Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Oh yeah, you basically either win in the first couple of turns or you crash and burn.

But it is HILARIOUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Brawl Deck:
Lab Recruiter
Augmented Elekk
Bad Luck Albatross

Warning: People will concede.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
Soulfire, discard Egg and Hand of Gul'dan did it for me.

Played against a Druid that only got to play Overgrowth on turn 4. :psyduck:

Aaod
May 29, 2004
The shaman deck is shockingly consistent which lets you kill people on turn 2 way more often than you would think.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Aaod posted:

The shaman deck is shockingly consistent which lets you kill people on turn 2 way more often than you would think.

Yeah it’s almost better on the draw due to the coin. mulligan for as many of the draw 2s as possible, keep 1 Bloom at most

E: ran into counterfeit coin, evasion and flik skyshiv which is a hilarious counter

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 26, 2020

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Just had an opponent chain Messenger Raven into Messenger Raven in Arena - I thought self-discover was now out of the game?

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
I always do Mogu cultists in these limited card decks, this was no exception. Research project, frost nova, mogu cultist. Gets a little dicey near the end since your hand is stuffed and you could run out of freeze, but it's such a fun animation when it goes off.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah it’s almost better on the draw due to the coin. mulligan for as many of the draw 2s as possible, keep 1 Bloom at most

E: ran into counterfeit coin, evasion and flik skyshiv which is a hilarious counter

Counterfeit Coin, Secret Passage, Flik.

Counters Patches Druid, Giant Shaman, Pogo Rogue, Edwin Rogue.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

mcbexx posted:

Counterfeit Coin, Secret Passage, Flik.

Counters Patches Druid, Giant Shaman, Pogo Rogue, Edwin Rogue.

Can you reliably cast the Flik in the one turn window though? you'll need to find {Secret passages cast+6} mana From a total of 10 in your deck. Evasion buys you a little time vs the swarms, obviously bad vs Edwin tho.

E: let’s see turn 2 on the play turn 1 on the draw you got 25 cards in your deck so that’s 5 passages and 2 base mana so As long as you get 1 passage in each hand to chain you shoooould be good.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 27, 2020

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Pardot posted:

I made it to legend last week with this odd paladin
Thanks for the sugegstion. I switched one of the sidequests for another faceless since I feel that the quest is pretty minor and often hard to fit into your turns since you rather want to play tempo. And the corruptor does a ton of work in the deck imo so it just feels wrong to not play two copies. Did it from D3 in a bit over an hour with some matchup luck on the last stretch since I was mainly running into discard/darkglare locks that you can race with a good opener and some board control. Very few secret mages which is good since flak mage is an auto-loss. First final boss was a reno lock that started to BM hard once guldan was down and my % went down to near zero. People that stay silent the whole game and then go hog once it's locked always seem so silly to me but that's HS. Second and last final boss was another renolock that I perfectly sniped with leeroy so the universe is at peace again

First time since I started playing(naxx) so yay I guess. Can't imagine what a soulless grind it must have been under the old ladder system though

mcbexx posted:

Lightning Bloom
Ancestral Knowledge
Snowfury Giant
I stole this and it was extremely good :v:

Four giants on turn 2 is hard to beat

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
One and done with Earth Shock, Surging Tempest, and Storm's Wrath. Played against a Priest running Cloning Device, Draconic Studies, and Spirit of the Dead. No idea what their gameplan was supposed to be in a brawl this fast.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been doing Wolper, Adorable Infestation, Scavenger's.

It knocked out my hunter quest pretty fast. :v:

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
I actually liked this week's brawl.

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Mage
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 1x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (5) Apexis Blast
#
AAEBAf0EA6sEwbgDgb8DAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Alternatively, incanter's/ roaring torch/ and that one card that makes your opponent draw 2 cards if you want to fatigue them. >=]

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

*primal scream*

YEEEAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://ibb.co/2K1C3C8

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

paid money to post posted:

I actually liked this week's brawl.

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Mage
#
# 1x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 1x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (5) Apexis Blast
#
AAEBAf0EA6sEwbgDgb8DAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Alternatively, incanter's/ roaring torch/ and that one card that makes your opponent draw 2 cards if you want to fatigue them. >=]

Great deck! Thanks

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I feel like Patches, Embiggen, Mark of the Lotus seems more consistent for this one than Edwin, Coin, Passage but they're all pretty fun. I saw one person trying to play some kind of Warrior and I have no idea what his deck might have been (because something like 90% of games end on turn one).

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Well it was a great deck until I ran into the mega shaman deck. Anyone got a code for that?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
I used oaken summons, vargoth, and mark of the lotus. Obviously it's a slow deck but chaining out 60+ armor and having a board full of 11/15 vargoths is fun

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Funniest 3-card deck I've seen is Counterfeit Coin, Secret Passage, Sinister Strike. Literally instant loss against any class that can heal for 2 at any point in the first 2 turns or kill you. If not, then you win by turn 3.

Also a great way to complete your cast spells quest.

Edit: I suppose you could draw really badly from Secret Passages that you don't win on turn 3. But as long as you get a matchup where you get to play all 10 Sinister Strikes and they don't heal, you win.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Aug 27, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Desert Bus posted:

Brawl Deck:
Lab Recruiter
Augmented Elekk
Bad Luck Albatross

Warning: People will concede.

Tried this for one game and got matched up against this:

:unsmigghh: Anti-fun vs Anti-fun :unsmigghh:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I can't say it wins a lot but Incanter's Flow/Research Project/Deck of Wonders is a lot of fun. Replace Deck of Wonders with Apexis Blast if you want to actually win.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Fungal Fortunes, Ferocious Howl, Jade Idol. Seems tough to beat!

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
I streaked into legend with cyclone mage last week and start at like rank 15.5k. I'm now down to 17.5k. I have no idea why. Just nothing seems to work. Grrrr

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Secret passage needs a nerf. That poo poo is way broken. Five cards is too many and it's too cheap.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The real issue trying to run the flikk deck in the brawl is that you often need to play it turn 1 on the draw and you run hard into the rope

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Bizarre Brawl Quirks that I've now run into multiple times: Warlocks running Patches, Plague of Flames and Twisted Knowledge which, I guess, is a hard counter to the Patches Embiggen Druid? But... it doesn't seem like it would be any kind of fun to actually try to win a game against anything else.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
I fail to see how face hunter is supposed to be a good matchup against bomb warrior. What am I missing? Seems like Everytime they just have answer after answer.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Bomb warrior has started teching way more defensive with sword + board shield block and armorsmiths so if they have all of that just concede and nextgame

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

The real issue trying to run the flikk deck in the brawl is that you often need to play it turn 1 on the draw and you run hard into the rope

I did manage to live the Flik dream though and oh boy it feels good :allears:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Having peaked at around 300 legend I’m very happy that VS vindicated my belief that face hunter is the best deck right now even if my Scorpid innovation isn’t on their radar yet

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Oh man. I am currently in the middle of a Battleground where I picked AFK. 3-drops I got were Khadgar and Zerus. Next turn, Zerus turned into the 6-star Pirate Boat.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
enjoy every opponent sniping your Khadgar first for the rest of the game

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Having peaked at around 300 legend I’m very happy that VS vindicated my belief that face hunter is the best deck right now even if my Scorpid innovation isn’t on their radar yet

Likely a combination of:

- There's already a waiting list of good cards that have been cut from the deck
- Scavenger's Ingenuity hitting Phase Stalker or Wolpertinger is just so so much better
- Adding Polkelt gives a more reliable way to find your closers

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

- Scavenger's Ingenuity hitting Phase Stalker or Wolpertinger is just so so much better

Wolpertinger for sure but if aggro rogue is the deck to beat right now then I think Scorpids are better to hit than phase stalkers in that matchup. Hitting the scorpid guarantees 7 damage to their face and sets up a kill command, while the phase stalker is vulnerable to all sorts of removal.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Wolpertinger for sure but if aggro rogue is the deck to beat right now then I think Scorpids are better to hit than phase stalkers in that matchup. Hitting the scorpid guarantees 7 damage to their face and sets up a kill command, while the phase stalker is vulnerable to all sorts of removal.

Phase Stalkers fetch Explosive Traps out of your deck and Explosive Trap is the best card Hunter has against Stealth Rogue. If you get to play both Explosive Traps back to back you just win the game, the Rogue can’t possibly race you after being forced to take 2 turns off.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Olpainless posted:

I am a terrible monster that deserves death.

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Rogue
#
# 1x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 1x (1) Secret Passage
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
#
AAEBAaIHA7IC9bsCqssDAAA=
#

You know what to do.

My first game I only got a 26/26 on the board turn 1 which was insufficient to win. My second game I got a 24/24 and 26/26 on the board which could've gotten much bigger if not for the turn timer but it was enough to get me my pack.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I don't know if anyone else has the same thing, but Priest mirrors right now occupy the same space as old Tank Up Control Warrior mirrors where I'd rather uninstall than play them but I absolutely love watching pro players grind them out. I've been working on office stuff all day while listening to casters in the EU grandmasters and SilverName/Seiko was an amazing like 90 minutes of white noise

Aaod
May 29, 2004
My personal opinion is the problem is the first 20-25 minutes don't matter but the last 5 cards until fatigue and in fatigue can be actually interesting.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
I fervently wish I could play the same kind of games you see in the pro circuit, but they're decks that aren't actually consistent against the mass meta.

I would like to see Wild pro become a thing too. It would be interesting to see what actually comes out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://twitter.com/LezzemosHS/status/1299433284485681159