post about Toal being protected as a doc claim, but I suppose it could be "I tried to kill Toal and it failed" claim

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Yo I’m sorry but E+ is being scummy as loving hell. He didn’t even verify Toal’s claim existed? He didn’t even act suspicious of Bif despite knowing her role was a scum role? e+ didn’t even vote her!

If you know the setup and know a hyperspecific role (even night watcher) exists and belongs to scum, how do you not IMMEDIATELY start pushing that person when they claim that? How do you not immediately spend more time trying to lunch them then get everyone to full claim?

The way he has hemmed and hawwed about the whole thing since sort of claiming also stinks tbh

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I want to assure everyone that there is no doctor, I'm just in a masonry with the real tracker and I'm X shot BP. TBH at the start of the game I assumed everyone had masonries with their legion buddies.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just checking in to say it turns out I have the sadbrains today so not up for making an effort this evening. The Amni reread will have to wait for tomorrow but I'm still around for general chatting and ~*opinions*~

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

Just checking in to say it turns out I have the sadbrains today so not up for making an effort this evening. The Amni reread will have to wait for tomorrow but I'm still around for general chatting and ~*opinions*~

Fee better rarity! I’ll make some reads to pick up the slack for you

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

I didn't vote her because the hammer dropped when I was away from the game, I fully intended to vote her before the day ended but I wanted to discuss it further. Obviously if I say "yes I knew she was scum when she claimed even-night watcher" after she flipped nobody would give a poo poo. Before I write this out, though: god your posting is unenjoyable this game, I don't know if it's because I've got other poo poo going on but your tone and your inability to even consider my actions from a viewpoint other than your own is grating as hell.

anyways: Hum talked about the setup with me. before you read this, know that I have no way of knowing if the setup was changed at all, and I suspect it was at least a bit. there are two town PRs and two scum PRs, selected semi-randomly from the below list:

row 1: town 3-shot hider, mafia BP, town gunsmith, mafia RB
row 2: godfather, town cop, mafia even-night watcher, town tracker
row 3: town jailkeeper, mafia RB, town BP, mafia BP
row 4: mafia even-night watcher, town RB, godfather, town doctor

you plop an L on the list (randomly, it can be backwards or upside down or w/e) and it'll select two town PRs and two scum PRs. there's an SK and they have a one-shot juggernaut kill alongside being a JOAT, having one shot of each power selected

Toalpaz posted:

I want to assure everyone that there is no doctor, I'm just in a masonry with the real tracker and I'm X shot BP. TBH at the start of the game I assumed everyone had masonries with their legion buddies.

hum didn't say anything about any masonries other than ours so if this is true, it's news to me. it doesn't seem impossible, though.

anyways we have a dead scum even-night watcher, and toal is claiming to be BP with a tracker somewhere. if these are all true, and toal's masonry partner is town, the remaining scum is a godfather and there's no investigation role so it doesn't matter.

Asphyxious posted:

I’ve already claimed using the least scummy of all methods: Breadcrumbing

hum said he thought you breadcrumbed being bulletproof, I reread your posts a few times and didn't see it, possibly because I'm an idiot, idk. if toal is claiming BP and you're claiming BP, based on what I was told one of you is lying.

anyways this is why I believed SNG originally; I assumed he was telling the truth about being a jailer, since it shows up on the list. when he flipped vanilla scum it made me think that one of his scumbuds knew the list of potential PRs and that a decision was made to fakeclaim a role that town couldn't possibly have. this is why I was pushing for a full claim, I was hoping to catch someone claiming a town role that couldn't be in a set with the currently flipped/claimed roles, meaning that someone was lying. similarly if everyone claimed VT, someone would be lying there; either a town PR looking to hide a good PR (like cop or gunsmith) or scum/the SK claiming VT and us therefore ending up with too many VTs for (what I know of) the setup.

if this post affects your enjoyment of the game, sorry! I kinda wish hum hadn't told me but like I said before, it feels weird being the only living person for whom the setup is known (unless scum also know, which is potentially plausible).

unrelated to this, I also am feeling pretty sadbrains and am super tied up with work but I'm hoping to continue posting throughout the day

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I know people do make these kinds of grid for making mafia games, but at the same time why bother? Lmao. Just make things up. And if you're going to make a game like this why not just make it an open set up so that people can see.

Anyways I don't remember anything like that from pregame chat and I don't really care to believe it, but thank you. I guess I'll see what combos can happen but sees like bs

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

But also lol if scum are getting wrecked and their last power role is a regular godfather with no cop.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anyways this still feels like it can be a scum play because it doesn't clear e+ or get any useful info, beyond saying that the SK and or Scum can have BP and really hit the other team last night in addition to a doctor existing, but like I said I have ; ) bp so it's fine and this is all probably scum lies.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Like, imagine you're E+ yesterday and you say 'wait wait forestall the execution lets get town doctor or town cop to claim, so that I can potentially get scum role blocker or scum godfather to claim, also I know for sure bif is scum and toal is probably telling the truth'

It really don't feel like that was the mindset when E+ pitched this yesterday.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just what the gently caress at that whole post :psyduck:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Feels a bit on the bad side of meta gaming

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Epsilon Plus (3): Sandwolf, Amnistar, Toalpaz
Rarity (1): SHALASHASKA HAWKE
SHALASHASKA HAWKE (1): Rarity

Not Voting (5): Asphyxious, Epsilon Plus, Gridlocked, Hal Incandenza, hambeet

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 29th, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah I worry I'm coming on too strong E+, and I 'm sorry you're having a rough go at it. I just can't take that play seriously even though there are probably players like gridlock et al sitting in the background as this happens.